PDA

View Full Version : Thieves' Tools ext

grimdarbloodsword
May 4th, 2018, 14:43
Hello fellow FG enthusiasts,
I've been lurking for a bit on the forums and mucking around on my own with some stuff. I'm sure this is one of the first things a lot of people do when they start messing around w/Fantasy Grounds, but I wanted to make an extension to put Thieves' Tools in the 5e character sheet. This was done following instructions left by Trenloe, LordEntrails and other really smart, helpful people around here. Specifically, I started with this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42217-Custom-skills

I only did the extension step for Thieves' Tools (I didn't feel like anyone needed that defined for them). This works for what it is- but I noticed I can't load multiple custom skill extensions at once with it. My second extension was similar to the original thread and required a module and extension. These are functional from the computing side, but I'm still looking over the mechanics from a play angle, so I won't post that just yet.

Anyway, as I said- this is simple, it was a good learning experience, and here it is.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2018, 15:27
Nice one! And Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing. Great to hear we have another budding community developer in the making! :)