PDA

View Full Version : LFG - previous 4E player looking for a group for 5E Mountain/Central time zone

Valyn Kenlyl
May 3rd, 2018, 05:49
40 something D&D player looking to get back into the hobby. I have not had opportunity to play much since 4E, but looking forward to getting back into a game.

Game: D&D 5E, ongoing campaign, one shots etc.
Time: Weeknight games after 7:45PST, preferably Thursday or Friday nights.
Game frequency - a once a month or bi-weekly game would be great, but I could play weekly as well if the time slot is right.
Character preference - don't really have any, would play most anything, I usually play fighter types however.

I would also be willing to DM on occasion once I have played a few sessions and gotten more comfortable with FG and the 5E ruleset.

Llyle
May 3rd, 2018, 12:17
Would you be willing to DM a 4e campaign as well / or as an alternative? Some of us 4e players are still looking for groups and DM's are rare :)

Valyn Kenlyl
May 3rd, 2018, 19:51
Well I would be quite rusty, I have not played any 4e for several years. Also, I had all of the .mod files that my previous group had parsed for 4e, but not sure those are still on my computer. Let me think about it a bit, check to see what I have on hand for the 4e ruleset in FG and I will get back to you.

Do you have a group already together, do you have game preferences? one shots, premade vs homebrew etc?

Llyle
May 3rd, 2018, 22:28
I don't have a group together, but know several players eager to play. Getting a group to play for one-shots should be fairly easy, getting a group for regular play would depend on the timing, I guess.

As preference, I enjoy playing with voice more than just text based, and prefer long term games over one-shots. But to be clear, I will play either :)
Play style for me would be a good mix of RP, story arc, weaving in of backgrounds of the characters, combat, ethical/philosophical dilemmas and puzzles. What I enjoy most of those depends on my mood that evening and on the group as such, I don't enjoy going against a group, for example I do enjoy a good chunk of humour, but not if the group currently wants to play a thrilling deathtrap. I'm happy to play a premade if I don't know it already, but generally I find homebrew is far more interesting, as the world has much more of the heart and soul of the DM in it.

It would be awesome if we could work something out!

Valyn Kenlyl
May 5th, 2018, 07:06
That all sounds good to me, I have not played 4e in quite awhile so I will be VERY rusty but I don't mind DM-ing. no voice actor but I do my best ;)! I lost all of my 4e mods so it will take me a bit to rebuild the data modules, get reacquainted w/ the ruleset to some degree and prepare something to run. I would probably want to run something on Friday evenings initially probably every other week.

Llyle
May 5th, 2018, 12:55
I'm no voice actor either and Fridays sound excellent!

How many players would you want at the table? Preferences about age, experience etc?

Do you use any house rules/ table rules to be aware of?

Valyn Kenlyl
May 5th, 2018, 16:34
It has been awhile since I played 4e, but if I recall party size is usually best with 5? so 4-6 with 5 being a sweet spot for party balance would be great.

Experience: Not as important to me personally, I will have a fair amount of re-learning to do myself. I would say a patient demeanor and a wiliness to teach/learn the 4e system and FG implementation is more important.

Age: I would say no hard requirements here but I have found generally birds of a feather flock together and the groups that have lasted for me have been made up of players similar in age. so the 30-40 something crowd in my case, and this is by no means a hard and fast rule

Table Rules be nice, be considerate, play well with others, be a gentleman(woman) in general, have fun, let me know if you are not having fun so we can figure out how you can.

Schedule Initially a Bi-Weekly game on Friday nights probably beginning around 8PM PST and running for 3-4 hrs max. I (like most people my age) am quite busy so while I will do my best to keep the game schedule consistent, there WILL be times when things will go awry and we will have to reschedule/cancel. For player absence I would probably ask one of the other players to run the absent players character for the evening.

As we start forming a group the actual start date will be discussed.