PDA

View Full Version : LFG - Varied interests

Kevlyn
May 1st, 2018, 22:34
I haven't played in a few years, I need to fix that. I'd like to join a group that's flexible for my being there as my work schedule is erratic. I'd really like to play:

Torg
Hero System (just about any genre)
RoleMaster

I'd consider playing 5e, although the d20 system is my least favorite.

About me...I tend to create personas that are not typical. I prefer role-playing above all else, and I would likely not do very well in a highly tactical type of game. Most of the games that I typically run involve no maps whatsoever. Some sample types of characters I have played, from my 2e-5e days, I've seldom played a game that was not D&D.

The non-destructive wizard, using non-damaging spells. Actually called himself an assassin, I just went about it in a peculiar fashion.
The bored barbarian. He was quite the quiet fellow, following everyone around. When they took too long deciding something, he'd get bored and go start smashing things and people.
A mute archer, he was a good shot. But some people always wanted to talk to him while he was trying to shoot a bow. So he'd stop and gesture at them, swearing in sign language.
A teleporting super hero. He was boundless and tireless, and annoyed even me to play.
The tired thief. Constitution of 3. I had to think outside of the norm to keep him alive, I got him to 5th level before he died. But I only had like 12 hit points. It was just a matter of when, not if.

Some ideas I've got for characters:

Torg - A former lumberjack, turned into a Living Lands savage warrior. His goal in life to find the woman that he got separated from during the invasion. His only link to his previous reality.
Hero System - Depends on the genre, really.
RoleMaster - Most likely a wizard, one that really does not enjoy spellcasting. Primarily because it's so troublesome to remember the formulas when it's much more entertaining to trick and manipulate people (npcs).

5e - I can fill just about any role, but expect that I'll try to put some bizarre twist on the typical archetype.

Thanks!

Edit: Savage Rifts would be good. I've read the rules for Savage Worlds, but never played.