PDA

View Full Version : manual attack die extension

Niles
May 8th, 2018, 19:41
I really like this extension but it doesn't work anymore with all the updates. It's an extension that allows the DM to put a number in that they want the player to roll...anyone know how it can be modified to work?

Trenloe
May 8th, 2018, 19:58
...anyone know how it can be modified to work?
The \scripts directory contains 2 files - one is the original manager_action_attack file and one is the modified extension file.

You have two options:
1) Compare the changes between these two files to see what changes were made for the extension. Then migrate these changes to the new FG v3.3.5 manager_action_attack file.
2) Or, compare the original file with the current v3.3.5 file and migrate the v3.3.5 file changes into the extension file.

Niles
May 8th, 2018, 20:18
The \scripts directory contains 2 files - one is the original manager_action_attack file and one is the modified extension file.

You have two options:
1) Compare the changes between these two files to see what changes were made for the extension. Then migrate these changes to the new FG v3.3.5 manager_action_attack file.
2) Or, compare the original file with the current v3.3.5 file and migrate the v3.3.5 file changes into the extension file.

Thanks Trenloe, but I look at what you wrote above and it's all greek to me. I just don't know anything about coding. Lol!

Trenloe
May 8th, 2018, 20:29
LOL! So the actual question you should have asked was "can anyone modify this to make it work?" ;-)

Niles
May 8th, 2018, 20:34
LOL! So the actual question you should have asked was "can anyone modify this to make it work?" ;-)

Yes sorry, that's what I meant!

LordEntrails
May 8th, 2018, 21:25
What does this do that the built in manual die roll doesn't?

Niles
May 8th, 2018, 21:29
What does this do that the built in manual die roll doesn't?

This one, the DM can input a roll they want the player to roll, without them knowing, only on attacks, and it will come up. The 3D dice doesn't come up the number, but the text number does. The manual roll, of course the players know they are using it because they have to call it up on their end.