PDA

View Full Version : Automatic damage on attack rolls

floorbagel
May 8th, 2018, 02:09
First time i installed fantasy grounds and building a 3.5 campaign I was able to do a full attack and damage was rolled & applied automatically at the same time. Now it just does the attack rolls without damage automatically being applied. I tried a fresh install though I can't recreate this situation, googling I was able to find people who had the same circumstances with no resolution. I recall the damage being displayed in a below the attack roll.

Is there a fix? Is this a bug? Have you experienced/encountered this? I'd like to be able to do this again!

I wonder if it's possible I entered info for a custom monster in such a way it allowed this though all custom monsters were corrected of any errors even if this is the case, I can't recall any of my errors.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2018, 02:14
Welcome to the forums.

This has been discussed before - the 3.5E ruleset has never applied damage as part of an attack roll. These are two separate actions (FG term) - roll the attack, then roll damage. This is by design, it's not a bug or some-such. The design is very specific in this - roll for the attack - even if FG says "hit", it gives the chance for an edge cases/feats/abilities that can be used before damage is applied - by rolling the second damage action.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.