PDA

View Full Version : Pain in my Module

Skyjoos
May 1st, 2018, 19:53
:) Hey gurus. So my campaign inevitably got too big and I made the move to holding the world in a module. Problem is, whenever I edit the module and update the main campaign with all the new goodies the maps with masks and wot not go all squiffy. What am I doing wrong in module authorship? Is this something I can fix?

JohnD
May 1st, 2018, 20:14
Well "squiffy" may be a technical term most of us are not aware of. Could you give a little more information about what exactly is happening to your maps and the masks applied to them?

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2018, 20:25
Please let us know what specific steps you did and what's happening.

In short, the steps I would have done;
- duplicate twice your campaign folder while FG is not running
- Renaming one to something like "My Capaign - Development" and the other to "My Campaign - Pre-edit)
- Start FG, edit Development campaign to remove characters, etc.
(You might want to actually make several duplicates, so that you can break up your campaign into multiple modules)
- export your development campaign to a module
- exit your development campaign, start your play campaign
- Edit your play campaign to remove everything that is included in your module, and everything you no longer need (maps, images, etc) (this campaign should now be pretty smal
- Exit FG, restart FG
- Open your play campaign, go to Library > Modules and open your module
- Verify and play.

Skyjoos
May 1st, 2018, 20:40
Great, thanks for helping. I'll try and be a little clearer.

If I make edits to the map image in the module that has a mask in the main campaign, like adding story pins, when I reopen the map in the main campaign the maps looses its mask and any 'notes' pins I shared with the players when playing.

Plus, if I have a module updated map linked in a story item, when in the main campaign the link opens a new image in the modules image group.

It's seems as though if I edit a module image in the main campaign the reload the image after an update some of the links lose their reference.

Skyjoos
May 1st, 2018, 20:43
That's about the process I followed when I made the cut over. It was fine until I started adding adding more to the module and reloading it on subsequent sessions.

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2018, 20:50
If you "Revert" on the map or the module, you are telling FG to delete/reset any changes you made to the image in the play campaign.

I'm not sure if you update the development campaign image (adding pins) and then re-export and just open the play campaign if the new pins will be there if you haven't modified the image in the play campaign. If you have...

So, have you modified the image in the play campaign (other than adding a mask)?
Are you using Revert changes?

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2018, 20:54
Masks, drawings and shared pins are not included in exported data.

Think of the module as the base adventure that you bought from the store. Any masking, drawing or sharing is done on a per campaign basis.

Regards,
JPG

Skyjoos
May 1st, 2018, 21:06
If you "Revert" on the map or the module, you are telling FG to delete/reset any changes you made to the image in the play campaign.

I'm not sure if you update the development campaign image (adding pins) and then re-export and just open the play campaign if the new pins will be there if you haven't modified the image in the play campaign. If you have...

So, have you modified the image in the play campaign (other than adding a mask)?
Are you using Revert changes?

Yeah, I'm definitly adding pins to the images in both campaigns.