PDA

View Full Version : [LFP][5e][CEST/UTC+2] Looking for a strong weapon arm to bonk evil cultists with.

Cr3d1tz
May 4th, 2018, 10:26
I figured creating a new thread, instead of updating the old one, would grant better visibility. Due to our Vengeance Paladin of Bahamut leaving our group, we need a fourth player to reach the ideal number for the game. We are about half-way into "Hoard of the Dragon Queen".

Game specifics:

Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons (Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat)
Date: Sundays, 7:00pm CEST/UTC+2. Duration: 4-5 hours variation.
Progression: Party lvl 4, using milestone progression. You create a lvl 4 character.
All 5e official sourcebooks are supported. DM Guild or otherwise custom content has to be approved beforehand.
The DM has an Ultimate License, meaning anyone can join for free.

Looking for following criteria:

would play a strong melee warrior/tank to round up a group of timid casters and a rogueish monk [other classes are fine too, but less prioritized]
has not played the "Tyranny of Dragons" campaign yet
has a decent mic and is willing to use Discord
big plus if you can take leadership

Current party composition:

Gnome Druid (Circle of Twilight)
Wood Elf Monk (Way of Shadows)
Human Sorceress (Wild Magic)
Vague/Temporary: NPC Human Cleric (Life Domain) to help in critical situations.

Me and the players are new to the game by various degrees and so it's greatly appreciated if the applicants could be patient with us and accept that I, in the capacity of the DM, would make rulechanges in the middle of the game. We are still learning, but after half a year we have a solid grasp on things by now.
Currently, the party is traveling with a caravan and heading north towards Waterdeep, making for a great opportunity to introduce your character as a fellow traveler.

There is no fixed format for applications. It is your task to write a convincing and appealing application, letting me see who I am dealing with and what benefit it would bring my group to add them.

BarBEARian
May 10th, 2018, 22:53
Hello! I'd be interested in joining if you are still looking for members. OOC info first, I have been playing D&D and other table top games for roughly 15 years, starting back in middle school. I am a 30 year old software developer, working standard 9-5 weekday hours with all weekends off. My current favorite games are Shadowrun, Starfinder, and D&D 5e. I tend to favor RP between the player characters, getting to know each other and who they are, what their motivations are, and why they travel. I 100% believe that D&D is a cooperative game for all involved, and that any concerns or questions about rules should be done after game time. Nothing sucks more than stopping mid combat to look up just how EXACTLY grappling works. If I joined, Barbarian, always barbarian.

EDIT: I forgot to note that I am PST timezone, but the game time still works for me. Your 7pm is my 10am sunday

IC info:

"Are you sure thats a wise ide-" Khaz did not let whoever was speaking finish before crushing the door inward upon itself. The door was in the way, and he wanted in, that was simple enough reason to kick it in. The frightened goblins fired a volley of arrows, all meeting their mark. Khaz snarled down at the little sticks protruding out of his chest, smoke rising out of his nostrils as he glowered at them. He rips the remaining part of the door off its hinges, and launches it at the goblins with a shout of fury.

I'd be playing a Red Dragonborn Barbarian, I do not know the specialization yet. He is headstrong and mostly ignorant to how things work in the world. SLIGHT anger issues. Maybe a lot of anger issues. ...ok all the anger issues.

Cr3d1tz
May 10th, 2018, 23:41
Thank you for your interest. Sorry to say, but we have found someone already to fill the spot. I wish you good luck on your game search.