PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on computer firewalls

Octavious
May 1st, 2018, 19:08
I would like some opinions on computer firewalls and anti hack modifiers..

To bypass a firewall the rules state normally to bypass is the computer hack dc +2. You can obtain anti hack counter measures up to 4 times . Each one is a +1 to the computers anti hack DC. My question is..

Can you stack the anti hack modifiers and the firewall modifier.. example a tier 1 computer has a hack dc of 17 and you buy one anti hack (+1) so the dc to actually hack the computer is 18..after you successfully hacked the computer(DC 18) now you find a firewall . Is the firewall DC 17 + (2 firewall modifier) or can it be 17 +(1 anti hack modifier) +(2 firewall modifier).

Thanx for any response.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2018, 19:18
The wording for the firewall says "accessing the hidden module requires another successful Computers check, usually with a DC equal to the original DC + 2."

It all depends on how you view "original DC". I assume it includes the increase for the security module, as they "...(increase) the DC of the Computers check to hack the computer and gain access to it's modules." I take this to mean that the base computer DC is increased by the security module and this becomes the standard/original hack DC for the computer in general.

Octavious
May 1st, 2018, 20:07
Thanks Trenloe .. that's how I see it too.. I just needed some clarifications.. as I'm going to code it that way into starship studio.. As the base dc becomes the original base plus the security module(s)

Samarex
May 2nd, 2018, 13:49
Well I look at it this way.

Its a FIREWALL just use a Fire extinguisher and call it just a WALL.

Then Crank up Pink Floyd and Tear Down the WALL

You In,,,,

Sorry You asked for Opinions.......

Octavious
May 3rd, 2018, 00:53
Samarex, well now you did it .. now alls I need to do is find the DC for that dang fire extinguisher .lol