PDA

View Full Version : Script error for one Arcane Archer but not another

PTBBC.ORG
May 3rd, 2018, 00:42
I have two Arcane Archers that play in my games. One can add anything to their actions tab from any source. Be it a new arcane shot or spell. But the other one always gets the (Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_counter.lua"]:122: attempt to compare nil with number) error. I have pulled up both sheets on my end and get the same results with both. No error on 1st, and always an error on the 2md.

I thought maybe it was because the 2nd one took the Fighter/Arcane Archer from Xanathar's and the 1st one took his from UA. Since Xanathar's does not have the Arcane shots coded, just descriptions. And none of the Arcane Shots are coded in spells, and Rob2E has not coded them into any of his stuff (which I have all of it for the most part).

Looks like it has something to do the the "Power" setup on his actions tab. He has one on there that we can not delete.

Any suggestions?

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2018, 21:56
Can you post a copy of the character XML for the character getting the error?

I can't see from a look at the code exactly what would cause this error to occur, but I'm sure an example would clarify.

Thanks,
JPG

Trenloe
May 8th, 2018, 22:05
More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43670-Power-option-on-actions-tab-undeletable

Neither Zacchaeus nor I could recreate the issue though.

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2018, 22:20
Thanks, Trenloe/Zacchaeus. I was moving this weekend, so I was a little distracted. ;)

JPG

Mortar
May 9th, 2018, 01:33
Have you compared the two character's XML within the campaign's db.xml? It might be an issue similar to one Zacc dealt with the other night in Discord, where the campaign/db.xml contained an error with character hit points, and it had never been fixed over the span of the campaign.

Edit: I imported the character from the other thread and imported the character and was not able to reproduce it either - which made me think of this.