PDA

View Full Version : Unable to find Starfinder Ruleset

superteddy57
May 7th, 2018, 15:17
Was planning on making some personal extensions for the ruleset, but not able to find it in the ruleset folder. I even attempted to delete and force a new install of the files. Is this a full blown ruleset or something that piggy backs off of the Pathfinder ruleset?

Trenloe
May 7th, 2018, 15:30
Was planning on making some personal extensions for the ruleset, but not able to find it in the ruleset folder. I even attempted to delete and force a new install of the files. Is this a full blown ruleset or something that piggy backs off of the Pathfinder ruleset?
It's a full blown ruleset, but it is encrypted in the vault directory - so you can't access it.

This is an option now being offered to publishers when official products are created - that the contents of the product be encrypted. Most publishers are accepting that option.

If you want to do specific extension development it's possible to reach out to SmiteWorks and [email protected] and see if they can provide a subset of the ruleset that you can use as reference for your extension development. As a very active extension developer myself I now this is not ideal, but I'm afraid that's what the process is now.

superteddy57
May 7th, 2018, 15:32
Ok, thank you for clearing that up. I thought I was going a bit crazy.