PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in 7th Sea?

joeru
May 1st, 2006, 14:06
Just wondering if there's anyone, preferably in Europe (I'm GMT +3), who's interested in a 7th Sea campaign (R&K rules)? I've yet to construct the ruleset, though it would only consist of the user interface and character sheet.

- At least a somewhat decent knowledge of the rules and setting is required.

- Trying to get 3 or 4 players.

- The style of the campaign would be decided with "The Other 100 Points" rules (each player distributes 100 points between Intrigue, Action, Romance, Exploration and Military according to his/her preferences) and my interpretation of the results.

- Social interaction and combat would have a roughly equal amount of importance, with some adjustments due to the style of the campaign.

- After determining the style of the campaign, characters should be constructed with the help of "The Game of 20 Questions."

- I've most of the Nation books so as long as the resulting character ideas and their backgrounds fit together, I will be pretty much open for anything. To ensure this, conversation between the players about their characters is highly recommended (you needn't reveal all his/her secrets, of course).

- Admittance into Secret Societies will only be possible through roleplaying.

I'll be working irregular three shifts during the summer, so a weekly session at a stated time probably won't work, but a few shorter sessions during the week would be fine with me.

Clockpunk
May 19th, 2006, 05:41
Sign me up,
I love 7th Sea and have all the nation books bar Ussura. Please PM me if the game goes ahead.

Clockpunk

Belizan
May 19th, 2006, 06:07
Damn Euros, get me all excited and then dash my hopes on the shoals of your timezones.

Pity yanks seem to only consistantly play d20 :(.

Kalan
May 19th, 2006, 13:16
If/when I can get the time to get a ruleset together for 7th Sea R&K I may run one using FG. 7th Sea is far and away my favourite setting/system for "fantasy" style campaigns :D

joeru
May 19th, 2006, 20:07
Since it seems there aren't too many volunteers ... *melodramatic sigh* ... Kalan and Belizan, what timezones are you on? Maybe we can work in a few sessions now and then or something. (Can you see I'm desperate? :( )

Kalan
May 19th, 2006, 20:37
Currently I'm in the EST (or is it EDT now :S)

Anyways, I live in Toronto Canada if that's any easier ;) Tho with my gf movin back to denmark soon - I'll be spending some of my weekends on "danish" time anyways - so I think I could be persuaded to play some then ;)

Belizan
May 19th, 2006, 22:48
If you're on Danish time, wouldn't you want to be spending your time with your girlfriend? 8).

I'm on the west coast of the US :(. So PST or GMT-8.

Kalan
May 19th, 2006, 22:50
Hehe...She has FG too ;) So chances are we'd be running our d20 Modern scenario :)

That and she's been itchin to play 7th Sea ;) I'd not say ALL the time would I play - but I'm sure we can come up with somethin :D

sueil
May 21st, 2006, 15:45
I'm interested in playing. I've never played 7th sea before, but I have a lot of rpg experience. I don't really know the rules too well yet but I could learn them before the game starts. I have a lot of the books. I've really been hoping I would get a chance to play this system. I've been looking for a game for it. I live in the US EST time zone, but I can play any time zone.

Sigurd
May 21st, 2006, 16:15
I love the idea of swashbuckling d20.

Unfortunately, I respectfully leave Danish Time for Danes (people have so little time as it is :) ) I'm In Guelph Ontario which is currently UTC/GMT -4 hours.

Sigurd

joeru
May 22nd, 2006, 07:39
So, people, should we put up a Yahoo Group so we could more freely discuss what kind of characters you'd like to play?

-- joeru

sueil
May 22nd, 2006, 15:13
Yeah that would be good.

draeven57
May 22nd, 2006, 15:51
Though, due to timezone constraints, I cannot play I do have one request.. If you get a working ruleset of any kind, can I PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have a version of it as well?

I GM'd 7th Sea for several years and have an extensive website dedicated to our campaign (full of background info, stories, poems, songs, histories, etc.). The name of the site is "Uncommon Valor". Here is the url if you wish to check it out.

https://www.geocities.com/draeven57/valor.html

Kind of an 'old fashioned' webpage. You can find the link to the character histories, stories, songs, etc., at the bottom of the page.

I would love to be able to get back together with my old group and something like FG is my only way of potentially doing so.

As well, I would love to be part of any yahoogroup or similar group that discussed the prospect of a 7th Sea ruleset. I may also be convinced (twist my arm!) to help with the ruleset though I don't really know much beyond basic, basic .xml.

Laters,

joeru
May 22nd, 2006, 18:01
Though, due to timezone constraints, I cannot play I do have one request.. If you get a working ruleset of any kind, can I PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have a version of it as well?

I GM'd 7th Sea for several years and have an extensive website dedicated to our campaign (full of background info, stories, poems, songs, histories, etc.). The name of the site is "Uncommon Valor". Here is the url if you wish to check it out.

https://www.geocities.com/draeven57/valor.html

Ah, it's your site! It was one of the sites I browsed through some years back before deciding to buy 7th Sea, so I am naturally obliged to give you a "complimentary" copy once I get the ruleset fine-tuned (yes, I've already begun and it's already pretty far along).

Kalan
May 22nd, 2006, 21:38
Well mate...ifn you need a hand with yer rules set, I'd be more than willin to help out once I get my d20 Modern modifications done.

I've learned a LOT about adding in new window classes, rules and the like...w/o modifying existing files ('cept the d20_reference file...)

As for Yahoo group...I'd rather not :S I don't much care for it...but I'll tag along anyways ;)

sueil
May 22nd, 2006, 23:34
Well I spent the last couple days reading the players guide. I've got a pretty good concept of the rules now and I think I am ready to play. I've also started coming up with character idea's and drew up a character that I think I could alter to meet any type of gameplay we are doing.

joeru
May 23rd, 2006, 16:13
So, the Yahoo group is up at:

https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/7thSea-FG/

Membership requires approval, so just put the nick you use here in the "comment to owner" text field.