PDA

View Full Version : Port Forward Alternatives

damned
May 1st, 2018, 15:17
Hi Guys - here are a few alternatives if you are unable to do port forwarding on the GMs network connection:

ZeroTier
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43570-Using-ZeroTier-to-Host-a-Fantasy-Grounds-Game

PureVPN
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20160-Using-a-VPN-Service-Provider-to-get-around-port-forwarding-issues

Hamachi
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi

AlgoVPN
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43310-AlgoVPN-Setting-up-for-Windows-10-to-run-an-FG-game

SSH Port Mapping
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?15634-Bypassing-firewalls-using-Putty-and-a-public-server&p=376412&viewfull=1#post376412

Portmap.io
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48543-Using-Portmap-io-to-Host-a-Fantasy-Grounds-Game

Weepdrag
May 1st, 2018, 20:20
Has anyone ever Windscribe (VPN)? and if so, how did you set it up?

Gwydion
May 1st, 2018, 21:19
Has anyone ever Windscribe (VPN)? and if so, how did you set it up?

It appears from a little searching that port forwarding is on their list of features (not sure if it will be free or not), but at this time it does not appear to offer port-forwarding so I'm not sure this will be an option for FG games at least at this time. The options Damned posted in post #1 are the ones that some of us have tried and been able to get to work.

pauljmendoza
May 9th, 2018, 06:47
I may switch to these, there has rarely been a session where everyone was able to make it on or not spend an hour finding out what and where something has changed on their routers or firewalls, or mine. In all the years I have been using FG, this has been a constant frustration. Sorry, just pissed at this problem for the thousandth time.

Trenloe
May 10th, 2018, 20:45
I may switch to these, there has rarely been a session where everyone was able to make it on or not spend an hour finding out what and where something has changed on their routers or firewalls, or mine.
If players have had a problem on their end, this may not necessarily make too much of an improvement - it still relies on FG being able to make a connection through to the GM on port 1802. It's just that it's going a different route than normal. If the players had regular issues before, then it may even be worse - as there is now another piece of software involved to get working in their environments (which don't sound too stable to start with).

I hope not, and I hope that this allows you to have uninterrupted gaming!

Delgarion
July 1st, 2018, 18:12
A note of thanks for this post I am a GM who had a table top game every sunday for about 9 hours , but had friend who are out of state and wanted to play using a video cam. I initially said no I did not want to mess with that but I started to look at VVT as a way to help Him get his D and D fix. I saw fantasy ground and fell in love with it. Now I'm 60 with a 64 player and a 72 y old and one of about 40 something none of us could figure out the port forwarding ability and I was pretty bummed out about it after spending over 300 to get everything then I found this post and It solved all our problem we are using ZeroTier and It has been great fun for us all again many thanks for this post

Gwydion
July 1st, 2018, 18:14
A note of thanks for this post I am a GM who had a table top game every sunday for about 9 hours , but had friend who are out of state and wanted to play using a video cam. I initially said no I did not want to mess with that but I started to look at VVT as a way to help Him get his D and D fix. I saw fantasy ground and fell in love with it. Now I'm 60 with a 64 player and a 72 y old and one of about 40 something none of us could figure out the port forwarding ability and I was pretty bummed out about it after spending over 300 to get everything then I found this post and It solved all our problem we are using ZeroTier and It has been great fun for us all again many thanks for this post

Welcome to the forum, Delgarion! So great to hear. Glad you got it sorted. Great community. Game on!

damned
July 2nd, 2018, 04:00
Hola Delgarion - never too old to be unleasing your Machiavellian schemes on friends!

ProNobis
July 5th, 2018, 02:01
I would also recommend Amazon Web Services on demand EC2 program: https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/?refid=gs_card
In short, you are renting space on their servers (for about $0.05 per hour for 4 GB RAM and plenty of power to handle FG). Because you are demoting into a computer on a major server cluster, it gets 400 MB per second upload and download. If you can connect to a website you can remote into the computer, and that computer is beyond any fire walls and routers that require port forwarding. Setup a security group to allow port 1802 from everywhere and set Windows Firewall to allow port 1802 and you are up and running. Data transmission rates are really low. Data in from the internet (all those modules you bought, people connecting into your table) is free. The first GB out each month is free, then it is $0.09 per GB after that, I did not go over the 1 GB in my first month. Guesstimating it will take about 20-40 hours of games for my groups to go through a GB, but most of my groups have our data preloaded so we may be lower than most.
Regardless, EC2 is letting me operate behind some pretty heavy fire walls and giving my players much more stable connections than I've ever had before. It may cost a little to get the 4GB RAM, but for the 400 MB/s upload and download I think it is worth it and should be mentioned as an option.

damned
July 5th, 2018, 02:35
Hola Pronobis.

The AWS solution costs approx $36/month at 5c an hour. Do you have any tips to get that price down at all?
Also - Im editing your post to change it to 1802 instead of 1080...
You will also need inbound 3389 working so the GM can connect and run.

ProNobis
July 5th, 2018, 15:07
Use "On Demand" not "Reserved Instance". That means you only pay for the time that your server is up. My bill for last month was $4.55, but I also host my main website with them. I think the line item for the ec2 was something like $2.00. If you run games around the clock then it would be the $36 a month, but you would probably also have multiple GMs and be in violation of Fantasy Grounds EULA https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=fantasy_grounds_faq If you wanted to do something like that... ask Doug and negotiate with him how many copies or what special type of copy you would have to buy, it is not allowed under the current EULA so you would need further permission.
I have run 1 game so far this month (about 7 hours up time for a 4 hour game) and have a bill of $0.39 for my ec2 subtotal of this month. It can be expensive if you run a lot of games, but compared to my other expenses, it is still one of my smallest expenses each month.

In short it is like a faucet in your house. If you turn it off when it is not in use, no big deal. If you let it run all month you will have an awful water bill.

PS. Thank you so much for fixing my wrong number. I really should have looked it up instead of going off of memory.

damned
July 5th, 2018, 15:08
So you are just paying storage while its off?

ProNobis
July 5th, 2018, 16:01
That is correct, unless you want to add additional features, such as an "elastic ip" (allows you to have the same ip address everytime, given the alias does the same thing for us). Also note that AWS has a free tier (1 year) https://aws.amazon.com/free/ that includes 750 hours per month on an EC2 T2.micro (1GB RAM) as well as 5GB of storage. That is enough to install and test for free, then you can upgrade to a 4GB computer (as simple as turning it off, telling it to run on a more powerful computer, then turning it back on) so that you can run FG at full power (I'm pretty sure that FG cannot use more than about 3GB, but I'm uncertain about that).

I'm over the free tier in data usage now, but that is mostly due to my website. Any idea what the maximum data size is off the complete bundles for all rulesets? That would give us a pretty good idea if a heavy FG user would exceed the 5GB of free storage. My computer shows that my vault (D&D Complete bundle) is about 1.2 GB. My entire Fantasy Grounds home folder is 5.4 GB, but that includes a lot of data used only for creating modules, stuff I don't have on my EC2 server. Not sure how big the windows server OS is or if it even counts (most of it would be redundant between users so they might only track changes from default not the whole data set, I really don't know). There is a lot about the nitty gritty that I don't know, I hope this helps?

Update: two 4 hour games with additional prep and closing time and at $0.77 this month for my ec2 charge.

ProNobis
July 5th, 2018, 16:14
And Damned you are right that the security group was more complicated than I remembered. Here are some images. Please note that the stuff I've blurred out is limiting access control to only a single approved ip address. (That means that only someone with access to my computer at a specific location can access my EC2 instance)
Turns out that port 80 is https:// and port 443 is https://
I learn something new everyday :)

pfrandsen
July 7th, 2018, 12:10
Anyone have experience with AVG VPN? I am trying the free trial and still can not get a connection for FG

Gwydion
July 7th, 2018, 14:00
Anyone have experience with AVG VPN? I am trying the free trial and still can not get a connection for FG
I don’t think that is one that anyone has posted having success with FG. Only know VPNs to work consistently are PureVPN and AlgoVPN.

damned
July 7th, 2018, 14:01
Hello pfrandsen

The primary purpose of most of these VPNs is to hide your address/traffic.
Most do not have the feature that Fantasy Grounds requires which is the ability to accept inbound connections on TCP1802.

Samarex
July 31st, 2018, 11:34
I don’t think that is one that anyone has posted having success with FG. Only know VPNs to work consistently are PureVPN and AlgoVPN.

Ok Somewhere it was posted that with PureVPN you were also needed to have there Dedicated IP Addon for the system to work.

I just got there 5 year plan for $89 this comes with there Port Forwarding Add-On. That works perfect I was able to connect to the VPN standard (No dedicated IP) and Load FG (The Connect Test Passes) and I had someone connect to me using the word phrase and they connected fine.

So $89 for 5 Years is much better that the $219 for 2 years W/Dedicated IP.

Gwydion
July 31st, 2018, 13:18
Ok Somewhere it was posted that with PureVPN you were also needed to have there Dedicated IP Addon for the system to work.

I just got there 5 year plan for $89 this comes with there Port Forwarding Add-On. That works perfect I was able to connect to the VPN standard (No dedicated IP) and Load FG (The Connect Test Passes) and I had someone connect to me using the word phrase and they connected fine.

So $89 for 5 Years is much better that the $219 for 2 years W/Dedicated IP.

Yeah, PureVPN has continuously changed their pricing and when I purchased over a year ago they didn't have that option. Great to hear that the standard package with the Port Forwarding Add-On is working for you and the price is great!

rsqdivr
October 31st, 2018, 03:15
Is it just the GM host that needs the vpn/port-forwarding solution (from a hotel for instance) or do each of the clients also need to use the same vpn?

damned
October 31st, 2018, 03:19
Is it just the GM host that needs the vpn/port-forwarding solution (from a hotel for instance) or do each of the clients also need to use the same vpn?

If using a Port Forwarding VPN - like PureVPN - then only the GM needs it.
If using a Private Network like Hamachi or Zero Tier then everyone needs it.

Bidmaron
October 31st, 2018, 03:24
Just the GM (beat to it).

Samarex
October 31st, 2018, 04:08
Just the host

rsqdivr
October 31st, 2018, 04:18
well, the 5yr deal is no longer available. does it benefit anyone to refer/invite me? Or just go sign up directly?

rsqdivr
October 31st, 2018, 07:31
any advice on connecting through it? Is there a guide somewhere? I just bought the purevpn and FG isn't visible through it. The GM/client connection works fine on local LAN at home. I'm trying to connect in a hotel. Here's where I've stripped down to and still no success:

Connectivity testing at hotel:
Hotel wifi: set to private
Mcafee firewall: turned off
no other security software running
purvpn port-forwarding: all ports open
netstat result: 1802 listening
canyouseeme port 1802: failed
FG running
FG test: failed

Yes, I have searched the forums extensively and not found anything addressing purevpn. I have a specific rule in mcafee even when it's on (needed to get working on home LAN). PureVPN asks me to choose what "type" of connection I'm needing: stream, internet freedom, security/privacy, file-sharing, dedicated IP. None of this is addressed in the volumes of forum posts I've been reading. Thanks in advance for any help.

rsqdivr
October 31st, 2018, 07:39
tinkered with the purevpn settings and connections more and made a tiny bit of progress. Canyouseeme now shows success on port 1802 scan. But I still can't ever get the connection test in the FG launcher to resolve. It doesn't say failed anymore but it hangs on "in progress".

Gwydion
October 31st, 2018, 12:07
Many if us have had success when using the dedicated ipaddress add in at pure vpn. You may not need that anymore but it definitely works with it.

See this thread as well:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20160-Using-a-VPN-Service-Provider-to-get-around-port-forwarding-issues

I’ll response more in full when I get to a computer.

damned
November 23rd, 2018, 11:36
I would recommend using a VPN as alternatives rather than port forwarding.

Bye bye...

Gwydion
November 23rd, 2018, 13:29
What does this mean?

Nylanfs
November 23rd, 2018, 15:33
Lots of spammers sneaking through the filters today.

Ampersandrew
November 24th, 2018, 11:56
What does this mean?

I think it means he deleted the post he's quoting. Probably for spamming

AlkarGreener
January 19th, 2019, 20:28
I just tested Windscribe. It does not offer 1802 as an external port. An email was sent to them explaining the need. If they can support it, I will update this post.

Andraax
January 19th, 2019, 21:14
There are posts around here describing how to change the port used for the game...

AlkarGreener
January 19th, 2019, 22:14
I saw how to change the host port, but not the external port that other fg clients use to connect. Will take another look.

Andraax
January 19th, 2019, 22:18
Same argument on both, IIRC.

LordEntrails
January 20th, 2019, 01:08
There are posts around here describing how to change the port used for the game...
" -p ####" on the command you use to launch FG. Note that the players must do this as well, which often causes problems with non-savvy players.

damned
January 20th, 2019, 02:30
no space LordEntrails

its "path\fantasygrounds.exe" -p2000

so no space between the p and the numbers and yes players and GM need to use it at the same time

AlkarGreener
January 20th, 2019, 23:10
Thanks for the info.

Avalastrius
September 26th, 2019, 05:37
Hello all. I have just subscribed with Ultimate and bought the PHB. Alas, I have the port forwarding issue and I can't fix it because I'm renting and I need to change the primary setup router (which is.not possible right now). I am very disappointed that this program, with such a premium content, has such an issue. My first inclination is to cancel of course, but before that I would like to ask for some alternatives. I have managed to have Hamachi working and a player connected.

What I would like to ask is if there is any solution that I can enjoy what I bought properly, no lag and stable? What would you recommend?

damned
September 26th, 2019, 07:57
Hi Avalastrius

Hamachi works fine for the vast majority of people.
Any lag that might be introduced by Hamachi is measured in ms and will be completely unnoticed in your game sessions.

Avalastrius
September 26th, 2019, 08:07
Hi Avalastrius

Hamachi works fine for the vast majority of people.
Any lag that might be introduced by Hamachi is measured in ms and will be completely unnoticed in your game sessions.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. :)

LordEntrails
September 26th, 2019, 15:53
I used Hamachi for about a year with very few problems before I switched to PureVPN (w/ dedicated IP). Both have worked well and each has an advantage over the other (free vs transparent to the players).

Samarex
September 26th, 2019, 16:00
I used Hamachi for about a year with very few problems before I switched to PureVPN (w/ dedicated IP). Both have worked well and each has an advantage over the other (free vs transparent to the players).

I use PureVPN also, but before you spend the money for that unless you plan on using it for other programs, You should look at and consider FG Unity. It has been ststed that Unity will no longer require port fowarding.
So if you go that route you could use the othe one while waiting for it to release.

Avalastrius
September 26th, 2019, 16:25
I use PureVPN also, but before you spend the money for that unless you plan on using it for other programs, You should look at and consider FG Unity. It has been ststed that Unity will no longer require port fowarding.
So if you go that route you could use the othe one while waiting for it to release.

PureVPN is not an option for me as I don't live in any of the countries it provides dedicated servers. As for FG Unity, I thought it's not out yet.

Trenloe
September 26th, 2019, 16:44
PureVPN is not an option for me as I don't live in any of the countries it provides dedicated servers.
You don't have to use a PureVPN server in your own country.

Samarex
September 26th, 2019, 16:49

Correct, Im in the Philippines and set my static IP to Hong kong, until they came out with a actual Port Foward Option, whuch does not require a static IP.. So I switched to it and it works great.

Avalastrius
September 26th, 2019, 17:32

I meant they don't provide dedicated ip.

Is there a way to get one? I'm a bit confused.

Samarex
September 26th, 2019, 23:01
I meant they don't provide dedicated ip.

Is there a way to get one? I'm a bit confused.
Dedicated IP and Port Fowarding are both options you can buy with PureVPN. When you get the Dedicated IP you can pick where you want it to be..So it can be in a different country.

Bidmaron
September 27th, 2019, 04:55
You only need dedicated ip and not the port forwarding option

Avalastrius
September 27th, 2019, 14:46
Dedicated IP and Port Fowarding are both options you can buy with PureVPN. When you get the Dedicated IP you can pick where you want it to be..So it can be in a different country.

This is what PureVPN support said: PureVPN only offers dedicated IP's of USA, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada, Germany, Malta and Australia.

I live in Norway.

Ampersandrew
September 27th, 2019, 14:49
This is what PureVPN support said: PureVPN only offers dedicated IP's of USA, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada, Germany, Malta and Australia.

I live in Norway.

Right, they will give you a dynamic IP in lots of countries, but only supply dedicated IPs in eight. You're in Norway, your IP is in Singapore (for instance).

andrew

Trenloe
September 27th, 2019, 14:51

I live in Norway.
Those are the locations of the dedicated IP addresses. You don't need to live in that country to use a dedicated IP address server in that country.

As Samarex says - he lives in the Philippines but has a PureVPN dedicated IP address in Hong Kong.

As you're in Norway I'd recommend getting a dedicated IP address from the UK or Germany.

Gwydion
September 27th, 2019, 15:10
ninja'd by Trenloe... Nothing to see here..

Avalastrius
September 27th, 2019, 15:23
Those are the locations of the dedicated IP addresses. You don't need to live in that country to use a dedicated IP address server in that country.

As Samarex says - he lives in the Philippines but has a PureVPN dedicated IP address in Hong Kong.

As you're in Norway I'd recommend getting a dedicated IP address from the UK or Germany.

Ah, ok. Sorry for being a little thick, have never used a VPN before. So I can buy PureVPN and get a dedicated IP for UK and when I log in to VPN I will log into that UK ip and bob's your uncle. :D Fantasy Grounds ready for all.

Trenloe
September 27th, 2019, 15:41
So I can buy PureVPN and get a dedicated IP for UK and when I log in to VPN I will log into that UK ip and bob's your uncle. :D Fantasy Grounds ready for all.
Yes.

Avalastrius
September 27th, 2019, 15:42
Yes.

Thanks (and everyone else) for helping out.

Nylanfs
September 27th, 2019, 17:19
Think of it as a forwarding mailbox. All your mail gets sent to your official mailbox (VPN IP address), and that mailbox sends your email to what ever mailbox you tell it to that week (ie you logging into the VP).

LordEntrails
September 27th, 2019, 21:38
Understood. But that does not mean that you can not use their service with a dedicated IP. What it means is that you will have a VPN connection to a server in whatever country you select. It does mean you will see additional latency, but it is likely to be a fraction of a second, nothing that will impact FG. As an added benefit, when using the VPN, websites will think you are in that country and services like Netflix will give you the catalog for that country, not Norway.

Samarex
September 28th, 2019, 00:20

I live in Norway.

Correct so you pick the closest one to you and that where you IP is st.
I live in the Philipoinesand my IP is in Hong Kong.

Samarex
September 28th, 2019, 00:27

As Trenloe said UK or Gemenary ,I would do ping testing to see which place would give you the best responce.

Ampersandrew
February 17th, 2020, 14:12
Once again. you do not need an IP in the country you are in.

The IP can be anywhere, it does not need to be in the same country as you or even on the same continent. It will work exactly the same. For this where people are connecting to you it doesn't matter at all. the only reason you might want one in one of those countries is then you can get around the we only supply content to county X.

Taj Calvin
April 6th, 2020, 17:12
Followup question to clarify something that was posted earlier. I am having a bit of trouble getting my players in while running a VPN, so here's what I've got and here's what I understand.

1) I am running PIA (Private Internet Access)

2) They don't do port specific forwarding but do port forwarding where they just tell you what the port is

3) I (and my players) can run FGU by adding the port to the command line -pXXXX

Here's the part I need clarification on. Currently I just click on the icon in Windows and it runs. Does this mean going back to the old command line prompt in order to run the program? Just wanted to clarify because I think two of my players would be fine with this and the third's head will explode.

Thanks.

Trenloe
April 6th, 2020, 17:29
Here's the part I need clarification on. Currently I just click on the icon in Windows and it runs. Does this mean going back to the old command line prompt in order to run the program? Just wanted to clarify because I think two of my players would be fine with this and the third's head will explode.
Setup a new shortcut to run FG and add the -pXXXX argument to the shortcut Target

Belisix
May 14th, 2020, 17:39
Hi all,

I have the problem that my ISP uses carrier-grade NAT that forbids me to use port forwarding. Does somebody have any experience on how to fix this ? Before spending anymore money on pureVPN or a FGU licence or whatever, I would like to have at least a small hint that it has already worked to solve my problem.
Thx for your help.
Chris

Bonkon
May 14th, 2020, 17:48
Good Day and Welcome Belisix :)
On the first page of this message there are numerous options. I hear many good things about Hamachi (And I believe it is free) :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20309-GM-Connection-Issues-Tried-Everything-Try-Hamachi

Here is the front page with more options :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43607-Port-Forward-Alternatives

Here is the first post :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43607-Port-Forward-Alternatives

LordEntrails
May 14th, 2020, 18:08
Hi all,

I have the problem that my ISP uses carrier-grade NAT that forbids me to use port forwarding. Does somebody have any experience on how to fix this ? Before spending anymore money on pureVPN or a FGU licence or whatever, I would like to have at least a small hint that it has already worked to solve my problem.
Thx for your help.
Chris
Welcome Chris. Yes there have been numerous people who have used the various VPN options to solve the CGNAT and port forwarding issues.

You can download the FGC demo and install for free. Then you can download Hamachi per the instructions in the linked thread and do your own testing. This will validate that the environment works and then you just will need to buy the appropriate FG license.

Note that FGU bypasses the port forwarding requirment. Note that you can not test the network connections with the free FGU client. But, their is a 30 day money back refund you can use if you purchase FGU and can't get it to work (but it should, as it has a cloud brokering option). Just note that FGU is in early access and has issues, it it not yet a stable 'production' release and you may have issues from time to time.

eriktedesco
May 17th, 2020, 19:41
On a side note....is the cloud option suppose to substitute Hamachi and similar services? I have a natted internet connection, so I cannot forward the port 1802. In your opinion will the cloud be better that Hamachi performance-wise? I'll try to get a static public ip but it will be pretty hard...

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2020, 20:15
On a side note....is the cloud option suppose to substitute Hamachi and similar services? I have a natted internet connection, so I cannot forward the port 1802. In your opinion will the cloud be better that Hamachi performance-wise? I'll try to get a static public ip but it will be pretty hard...
Yes the Cloud brokering connections mean you no longer need Hamachi or another VPN to get around public IP/Port forwarding issues. Given that FGU is in beta and having lots of changing and the cloud networking is something under constant tuning, no idea if it will be faster than Hamachi at any given moment right now. But I trust in the future it will, but we will have to wait and see.

Zionmatrix
July 15th, 2020, 04:39
you forgot neorouter - free (if selfhosted) easy client install - but its a full access vpn (and blocks upper port numbers for some old video games)

damned
July 15th, 2020, 05:34
you forgot neorouter - free (if selfhosted) easy client install - but its a full access vpn (and blocks upper port numbers for some old video games)

Thanks Zionmatrix
We include services that people have written up how to use with Fantasy Grounds.
If you have a guide on setting it up with Fantasy Grounds then Im happy to include it.

Nylanfs
July 23rd, 2020, 18:50
Looks like we might have another VPN option, and it appears like they support port forwarding. (https://mullvad.net/en/help/port-forwarding-and-mullvad/)

https://mullvad.net/en/

I found it because Mozilla is partnering with them.
https://vpn.mozilla.org

Edit: Wow, they are serious about privacy. (https://mullvad.net/en/help/no-logging-data-policy/)

Cash

Put the money in an envelope together with the payment token and send it to us. We will open the envelope, add time to the account (corresponding to the amount of cash sent), and then use a shredder to destroy the envelope and its non-money contents.

We have no way of knowing who made the payment and who the account belongs to. Even if a person were to address the envelope, there is still no way to prove that he or she generated the account or is even using it. Please avoid writing your name or address on the envelope.

The GDPR does not apply in this case since the personal data on the envelope does not form a part of a filing system and are not intended to form part of a filing system.

This is what we store when a cash payment comes inš:

payment | account number | amount | currency | timestamp
xxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx | 5.0 | USD | 2016-12-09 10:38:23

damned
July 24th, 2020, 00:46
Thanks Paul.

To have it added to the list please post instructions on hw to set it up specifically for TCP1802 or other way that supports FG.

Nylanfs
July 29th, 2020, 16:19
I haven't tried it yet, my system is down. But seeing as how I have xfinity I'll be setting this up and giving it a test drive sometime soon. :)

Nylanfs
December 29th, 2020, 14:55
ExpressVPN (https://www.expressvpn.com) allows Port Forwarding (https://www.expressvpn.com/support/troubleshooting/router-app-port-forwarding/), and you get one month free with LastPass Premium.

EDIT: After trying and talking to their support it does NOT allow port forwarding for what we want. :(

Trenloe
December 29th, 2020, 21:58
ExpressVPN (https://www.expressvpn.com) allows Port Forwarding (https://www.expressvpn.com/support/troubleshooting/router-app-port-forwarding/), and you get one month free with LastPass Premium.
Have you tested it with FGC or FGU?

Nylanfs
December 29th, 2020, 22:30
I have not yet.