PDA

View Full Version : Themes Not Working Correctly

Thades
May 8th, 2018, 19:41
My themes used to work, and I am not sure what happened to break it. Now, when I choose any theme other that the default with the white background and the red D&D letters, I get a "leather" theme? Not sure where this is coming from. I have the PHB, MM, DM Guide, etc, so at least one theme somewhere should work. 23407I have uninstalled Fantasy Grounds and deleted the game folder to make sure there wasn't any remnants there, bu the problem keeps occurring.

Any other place to look, like the registry to totally remove all settings?

Trenloe
May 8th, 2018, 20:01
Welcome to the forums.

Try it in a campaign rather than Manage Characters. It shouldn't make a difference - but I want to see what the chat window reports when you load up a campaign with a specific theme.

So - please try in a campaign. If it doesn't work - provide a screenshot of the chat window immediately after loading, so we can see the versions of everything being loaded. Provide a screenshot of the "Load Campaign" screen - showing the ruleset and the theme extension selected.

Stuart
May 8th, 2018, 20:50
I get exactly the same - for OOTA - desktop decal not appearing.

Zacchaeus
May 8th, 2018, 20:53
I get exactly the same - none of my 5E campaing Themes (Strahd or Out Of The Abyss) work anymore.

And the screenshot of the chat window please?

Stuart
May 8th, 2018, 20:57

Trenloe
May 8th, 2018, 21:06
OK, so are we talking about themes (the whole desktop graphics change - buttons, windows, everything)? OR are we talking about decals (the ability to cycle through different graphics on the centre of the desktop)?

If we're talking about decals - go to your campaign options and check what the Game (GM) -> Desktop: Decal Image is set to. See if you can cycle through the images with that option.

Thades
May 9th, 2018, 03:41
Welcome to the forums.

Try it in a campaign rather than Manage Characters. It shouldn't make a difference - but I want to see what the chat window reports when you load up a campaign with a specific theme.

So - please try in a campaign. If it doesn't work - provide a screenshot of the chat window immediately after loading, so we can see the versions of everything being loaded. Provide a screenshot of the "Load Campaign" screen - showing the ruleset and the theme extension selected.

Sorry, I took a few screenshot, here is what I get:

After reading your previous post, maybe I am missing something between a "theme" and a "decal"? Are there only 2 themes? The white one with the red icons and this brown one shown in my screenshots and the decal is just the dragon circle icon?

Thades
May 9th, 2018, 03:45
Also, I did do as you say and the Decals are working fine. So maybe I am misunderstanding the difference between a theme and a decal. Is that brown leather and white my only options for theme?

Thades
May 9th, 2018, 03:54
I think I figured it out, I am a doofus. The other options on the campaign screen are for the decals and themes, and I can select more than one :o

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2018, 05:20
So decals are simply the image that appears in the middle of the desktop/window. Themes have the ability to change everything graphical (background, icons, windows, fonts, etc)

There are many themes. The will show up in your extensions list, as they have to be loaded prior to starting the campaign session. You should only load one theme, unless a theme is designed to go along with another theme (I don't know of any that do this, but one could be designed to do so.)

Most themes are made by the community, and have to be loaded and installed like an extension. You can find these various community themes in the forums, usually in a sticky at the top of the forum for the ruleset they are designed for. Don't forget to check CoreRPG as most extensions that work in that ruleset will will in most rulesets (since CoreRPG is the parent of most rulesets).

Let us know if you have more questions.

Trenloe
May 9th, 2018, 13:02
Also, I did do as you say and the Decals are working fine.
Cool.

Is that brown leather and white my only options for theme?
There are other generic themes available - scroll further down in the extension list to see some "Theme..." entries.