PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Fading Suns?

dmoneydoc
April 29th, 2006, 02:38
It is the dawn of the sixth millennium and the skies are darkening, for the suns themselves are fading. Humans reached the stars long ago, building a Republic of high technology and universal emancipation — and then squandered it, fought over it, and finally lost it. A new Dark Age has descended on humanity, for the greatest of civilizations has fallen and even the stars die. Now, feudal lords rules the Known Worlds, vying for power with fanatic priests and scheming guilds.

Nobles...priests...aliens...knights...starships... psychics...lost worlds...ancient artifacts...FADING SUNS

Wondering if anyone is interested in playing Fading Suns d20 rpg on FG? I am working on modifying a character sheet and would like to design a campaign. Let me know if you are interested.

dmoneydoc
April 29th, 2006, 14:45
Anyone? Anyone?

DarkStar
April 29th, 2006, 20:56
If you weren't in Florida, I would be very interested, but my timezone is GMT +1 (or even GMT +2, right now, because it's summer time). I'm writing this just to note you that the idea of playing Fading Suns on FG is very good, but I can't make it due to time zone issues... what is Florida's relation to GMT?

Cypher
April 29th, 2006, 23:05
I am definately interested in the Dark Suns setting. Unfortunately my schedule is too full with the game I'm running, and the game I'm currently playing in.

Just wanted you to know that you should be able to get a game launched in the Dark Suns setting.

Good Luck!

dmoneydoc
April 30th, 2006, 01:53
I think Florida is GMT +5 or something. It is Eastern standard time, whatever that is.

Thanks for the input from both of you.

Cypher
April 30th, 2006, 02:46
I think Florida is GMT +5 or something. It is Eastern standard time, whatever that is.

Thanks for the input from both of you.

That's GMT-5 :)

dmoneydoc
April 30th, 2006, 13:18
Woops, GMT -5. Sorry. :confused:

Belizan
May 1st, 2006, 13:09
Are you talking about Fading Suns by Holistic? Or the DnD setting where they don't have any iron?

Zoey
May 1st, 2006, 16:03
here's another one that's interested, but from time zone +2...

Wraith
May 2nd, 2006, 18:48
If you are talking about Fading Sun the Sci-fi fantasy setting by D&D I don't know much about it but I would be interested in finding out. I like sci-fi and think it would be fun. Although like most others I am in CET which is 6 hours ahead of you, and I am invalved in my own campaign and one with a friend.

dmoneydoc
May 2nd, 2006, 19:03
Thanks for the interest. I am speaking of the Fading Suns scifi/fantasy game by Holistic Design. I don't know about the DnD one.

Belizan
May 2nd, 2006, 20:16
I haven't ever looked at the d20 adaptation of Fading Suns, but depending on when the game was taking place, I'd be interested in giving it a shot 8). It is one of my favorite sci-fi settings.

dmoneydoc
May 2nd, 2006, 23:12
I haven't ever looked at the d20 adaptation of Fading Suns, but depending on when the game was taking place, I'd be interested in giving it a shot 8). It is one of my favorite sci-fi settings.

Yeah, it is one of my favorite as well. They have a d20 adaptation of the rules book and a couple of supplements that are d20 now as well. That sounds great. It may take me a while to get everything up and rolling, I wasn't sure if anyone was even interested. If you know anyone else interested please recruit them. I'll keep you updated.

Belizan
May 3rd, 2006, 00:36
You ever play the "somewhat buggy" Empire of the Fading Suns computer game? I always got a smile out of the mapping of RPG knowledge to certain peculiarities of how that game was set up.

dmoneydoc
May 3rd, 2006, 13:46
Yeah, I have played it. Definitely a little strange.