PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder specific question

curbry
May 1st, 2018, 11:09
Good morning- I am still very new to fantasy grounds, and have been reviewing tutorials for the Pathfinder system for this VTT. One of my players uses an Elven Thornblade- and it has a bonus of +2 to confirm critical hits. My question is- how would I handle this in the game? Assuming I cannot, and my player drops his dice on the target, lets say he is one shy of a critical- but because of his bonus, I need to go in and manually add the extra damage. How would I do this? Sorry if this is a simple question- I couldn't find the answers in my searching.

Thanks!

madman
May 1st, 2018, 13:09
to roll critical damage all you need to do is hold the shift key and roll whatever attack dmg is applicable.

Madman..

Blahness98
May 1st, 2018, 13:10
If he exclusively uses that weapon, add the effect CC: 2 to his character on the combat tracker. If he doesn't use the weapon exclusively, have him add it and have him turn it off as needed. That will give him the +2 to confirm critical hits. Not by the computer at the moment, so I can't add pictures. Let me know if you need a hand doing that.

Otherwise, if you tell him that he did in fact hit critically, there is the a +/- button in the upper right of the screen. If you click on that, there will be a critical button. Have him click that and then roll damage. FG will then make the damage throw whatever the critical modifier would be. Or just have him roll damage additional times per his critical modifer. That would replicate what the critical button would be what is done in a face to face game.

curbry
May 4th, 2018, 12:38
Awesome, I will give this a try. Thanks everyone for the help!