PDA

View Full Version : Add tab to character sheet (PFRPG)

jasharen
May 8th, 2018, 02:46
Hello,
Undertaking my first extension for PFRPG and am hoping for a little help.

My goal is to add a new tab to the character sheet, and put some information on that tab. Is it possible to add a new tab to the character sheet without completely replacing record_char.xml?

Ideally I'd just like to add it as a "join" but I am not sure that is doable.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ken L
May 8th, 2018, 04:37
You're pretty much on the money by using 'join' here. Documentation on the rulesets themselves is whatever comments are left in, you kinda have to shoot blindly a bit as you figure out all those nested templates. Most of the rulesets use templates nested in templates before you start seeing some of the base structures laid out in the ruleset api.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2018, 13:20
The problem is that you can't use merge rules for the <tab> definitions - as the merge rules rely on the XML tag having a unique name, so it knows which tag to merge, join, overwrite, etc. and the <tab> definitions don't have names. So you'll have to include the whole <windowclass name="charsheet"> definition with your added tab.

jasharen
May 8th, 2018, 14:33
Trenloe,
Thanks that was my assessment as well, but I was really hoping that would not be the case.

I don't want to have to do constant updating to the extension with every new update that affects the character sheet.

Given that, I think I'd be better off adding a button off the main sheet of the character that opens up another window to display the information. Mostly I just want to go to the information from the character sheet, so a button would work, even if not what I was hoping for.

Thanks again for all the support!

damned
May 9th, 2018, 08:13
the code you need to change/duplicate changes extremely infrequently...