PDA

View Full Version : Review-Digital Adventures D20:Modern Ruleset

Citrean
April 29th, 2006, 16:14
I had an opportunity to preview the Digital Adventures D20:Modern rule-set last night, and I must say I am impressed! The color scheme and graphics are clean and easy on the eyes. All the character sheets and sub-windows maintain the theme consistency with the same style, font, and colors. The reference side-icons are also theme-appropriate, and gave me a good chuckle (love the hokey mask and token box)

As for the content, the rules are very complete! I was able to find everything I needed to create and run a standard D20:Modern game, only having to dig for my hard copy once or twice.

My one and only gripe (and it is not really a gripe) I would love to have a choice of themes, for example, something that would maintain the feel of "Past" would be perfect for my particular flavor of Modern games. (And yes I realize the rule-sets are easy to customize, but having something ready to go like this is a godsend.)

All in all, a very nice, and very complete package for the Modern system! All who have been waiting for this are in for a real treat.

Great work Ben! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Thore_Ironrock
April 29th, 2006, 16:32
Thanks Citrean!

We talked some about having different "skins" for the rulesets, so we'll definately consider it down the road.

FYI to everyone, we have one or two minor tweaks to do, then we'll have it for download this weekend. Stay tuned for the official announcement.

Cheers!

kalmarjan
April 29th, 2006, 17:01
I know that Ben slaved over a hot computer for that ruleset. :grin:

I am glad that you enjoy it. Hope that your game goes well.

Sandeman

Kalan
May 3rd, 2006, 17:01
Just a quick question as I'm in the process of trying to get a d20 Modern game going - is Future, Arcana, and Menace part of this? Or just the basic SRD?

BnaaUK
May 3rd, 2006, 23:48
If it's on the Wizard MSRD https://wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd

Then it's in the ruleset

Thore_Ironrock
May 4th, 2006, 01:40
Just a quick question as I'm in the process of trying to get a d20 Modern game going - is Future, Arcana, and Menace part of this? Or just the basic SRD?

Hi Kalan,

Not everything, but a good chunk. Like the (fantasy) SRD, WOTC has held back certain *items* that they consider unique intellectual properties. I don't have a specific examples handy, but if you follow the link from the above post you should be able to find (or not find) whatever you are specifically looking for in the ruleset. Legally we can only put in the ruleset what WOTC allows.

Enjoy!

Kalan
May 4th, 2006, 01:58
Hi Kalan,

Not everything, but a good chunk. Like the (fantasy) SRD, WOTC has held back certain *items* that they consider unique intellectual properties. I don't have a specific examples handy, but if you follow the link from the above post you should be able to find (or not find) whatever you are specifically looking for in the ruleset. Legally we can only put in the ruleset what WOTC allows.

Enjoy!

Oh I realized you were restricted by what was published...my main concern was that the "meat" from the official MSRD was up...and now that I been home and looked more at it, all I can say is WOW! :D

Now to just figger all these toys out so I can get to writing the campaign's first story up :)

Kalan
May 6th, 2006, 19:18
Only one thing I noticed wrong with the ruleset...and I'm not sure if it can be fixed or not. There is no way to place pin's on any images used in this particular version.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not...

Otherwise, its a very complete resource for d20 Modern :D

Thore_Ironrock
May 6th, 2006, 20:20
Only one thing I noticed wrong with the ruleset...and I'm not sure if it can be fixed or not. There is no way to place pin's on any images used in this particular version.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not...

Otherwise, its a very complete resource for d20 Modern :D

Hi Kalan,

Hmmm ... I guess we'll have to look into that. Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

Kalan
May 6th, 2006, 20:35
One other thing *blush*...sorry...its these little things I'm noticing as I'm tryin to make my campaign up...

The heading option for paragraphs isn't working either...or at least I can't get the dang thing to work...