PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Maiden Build as PC ship

imjedi
May 2nd, 2018, 03:47
Is it me, or is the Sunrise Maiden completely breaking the rules for starship creation? I tried building and its over on BPs and PCUs by a significant margin. Also, there is an aft mount that appears unavailable to addon as well.

Talen
May 2nd, 2018, 04:04
Yep - the pregens are janky like that too!

imjedi
May 2nd, 2018, 04:22
NPCs were a little janky, but the maiden is like 2x PCU and 2 points over BP. PCU that high isn't janky, its so far past janky, janky is a dot to it.

Blacklamb
May 2nd, 2018, 05:07
I was able to make the Sunrise Maiden both on paper and in FG without any math issues, other than FG adds drift engine PCU to the PCU total. If you notice in the book a drift engine has a Min PCU the ship generates not a PCU usage, the idea about this is to enter the drift some systems are shutdown, thrusters have to be, but other ones can to give it the short burst of power it needs (1 min). With that in mind the PCU is just under the usage. The one weird thing with that ship is the rec suite is charged like the holo suite it is but also has a gym for free. There is a cost for adding a aft weapon mount and the extra mount is listed under systems in the book. All in all with the free Gym it comes out to exactly 95 build points. I attached a screenshot of it all build out.

Blacklamb
May 2nd, 2018, 05:10
Forgot to say I had to create my own extra light mount item because there were non in the ship parts.

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2018, 13:58
NPCs were a little janky...
I saw this too when first learning Starfinder. However, after doing some research, it appears this is a design decision with Starfinder - unlike Pathfinder, in Starfinder NPCs do not follow the same build rules as PCs. Their stats are CR based - for example, you can have a CR 1 NPC with lots of armour but a low AC which has nothing to do with the armour they're wearing. The equipment is mostly for flavour and, of course, loot!

Nylanfs
May 3rd, 2018, 15:16
Game designers don't have to follow their rules. :)

JustMark
April 23rd, 2020, 19:18
How did you create the extra aft weapon mount? I see the way to add an item, but all the fields aren't exactly clear as to what they should be used for.

rdwulfe
April 23rd, 2020, 19:38
So hey, how do we add Extra turrets? I've been trying and been unable to get very far, considering the extra turret equipment does not seem to exist in Fantasy Grounds, or it's hidden in a way I cannot find it... And it will not allow me to force another weapon on to the ship object by dragging and dropping. Do I have to type it/force it, or is there a 'right' way to do it?

This may have been recent changes that disallowed this, as I had an old messed up version of the Maiden from before the new starship revamp that had the Flak Turret (aft)

Transbot9
April 23rd, 2020, 22:39
Under Weapons tab you can add extra weapon mounts and define/customize them. Then under the BP magnify glass on the Main tab, add a custom line for the BP cost. You can also do this for when your players spend BP to upgrade weapon slots, too. Drag and drop SHOULD work once you have the extra weapon mounts define under the weapon's tab, but if it doesn't it can still be manually entered.

JustMark
April 23rd, 2020, 23:13
Thanks Transbot9, that worked perfectly.

JustMark
April 23rd, 2020, 23:29
I've got almost everything configured for my copy of the Sunrise Maiden. My hull points are 0 though. I don't see anywhere to get a Frame configuration. What am I missing?

superteddy57
April 24th, 2020, 00:30
Frames are currently in the spaceships sidebar button. Change the filter to frames to see a list of them

rdwulfe
April 24th, 2020, 01:37
Under Weapons tab you can add extra weapon mounts and define/customize them. Then under the BP magnify glass on the Main tab, add a custom line for the BP cost. You can also do this for when your players spend BP to upgrade weapon slots, too. Drag and drop SHOULD work once you have the extra weapon mounts define under the weapon's tab, but if it doesn't it can still be manually entered.

Sadly, it did not allow me to drag and drop, but I did figure out how to enter the information manually... was just hoping there was a 'better' way that should work. Could be because I've been playing this for around a year and my campaign has been upgraded along w/ all the updates. Old data may be causing issues.

JustMark
April 24th, 2020, 02:44
Frames are currently in the spaceships sidebar button. Change the filter to frames to see a list of them

Wow, I would've never found that hidden away there! Thanks.

I had hoped that that would've updated my HP to 55, but it hasn't. It is still 0. Any thoughts on how to update the HP?

Transbot9
April 24th, 2020, 03:22
Do you have a Tier set? Because if you don't set tier, HP shows 0.

JustMark
April 24th, 2020, 13:28
Do you have a Tier set? Because if you don't set tier, HP shows 0.

Yes, I do. I have it set as Tier 3. Regardless of what tier I choose, the HP stays at 0.

superteddy57
April 24th, 2020, 16:26
There is a fix incoming for the Tuesday update to fix it. The issue is with the frame record itself.

JustMark
April 24th, 2020, 16:32
There is a fix incoming for the Tuesday update to fix it. The issue is with the frame record itself.

Super, thats great. Didn't need this working yet anyway!