PDA

View Full Version : Effect Coding Help

Talen
May 6th, 2018, 06:15
Im trying to code an effect for a Captains Taunt and having an issue with the variable duration (always coming across as 1 round, but should be 1d4 rounds. I'm using "Captain Taunt; [SKILL: -2;] for [1d4 rnds]" ...where is my mistake?

Zacchaeus
May 6th, 2018, 08:40
I don’t think you can set a variable duration. The d4 bit of your 1d4 will get ignored hence why it comes up 1.

Blahness98
May 6th, 2018, 14:52
You can set a variable duration, but it must be done in the magnifying glass section of the effect. See the below example. I tested it a few time, and it appears to work (rolled 4 the first time, 2 the second, 1 the third).

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. And the star ship effects are still in the pipeline, I just haven't had time to complete them. Should be out soontm.

Talen
May 6th, 2018, 15:28
I knew I could do it in the character sheet - but was hoping to do a global effect while waiting for the full ruleset support. Thanks for both of your help.

Blahness98
May 6th, 2018, 15:36
Russ hasn't gotten the chance to work the effects as of yet. I believe that it is in his plans to do.

merkvah
May 19th, 2018, 03:19
If I wanted to code an effect for an envoy's Expertise die, how would I code that? I just need to add 1d6 to the next roll

Blahness98
May 19th, 2018, 03:57
It is pretty simple, but the effect would be different depending on the level and the skills chosen for Expertise. Use the base effect: Expertise; SKILL: 1d6, sense motive and just add the skills separated by a comma as you add more skills to expertise. When you gain fifth level, the effect would be: Expertise; SKILL: 1d6+1, sense motive, (additional skills here)

Otherwise see this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42573-Effects-Lists) for more effects.