PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Eye (TDE) - MoreCore Extension

Trenloe
May 7th, 2018, 00:53
Beta release of a MoreCore (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset) Extension that provide some The Dark Eye (TDE) functionality.

The Dark Eye is a pretty complex RPG system when you get under the covers. But there are some interesting mechanics that give it a unique flavour, but they can be a pain to implement in game. My attempt with this extension is to make some of those mechanics much easier to use with Fantasy Grounds. It is the first release into the wild for testing - I'm sure there will be loads of issues with it - so please bear with me as I try to sort them out and make this a great way to play The Dark Eye on Fantasy Grounds.

Requirements
-----------------
- Fantasy Grounds v3.3.13 or higher.
- The excellent MoreCore ruleset v1.61a or higher. Download here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset
- The attached extension - download and place in your <FG app data>\extensions directory.
- The attached basic data module - download and place in your <FG app data>\modules directory.
- The attached PC template - download and save it somewhere you can remember - you'll need it later!
- The Dark Eye core rulebook. I will try to not provide any data in modules or other files that infringes on any material protected by Copyright!

Version History:
-------------------
v0.5 - February October 16th, 2022. Compatibility update for ModifierStack.freeadjustment change.
v0.4 - February 20th, 2021. Compatibility update for recent core Fantasy Grounds changes - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66105-FG-Ruleset-Updates-2020-02
v0.3a - January 5th, 2021. Fix for "monsteratk" horizontal anchor error introduced with recent version of MoreCore.
v0.3 - April 18th, 2020 - Fix to correct -5 penalty applied across all modifiers. -5 max penalty now only applies to conditions applied via effects (not the modifier stack).
v0.2 - May 17th, 2018 - Fixed incorrect percentage modifier calculation order. Added "Verbose Roll Results" campaign option. (Previous downloads 197).
v0.1 - May 6th, 2018 - Initial beta release for general testing.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2018, 00:54
Create a new campaign using the MoreCore ruleset.
Enable the "More Core - The Dark Eye" extension
When the campaign loads, enable the "TDE - Skeleton Module 1" module from the library - this will give you a template NPC, a list of supported effects and some modifiers to get you going.
Import the PC XML - this will give you a template PC.

Use the Templates - you'll be lost without them! Change the various fields to the correct values - a XX needs changing to the relevant numerical value of the (N)PC.

Video to come! I'm having issues with my video recording software right now...

Basic user manual (including info on effects) in development! See the attached PDF file. This is just the beginning of the documentation - covering getting started, an attribute roll and the basics of modifiers and effects.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2018, 00:54
Functionality
--------------

- 5 new MoreCore rolls (DSA = Das Schwarze Auge - The Dark Eye in German):
-- dsaskill - for the complex TDE skill checks.
-- dsaatt - for attribute checks (includes combat checks). Includes half defence with SHIFT pressed (defending a critical attack).
-- dsainit - for initiative rolls. Includes auto populating the init order field.
-- dsadamage - for damage. Include targeting and reduction of damage by target's PRO value. Includes critical damage - press SHIFT before rolling damage.
-- dsamove - to display the current modified MOV value.
- FG Effects to cover TDE conditons, base rolls and visibility.
- Expanded PC and NPC sheet to be more TDE friendly.
- PC and NPC attacks entered in the same format as presented in the rulebooks and supplements.
- Auto calculation and application of the level of pain based off the amount of life-points remaining.

Known issues
———————
- Conditional effects (IF and IFT) raise errors as these have not been developed yet.
- The Dice tower is not supported for these rolls.
- Auto pain doesn't calculate correctly for creatures with starting LP of 5 or less. I'm trying to find details of how this is calculated - example creatures in the bestiary don't give a clear idea.

Future development
----------------------
- critical/botch icons on attribute and attack/defence rolls
- Expand effects to cover conditions
- Add a field for max fate points. Currently track in "Misc" column.
- Auto indicate actor's current adjusted MOV at the beginning of their turn.

- Add in conditional effects.
- How to handle modifiers to attack based off weapon reach vs weapon reach.
- Auto apply penalties if "Cramped" based off weapon reach.
- Add buttons for states to the effects window - like conditions in 5E/3.5E.
- Add auto calculation Encumbrance level campaign option?

- Healing? Regeneration phase?.

- Add TDE logo to character sheet

- Languages and fonts? Nope - due to language name copyright.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2018, 01:06
Placeholder #4

bigjip
May 16th, 2018, 23:46
Hi Trenloe

My group is setting up our characters FG for our upcoming TDE campaign and we ran a couple of tests, not an actual play yet, but a couple of questions are in nonetheless

- we are a bit concerned about attributes values and skill values being displayed in the roll summary in the chat, for each roll (this "reveals" too much of the players stats and skills and we feel it would be best not to see these to avoid metagaming)
- it seems there no possibilites to use the "dice tower", even if shown when enabled (maybe we did not dig enough on this aspect, we're new to moreCore)

Suggestion: do you think it would be possible to have an option to either
- hide the verbose info about a roll an just display its success/failure, therefore not revealing PC stats to the group ?
- or have only the pc who rolls and the gm be able to see the results of a roll ? (kind of a shared dice tower between active PC and GM)

The latter being the most desired after a discussion among the guys

Not sure i'm making myself clear enough :)

Trenloe
May 17th, 2018, 15:26
- we are a bit concerned about attributes values and skill values being displayed in the roll summary in the chat, for each roll (this "reveals" too much of the players stats and skills and we feel it would be best not to see these to avoid metagaming)
- it seems there no possibilites to use the "dice tower", even if shown when enabled (maybe we did not dig enough on this aspect, we're new to moreCore)

Suggestion: do you think it would be possible to have an option to either
- hide the verbose info about a roll an just display its success/failure, therefore not revealing PC stats to the group ?
- or have only the pc who rolls and the gm be able to see the results of a roll ? (kind of a shared dice tower between active PC and GM)
The dice tower is not supported at this time.

I'll have a think about the visibility of additional info. I'll go the simplest approach, so it will probably be a campaign option that will effect everyone.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2018, 17:00
v0.2 released - download from post #1.

- Fixed modifier calculation order for percentage/half adjustments. All modifiers are applied before any half/percentage adjustment.
- Added campaign option "Verbose Roll Results". This hides the target number display for skill rolls. It also does this for the target/result section for attribute/combat rolls - but it does not hide the initial value in the roll description - so people can still mega-game for those values. I need to wrap my head around all of the different dice display options to think of what I can do - and what I want to do.

bigjip
May 17th, 2018, 17:58
Ouah, that was quick
We're gonna test this and give feedback asap
Thanks for the quick update

Dayson
May 25th, 2018, 14:10
I apologize about the span between games. If you are still interested we can continue our game.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2018, 18:43
I apologize about the span between games. If you are still interested we can continue our game.
I'd be interested. :)

Dyvim
August 7th, 2018, 20:54
Hello Trenloe,

We were trying to use your extension but we didn't manage to use spells correctly.
It uses the morecore spell points and levels but there is no such things in TDA/DSA.
We tried to create spells and to use the dicestring of the skills but the dice are not launched.

Are you working on it?

Did you create a spell library already?

Thanks for the all the work you already did in all case.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2018, 21:05
Hello Trenloe,

We were trying to use your extension but we didn't manage to use spells correctly.
It uses the morecore spell points and levels but there is no such things in TDA/DSA.
We tried to create spells and to use the dicestring of the skills but the dice are not launched.

Are you working on it?

Did you create a spell library already?

Thanks for the all the work you already did in all case.
Welcome to the forums!

Don't use the MoreCore spell points, it doesn't really apply to TDE.

Spells are essentially skills. Look at the skills in the example PC in post #1 (download and import into your campaign) - then rework the data for the Spell rolls as needed.

Dyvim
August 7th, 2018, 21:21
Yes!

I add a spell in the "frequently used" part of the character sheet (as if it was a skill) and it worked.

Thanks a lot.

Dyvim
August 7th, 2018, 21:57
I have an other question...

What is the difference between "/dsaskill []", "/dsaskill [e]" and "/dsaskill [E]" in the dice string?

Rgds

karanek
September 12th, 2018, 15:57
thank you !!

Tharabbor
September 15th, 2018, 01:37
Hi Trenloe !

My players seem to face a problem with the Combat Tracker. Each time i move something out there, the consol opens on their screen and they have to close i

damned
September 15th, 2018, 02:12
Hi Tharabbor

What version of CoreRPG and MoreCore are you running?
You should be on 3.3.6 and 1.46 (at least 1.45).

Tharabbor
October 17th, 2018, 16:29
Hello TrenloE ! We still having a good times with your ruleset ! Last week we try to use the option of getting only the GM and the player that act to see the result of a skill test, and the option PC, doesn't seem to work under the option menu ?

Trenloe
October 17th, 2018, 16:46
Hello TrenloE ! We still having a good times with your ruleset ! Last week we try to use the option of getting only the GM and the player that act to see the result of a skill test, and the option PC, doesn't seem to work under the option menu ?
Glad you're enjoying some TDE gaming with the extension.

There's not any different messaging sent to GM/PC doing a check vs. everyone. The first release of the result reporting was complex enough! The only result option that is currently being used is the "Verbose Roll Results" option. I had planned to implement the "Chat: Show results to client" option, but never did as I didn't end up playing in a TDE game and other FG development tasks came along. Sorry.

Tharabbor
October 17th, 2018, 17:07
Thanks for your quick answer !

Trenloe
December 29th, 2019, 14:18
I have been PM'd these questions recently - I'm posting them here as they're helpful to people using this extension and effects module.

I've been trying to use your extension to help me GM some of the stuff, but I've encountered an error which I believe comes from the "Skeleton Module". I downloaded the .ext, .mod, the template and the guide from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43697-The-Dark-Eye-(TDE)-MoreCore-Extension), but some of the data from the extension (all the effects and modifiers) appear as a "-" and give me an error that says "Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (effect : effects.id-00002@TDE - Skeleton Module 1)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (effect : effects.id-00002@TDE - Skeleton Module 1)".
Also, I've noticed that all rolls I try automatically have the [PAIN-4] modifier applied and I get a result of "Actor is INCAPACITATED due to level IV pain!. Mental skill check may be possible.", which I deduce comes from the automatic pain 4 mod.
Have you ever encountered this error? Any help would be appreciated.
1) Don't use the effects from the library window. Use them from the Effects campaign window - click the "FX" button in the top right of the desktop to access this window.
2) PAIN is auto calculated. The template PC has no Life Points (which is invalid) and so pain can't be calculated correctly. Also, see the known issues in post #3. Give the PC at least 6 LP and PAIN should calculate properly.

Samzagas
December 29th, 2019, 22:26
Thanks for the help, this extension is sure to help me a lot.
Sorry about the PM, I wasn't sure you'd see an old thread that hadn't seen posts in over a year.

Trenloe
December 30th, 2019, 01:55
Sorry about the PM, I wasn't sure you'd see an old thread that hadn't seen posts in over a year.
Haha, no worries. I pretty much read all new posts that come onto the forums - and I subscribe to extension threads like these, so I know when there's been a reply.

mir
April 5th, 2020, 01:59
Hi Does this already work on FG unity?
My menu selection on the right side looks jumbled around
Would be nice for the lock in period!

Trenloe
April 7th, 2020, 15:50
Hi Does this already work on FG unity?
My menu selection on the right side looks jumbled around
Are you using any other extensions?

What is jumbled around? Could you provide a screenshot showing the issue?

Xellehcar
April 8th, 2020, 14:41
Are you using any other extensions?

What is jumbled around? Could you provide a screenshot showing the issue?

33275 and 33276
I don't know for sure what mir is mentioning, but this is the thing that is at issue for me (see screen grabs). Note: this issue exists in both FGC and FGU though and I think it is more to do with the theme than the extension itself... unfortunately turning the theme off means that the Abilities Tab of the character sheet doesn't "work" right - so I have been keeping it on and just dealing with the buttons looking terrible.

Hope that helps.

Trenloe
April 8th, 2020, 14:43
OK. So, yes, you are using another extension - the theme, and maybe other extensions. Try loading with just the TDE extension.

damned
April 8th, 2020, 23:06
I thnk its probably largely because of changes to MoreCore

When I get some other things off my list Ill have a look at this.

Xellehcar these shouldnt affect playabaility - they are probably just cosmetic.

Xellehcar
April 9th, 2020, 01:06
Xellehcar these shouldnt affect playabaility - they are probably just cosmetic.

that is correct damned it is cosmetic... it is hard to tell what some of the buttons say but once you figure it out they do work

Xellehcar
April 9th, 2020, 01:11
OK. So, yes, you are using another extension - the theme, and maybe other extensions. Try loading with just the TDE extension.

All I have on is the TDE extension with its "skeleton" module... with the TDE theme on those buttons look bad but function, with the theme off the buttons look ok but the whole abilities tab of the players character sheets don't work right.
So like I said I keep the theme on and deal with the ugly buttons 'cause then at least it functions.

Raddu
April 17th, 2020, 18:50
Yesterday I did a stream covering this ruleset:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkMxiUxpo0w

And I'll be doing another one with more details today at 11am pacific, in about 10 minutes: https://www.twitch.tv/ulissesinternational

Trenloe
April 17th, 2020, 19:17
Very cool Raddu! Thanks for doing that and sharing.

Now I want to play some... :)

Raddu
April 17th, 2020, 19:53
Thanks for making it, it's so helpful!

I did notice something in the stream, I made a -6 for 2nd defense, and applied that as a modifier and the character had -1 for pain, but it ended up giving them a -5 instead of a -7. Not sure what was happening. I did other modifiers with other attacks and it seemed to work fine.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissArtsyBadgerGingerPower

Trenloe
April 17th, 2020, 19:59
I did notice something in the stream, I made a -6 for 2nd defense, and applied that as a modifier and the character had -1 for pain, but it ended up giving them a -5 instead of a -7. Not sure what was happening.
Hhmm, weird. What timestamp in the stream?

Raddu
April 17th, 2020, 20:03
This clip has it. https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissArtsyBadgerGingerPower

Trenloe
April 17th, 2020, 22:26
I did notice something in the stream, I made a -6 for 2nd defense, and applied that as a modifier and the character had -1 for pain, but it ended up giving them a -5 instead of a -7. Not sure what was happening. I did other modifiers with other attacks and it seemed to work fine.
The code limits the maximum penalty to -5. Checking the Core Rules, I believe this may be incorrect - as the -5 limit is from conditions only, not other modifiers. Is that correct? If so, it will be a fairly quick change to check for the modifier box after conditions have been calculated - but this will mean that you'll have to use effects only for conditions, and not apply them via the modifier box.

Is my thinking correct?

Raddu
April 17th, 2020, 23:49
EDIT: Need further clarifying.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2020, 09:16
EDIT: Need further clarifying.
Oh, oh... I didn't see the edited post. I've already uploaded a "fix" to post #1 - extensions v0.3.

It's OK. I'll leave it there and adjust if needed. Thanks for looking into this! :)

Roach
April 18th, 2020, 09:52
@Raddu @trenloe:

Having watched Raddu's overview of the current state of the TDE ruleset, I decided to give it a spin myself. Unfortunately, though, the sidebar looks a wee bit different [and less usable] compared to the one in the video. As you can see in the attached screenshot, the banner labels are either off the banner and rendered in black on black or completely left off. The tooltips do work, though, which makes it at least a bit usable.

I am positively impressed with the things that already work in the ruleset – and I am in Xhen's test round tomorrow afternoon/evening, looking forward to checking out the set a bit more.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2020, 10:08
@Raddu @trenloe:

Having watched Raddu's overview of the current state of the TDE ruleset, I decided to give it a spin myself. Unfortunately, though, the sidebar looks a wee bit different [and less usable] compared to the one in the video. As you can see in the attached screenshot, the banner labels are either off the banner and rendered in black on black or completely left off. The tooltips do work, though, which makes it at least a bit usable.

I am positively impressed with the things that already work in the ruleset – and I am in Xhen's test round tomorrow afternoon/evening, looking forward to checking out the set a bit more.
Those graphics are provided by the additional theme. Make sure you're running the latest version and no other themes or extensions that adjust the graphics. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43931-The-Dark-Eye-Theme

Roach
April 20th, 2020, 14:33
I doublechecked yesterday right before the test adventure run on Fantasy Grounds College, re-d/led the extensions "MoreCore - The Dark Eye" and the theme extension, the "TDE Skeleton Module" and the character XML file. Created a new campaign, loading only the TDE extensions, and got the same missing banner texts. Xhel who DMed the session yestereve had no such issues - her table looked OK on my screen as well. Only other thing I noticed: The buttons top right were a bit different, I got a button for mood lighting, that button was missing on her table, and probably for that reasons the order of the lower two rows of buttons was different.
Would be great to know whether I have to activate another extension to read the banners as well ;)

Trenloe
April 20th, 2020, 14:39
I doublechecked yesterday right before the test adventure run on Fantasy Grounds College, re-d/led the extensions "MoreCore - The Dark Eye" and the theme extension, the "TDE Skeleton Module" and the character XML file. Created a new campaign, loading only the TDE extensions, and got the same missing banner texts. Xhel who DMed the session yestereve had no such issues - her table looked OK on my screen as well. Only other thing I noticed: The buttons top right were a bit different, I got a button for mood lighting, that button was missing on her table, and probably for that reasons the order of the lower two rows of buttons was different.
Would be great to know whether I have to activate another extension to read the banners as well ;)
What version of MoreCore are you running? After loading up your campaign, scroll to the top of the chat window and get the version number (immediately below the MoreCore banner right at the top).

Roach
April 20th, 2020, 14:46
What version of MoreCore are you running? After loading up your campaign, scroll to the top of the chat window and get the version number (immediately below the MoreCore banner right at the top).

The chart window says "MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.51 20190428)." I'll try d/ling the newest version.

EDit: Yes, that was it! :o Thank you very much

Raddu
April 20th, 2020, 16:25
OK, what you have is correct. There was some concern that pain didn't apply to at/do/pa, but that's not the case so conditions top out at -5 but an overall modifier can go higher with other penalties.

Thanks for the quick update!

Trenloe
April 20th, 2020, 16:46
OK, what you have is correct. There was some concern that pain didn't apply to at/do/pa, but that's not the case so conditions top out at -5 but an overall modifier can go higher with other penalties.
Cool - thanks for looking into that.

Thanks for the quick update!
No worries at all! :)

Raddu
April 27th, 2020, 00:25
We ran into a bit of a problem. One of the uses of the Treat Wounds skill is to reduce the amount of pain a character feels for a while, until the next regeneration phase. We couldn't figure out how to do that with an effect, but perhaps there is.

What we ended up adding a modifier for each roll, which is not great. We need an ongoing effect preferably.

Do you have a suggestion on what to do?

Trenloe
April 27th, 2020, 00:34
We ran into a bit of a problem. One of the uses of the Treat Wounds skill is to reduce the amount of pain a character feels for a while, until the next regeneration phase. We couldn't figure out how to do that with an effect, but perhaps there is.

What we ended up adding a modifier for each roll, which is not great. We need an ongoing effect preferably.

Do you have a suggestion on what to do?
If you load the module from post #1 it will populate the effects window (button on the top right of the desktop) with example effects. It shows the various PAIN levels.

To offset the auto pain you can offset it using a positive PAIN effect, say one level using PAIN: 1 to reduce the auto pain one level. The ruleset will only apply a total negative penalty - if you have no auto pain then PAIN: 1 won't result in a positive total adjustment.

The PAIN effect has a numerical value that, if negative, get applied to combat and skill checks. So, as in the data module in post #1, PAIN: -2 is two levels of pain. However, you can include PAIN effects with a positive value they will offset other pain effects and any auto pain calculations.

Schmauch
April 29th, 2020, 12:23
First of all thanks for your work on this ruleset. Is there any "easy" way to translate this into...german ;)? I would be up to it.

Trenloe
April 29th, 2020, 12:26
First of all thanks for your work on this ruleset. Is there any "easy" way to translate this into...german ;)? I would be up to it.
Isn't there a DSA FG ruleset in German out there already?

Schmauch
May 1st, 2020, 13:45
There is/was a ruleset over at Drachenzwinge but it seems to be abandoned for now. As your work is pretty recent and your reputation flawless I have high hopes ;)

Trenloe
May 1st, 2020, 14:04
As your work is pretty recent and your reputation flawless I have high hopes ;)
Oooh, you flatterer! ;)

In both MoreCore and the extensions there's a "strings" directory that contains XML files which allow for translation. I didn't do much for the TDE extension (I was more lazy back then) so there may be some hard coded strings within the ruleset that would need to be extracted and converted - especially around check results.

Some things that are hard coded and would be harder to change are the effects.

Schmauch
May 1st, 2020, 17:04
Oooh, you flatterer! ;)

In both MoreCore and the extensions there's a "strings" directory that contains XML files which allow for translation. I didn't do much for the TDE extension (I was more lazy back then) so there may be some hard coded strings within the ruleset that would need to be extracted and converted - especially around check results.

Some things that are hard coded and would be harder to change are the effects.

That string xml is pretty meager, but o.k. I wonŽt go into the code because future updates would be difficult. So IŽll just stick to the english version.

Thanks for your hard work.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2020, 17:21
I'll try to do some extraction of phrases into the strings resource. Don't know when I'll be able to get to it though.

Schmauch
May 1st, 2020, 20:07
Cool, IŽll watch this thread.

Trenloe
May 13th, 2020, 22:19
Cool, IŽll watch this thread.
Hi! Sorry it's taken so long.

Attached is an extension with some string resources added for the attack/parry roll. You'll see 18 more string resources. These are all used in scripts\manager_custom_dsaatt.lua - with the Interface.getString("<string resource name>") command used to insert the relevant string. You can see all of these examples in this script.

I'm sorry I don't have time to do the other action scripts, but this should be a good example of how you can do this - and can probably re-use a lot of the generic result strings.

Janik B
May 30th, 2020, 13:54
Hi! Sorry it's taken so long.

Attached is an extension with some string resources added for the attack/parry roll. You'll see 18 more string resources. These are all used in scripts\manager_custom_dsaatt.lua - with the Interface.getString("<string resource name>") command used to insert the relevant string. You can see all of these examples in this script.

I'm sorry I don't have time to do the other action scripts, but this should be a good example of how you can do this - and can probably re-use a lot of the generic result strings.

Hi Trenloe,

I am new to Fantasy Grounds, but a big The Dark Eye/Das Schwarze Auge fan. Should we replace the old morecore extention with this new one you are providing?

If so, would we loose stuff we entered in our campaign?

Thanks a lot!

Trenloe
June 7th, 2020, 10:32
Hi Trenloe,

I am new to Fantasy Grounds, but a big The Dark Eye/Das Schwarze Auge fan. Should we replace the old morecore extention with this new one you are providing?

If so, would we loose stuff we entered in our campaign?

Thanks a lot!
Sorry for not replying earlier. The extension I updated is just to provide some things that help a little with translation of roll messages in the chat window. It was an example for attack/parry rolls and not complete across the board. You can use it if you want, but it won’t give you anything new over the "normal" extension. Swapping extensions doesn’t cause any data to be lost.

Onzlow
July 14th, 2020, 14:12
Thank you for your great work.

I was not aware that v0.4 would run with Fantasy Grounds Unity.
But with Morecore Ruleset Version 1.59.20200630 it works.

Trenloe
July 14th, 2020, 14:17
Thank you for your great work.

I was not aware that v0.4 would run with Fantasy Grounds Unity.
But with Morecore Ruleset Version 1.59.20200630 it works.
Thanks for testing.

Welcome to the FG forums!

mir
July 25th, 2020, 09:23
Hi Trenloe. Do you have a list of all /dsa.... strings?
Do we have PRO (Protection) this will be subtracted from the damage (armour)
Cheers, Dan

mir
July 25th, 2020, 11:05
I think I found it. Probably need new glasses!
Sorry.

Onzlow
July 26th, 2020, 22:52
Thank you mir for your assistance yesterday during the Ulisses Online Convention.
I missed the MoreCore_Dark_Eye_Theme.ext witch is more pleasant than the original More Core theme.

kowinator
September 22nd, 2020, 15:29
I feel completely stupid with this but How can I acutally change attributes? I selected the template NPC and cannot change the attributes like charisma etc.

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2020, 15:37
I feel completely stupid with this but How can I acutally change attributes? I selected the template NPC and cannot change the attributes like charisma etc.
Welcome to the FG forums!

See the document linked in post #2. On page 5, item #4 in the bullet list gives info on how to change the attribute. Click the "star" button to the right of the attribute to open the window that allows editing.

kowinator
September 22nd, 2020, 18:18
thank you and sorry for asking such a dumb question...

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2020, 18:28
thank you and sorry for asking such a dumb question...
Haha - that's OK!

kronovan
November 19th, 2020, 04:35
I've been testing this in FGC and the Attribute rolls don't recognize modifiers. The Skill rolls do recognize modifiers and work fine. Did something change in the MoreCore ruleset that may have affected this extension? I have the "MoreCore - The Dark Eye" extension, the "TDE - Skeleton Module 1" module and the "MoreCore_Dark_Eye_Theme" extension all enabled. I'm testing this from a character sheet that was created with the TDE - PC Template 1 XML file.

Note: I haven't checked this with FGU yet, but will if it will help confirm anything.

[Edit] I'm running FGC v.3.3.12 Ultimate

Nevermind, somehow the MoreCore - The Dark Eye extension for the campaign got unchecked <sigh> :p. All working fine now.

kronovan
November 21st, 2020, 18:25
This isn't a question completely specific to this extension, but more the MoreCore ruleset - How do my players and I do manual skill rolls?

I ask because for my players this is their first time playing TDE, but we plan on eventually taking our campaign to in-person tabletop once the pandemic restrictions have eased. When you do skill rolls with this extension, it assigns 1 or the 3 attributes to a d20 and the allocation of SPs to spend down a roll result is done automatically. For some portions of sessions, I want my players to learn how to roll the 3 dice on their own. I'm aware they could roll 1 dice at a time, but it would be much smoother if they could assign an attribute name to each of the 3 dice and roll them at the same time.
Is that possible though?

[Edit] I know I can assign die rolls to a button of this format /die 1d20 Courage by drag-&-dropping and then relabel that button as "Courage". It would be much better if somehow I could have a button that rolls /die 1d20 Courage and /die 1d20 Agility and /die 1d20 Strength, each as a separate roll. Then I could label the button as "Physical." That would be just fine for my group, because if they do manual rolls I'm just going to have them make Skills Group rolls at 1st, to keep things simple.

kontraproduktiv
January 2nd, 2021, 10:15
Hello all,

then i am trying to make init Rolls i get the Following error in Combat Tracker:
[1/2/2021 11:09:46 AM] s'sMCRerollPC: ' | s'Reroll'
[1/2/2021 11:09:46 AM] s'sMCInitDice: ' | s'10'
[1/2/2021 11:09:46 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (monsteratk) in windowclass (ct_entry)
[1/2/2021 11:09:46 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (monsteratk) in windowclass (ct_entry)

Regardless of this Error PC init values are correclty added to the Combat Tracker, NPC init values after rolling are not added.

Also is there a way to make fixes on my own, because looking at the .mod and .ext file, they seem to be compiled in some form.

Edit:
Fogrot to mention i am using Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.0.6 Ultimate

Best Regards,
kontraproduktiv

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2021, 10:18
then i am trying to make init Rolls i get the Following error in Combat Tracker:

Regardless of this Error PC init values are correclty added to the Combat Tracker, NPC init values after rolling are not added.
Welcome to the FG forums.

FG Classic or FG Unity?
Are you running any other extensions/themes?

Also is there a way to make fixes on my own, because looking at the .mod and .ext file, they seem to be compiled in some form.
Modules and extensions are .zip file. Change the file extension to .zip to be able to view the contents.

kontraproduktiv
January 2nd, 2021, 10:21
Thanks for the quick answer i added my version to my reply a few seconds before you answered:

i am using Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.0.6 Ultimate

And thanks for the welcome.

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2021, 10:23
i am using Fantasy Grounds Unity v4.0.6 Ultimate
Are you running any extensions or themes other than The Dark Eye extension?

kontraproduktiv
January 2nd, 2021, 10:28
Data Module loaded are TDE - Skeleton Module 1, FG Battle Maps and Calendars.
At Campaign Creation i selected More-Core as System.
As Extension i only selected More Core - The Dark Eye and no other Extension/Theme

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2021, 10:31
Data Module loaded are TDE - Skeleton Module 1, FG Battle Maps and Calendars.
At Campaign Creation i selected More-Core as System.
As Extension i only selected More Core - The Dark Eye and no other Extension/Theme
Thanks for the information and thanks for reporting. I'll look into the issue.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2021, 14:38
Thanks again for reporting this. It was actually a pretty prevalent error introduced in a recent version of MoreCore.

Version 0.3a of the TDE extension in post #1 will fix this issue for both FGC and FGU.

herogrimm
February 19th, 2021, 14:00
Hi,

Thank you for the great support and the great extension!!
Unfortunately, we are facing a problem with the auto calculation of pain modifiers since the last FGU update. Chars allways get a pain modifier of 4 and the message " Actor is incapacitated due to level IV pain", even if the chars have full health. We never had that problem before. Any idea, ho to fix this?
I have installed the newest version of morecore and tde-extension (downloaded today, but unfortunately this did not solve the issue).

Thank you and kind regards,
herogrimm

Trenloe
February 19th, 2021, 14:45
Unfortunately, we are facing a problem with the auto calculation of pain modifiers since the last FGU update. Chars allways get a pain modifier of 4 and the message " Actor is incapacitated due to level IV pain", even if the chars have full health. We never had that problem before. Any idea, ho to fix this?
I'll look into it. If I can't recreate the issue I may come back and ask for further information. Give me a couple of days...

herogrimm
February 20th, 2021, 09:08
I'll look into it. If I can't recreate the issue I may come back and ask for further information. Give me a couple of days...

Thank you very much! Sure -no need to hurry. Your extensions is really great and I am aware that you are doing all this as a hobby. Happy to give any information you will need.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2021, 14:49
Updated v0.4 extension is available in post #1. I also found some issues with damage application (i.e. damage targeting wasn't working) and fixed this.

I noticed there's an overlap of the target string in the combat tracker - I'll address this at a later date.

With the recent FG core ruleset updates all TDE GMs must install this new version of the extension and the updated MoreCore ruleset.

Janik B
February 21st, 2021, 14:10
Thanks for providing The Dark Eye compatibility update, Trenloe.

I have installed both the Morecore.pak and the Morecore - The Dark Eye.ext yesterday night for my game. However, the attacks from the attacks box would not function. They would not highlight and could not be dragged in the chat box. Must I also download the TDE Skeleton Module and the TDE-PC Template? Havec they been updated as well?

Thanks again!

Trenloe
February 21st, 2021, 16:49
I have installed both the Morecore.pak and the Morecore - The Dark Eye.ext yesterday night for my game. However, the attacks from the attacks box would not function. They would not highlight and could not be dragged in the chat box. Must I also download the TDE Skeleton Module and the TDE-PC Template? Havec they been updated as well?
The templates haven't changed.

After loading your campaign, check that the chat window shows that you have Version 1.61a of MoreCore, v2021-02-01 of CoreRPG and v0.4 of TDE extension. And try without any other extensions loaded.

MJLorne
March 2nd, 2021, 08:23
Hey,

first of all thanks for the amazing work.

About the bug with the PAIN Modifier. It still occurs if the PC only has 5 HP or lower (don't ask me why a PC only should have 5 HP)

And I have a question. Since some of my players are not familiar with the English language can I rewrite some of your code so it can handle the german terms for skills and attributes?

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2021, 08:28
About the bug with the PAIN Modifier. It still occurs if the PC only has 5 HP or lower (don't ask me why a PC only should have 5 HP)
That's a known issues listed in post #3. The reason it hasn't been fixed is that I couldn't find clear rules on the exact pain thresholds for LP 5 or less.

And I have a question. Since some of my players are not familiar with the English language can I rewrite some of your code so it can handle the german terms for skills and attributes?
Sure, you can do that. There's some information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43697-The-Dark-Eye-(TDE)-MoreCore-Extension&p=508803&viewfull=1#post508803 Note - the extension in that thread is not the most recent, but it should give you some ideas.

MJLorne
March 2nd, 2021, 08:51
Didn't check the old Post again. Sorry my bad on this one.

Okay thanks for the Info. Mainly its for the Names on the character sheets. So it should not really be a problem.

Dyvim
March 3rd, 2021, 22:44

Beware, the code that is used for the skill checks uses the beginnning of the name of the qualities in english.
We tried to translate the sheet in french and when the qualities where renamed it didn't work anymore.

MJLorne
March 4th, 2021, 06:00
Yeah, I know :-) But I already got it to work.

Of course, you need to change the attributes in the script. I changed them from the 3 letters in english to the 2 letters we use in german. Its not perfect but it works as intended.

Since I am not familiar with programming I can only read the scripts and modify them to a certain point.

kronovan
October 15th, 2022, 22:20
Is this TDE extension still being supported? I ask, because after importing "TDE - PC Template 1.xml" to create a new character, whenever I make an attribute or skill roll I'm getting these errors:

[10/15/2022 2:08:01 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaatt.lua"]:89: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)

[10/15/2022 2:04:36 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaskill.lua"]:228: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)

It seems like some field/variable named freeadjustment that the script requires to be passed, isn't being assigned a value.
This is the IF statement that the dsaskill.lua error is occurring within; error occurs within the Else branch which I've highlighted.

if #aModSlots > modSlotOffset then
-- Get the total modifier from the slots after the first 3
local nModSlotCount = 0;
for nModSlotCount = modSlotOffset + 1, #aModSlots, 1
do
Debug.console("Modslot modifier " .. nModSlotCount .. " = " .. aModSlots[nModSlotCount].number);
rRoll.totalMod = rRoll.totalMod + aModSlots[nModSlotCount].number;
end
Debug.console("Total mod from slots to skill check = " .. rRoll.totalMod);

local bDescNotEmpty = (rRoll.sDesc ~= "");
local sStackDesc, nStackMod = ModifierStack.getStack(bDescNotEmpty);

Debug.console("sStackDesc before attribute removal = " .. sStackDesc);
-- Remove attribute names from modifier text
sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot1attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot1target .. ", ", "", 1);
sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot2attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot2target .. ", ", "", 1);
sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot3attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot3target .. ", ", "", 1);
sStackDesc = string.gsub(sStackDesc, rRoll.slot3attr .. " %+" .. rRoll.slot3target, "", 1);

Debug.console("sStackDesc after attribute removal = " .. sStackDesc);

-- Add modifier stack text to overall roll description
if sStackDesc ~= "" then
if bDescNotEmpty then
rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. "\r\n[" .. sStackDesc .. "]";
else
rRoll.sDesc = sStackDesc;
end
end
else
if ModifierStack.freeadjustment ~= 0 then
rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. "\r\n[Mod: " .. ModifierStack.freeadjustment .. "]";
end
end

Otherwise, it looks like a fine effort - particularly like the character sheet.

Trenloe
October 16th, 2022, 03:21
Is this TDE extension still being supported?
Sadly, I'm not playing TDE anymore, but I'll provide break-fix support for this. I'm fairly busy this weekend, but will look at it within the next couple of days.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

kronovan
October 16th, 2022, 22:43
Sadly, I'm not playing TDE anymore, but I'll provide break-fix support for this. I'm fairly busy this weekend, but will look at it within the next couple of days.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Awesome, thanks for looking into it.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2022, 01:39
Is this TDE extension still being supported? I ask, because after importing "TDE - PC Template 1.xml" to create a new character, whenever I make an attribute or skill roll I'm getting these errors:

[10/15/2022 2:08:01 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaatt.lua"]:89: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)

[10/15/2022 2:04:36 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_dsaskill.lua"]:228: attempt to concatenate field 'freeadjustment' (a nil value)
Version 0.5 is attached to post #1. This should fix these errors. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

kronovan
October 17th, 2022, 03:27
Version 0.5 is attached to post #1. This should fix these errors. Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Many thanks for getting to this so quickly. I redownloaded the extension in post #1, but when I load my campaign it's still showing as having loaded "The Dark Eye (TDE) Community extension v0.4" and I'm still getting the freeadjustment error.

[Edit] Never mind. I'd forgotten I'd done a full extraction of the EXT file into an \Extensions subfolder, which of course contained v0.4 scripts - doh! It's all working now and I have to say the chat window display of skill rolls is very impressive! Nicely done.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2022, 14:45
It's all working now and I have to say the chat window display of skill rolls is very impressive! Nicely done.
Great! And thank you. :)