PDA

View Full Version : LFG 5E for Sundays 1PM GMT Weekly with Voice. 30+?

Frex
April 29th, 2018, 19:01
EDIT 2: We are full! Thank you for all your interest. Anyone who has PM'd me, I will keep you in the loop if anyone decides they cannot play. Thank you all again for your interest and happy gaming!

EDIT: At this time we have at least 4 people ready to go, we just need a GM!

I have tried and tried to find a group on /lfg and Roll20. I have a great SW group on Saturdays going on year 2, but the only groups I have found for 5E are with teenagers. This is great! I am so glad the kids are playing. I am 42 years old and would love to play with people in my age bracket. It doesn't need to be Grumpy Old Gamers Guild, but around my age would make for a more companionable experience in my, well, experience.

I am dependable, conscientious and have a great sense of humor. I don't want to min/max, murder hobo or make anyone uncomfortable: I want to create memories with new friends! Male, female, straight not straight who cares? Let's ADVENTURE because life can suck!

Is this of interest to anyone else? Any older folks out there wanting the same thing?

Thanks for your time.
Frex

curbry
April 30th, 2018, 02:27
I'm 40+, and would definitely be interested if times and what not could be worked out. Anxious to see if there is any other interest?

Frex
April 30th, 2018, 03:05
Sounds good. I will definitely keep you in the loop. There has to be more like us and hopefully a willing DM. I would love something long term, ideally.

NewNix
April 30th, 2018, 03:42
I want to jump in as well. My wife and I (both 40s) have been looking for a game without much success.

Frex
April 30th, 2018, 03:53
Well that is great news. Thank you all so much for letting me know it's not just me :)

At this point we have at least four and we could move forward if we find a GM! Also that time is flexible for me.

Ram Tyr
April 30th, 2018, 14:43
I'm of appropriate... demographics...
I'm also interested in playing at the proposed time.
Check here for the time in your time zone.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Sunday+Grumpy+Old+Gamers+Guild&iso=20180506T13&p1=136

I propose we get together to discuss on this upcoming Sunday whether a GM steps forward or not. We can at least get introductions out of the way and break the ice.

Frex
April 30th, 2018, 15:03
I think this is a great idea. What say you all? EDIT: I propose 3 PM GMT just for this first meet and greet. That way I can sleep in til 8. ;)

Frex
April 30th, 2018, 18:45
I created a new LFDM post here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43597-Sunday-Grumpy-Old-Gamers-Guild-Seeks-DM-for-5E&p=387814#post387814

EDIT: We have a DM :)

Frex
April 30th, 2018, 20:17
I have some great news! The venerable, High Patriarch GM Stuart has agreed to DM for us on Sundays about 2PM UK time! Stuart is a veteran of RPGs and DMing and has been incredibly helpful and kind in our correspondences. Lucky for us he has a Sunday group that is coming to an end and he may be able to poach one or two players from that game to round out our group. I am really looking forward to adventuring with him.

Some things Stuart and I talked about is no rules lawyers killing the fun. We all try to be fair but min/maxing to the point of agony and arguing with the GM can be a buzzkill. Such *AHEM* seasoned people such as ourselves should have no problem with this, I am sure.
He has tasked us with coming up with what we would like to play in the 5E universe. I will let you all chime in on what sounds most interesting to you all and we will go from there!

Let me know as soon as you can, so I can get back to him he can start the prep.

EDIT: Rage of Demons Out of the Abyss looks awesome!

curbry
May 1st, 2018, 21:55
I think ideally I'd like to do some established 5E campaigns, but I'm pretty flexibile in that regard- I would say the timing may or may not be my only hiccup- I have a Sunday morning group that likely has 3-4 more sessions left, but I could join after that I believe! Love the interest here, and I think it would be cool to try to make introductions as Ramza suggested- just to have a group of like minded folks to game with regardless :) Thanks for getting this rolling Frex

Frex
May 2nd, 2018, 16:04
Roll Call Thus Far:
curby
Frex (likely a ranger)
XavierB

Frex
May 2nd, 2018, 18:22
ok! So I feel like this is really coming together. Does anyone have an interest in doing a Session 0 this Sunday for the allotted time of 1 PM GMT(2PM UK time?)

XavierB
May 2nd, 2018, 18:35
This is the only Sunday in the near future I have a prior commitment. Made it before I knew about the game :).

Frex
May 2nd, 2018, 18:43
Forgiven =p Any idea what you would like to play character wise?

XavierB
May 2nd, 2018, 18:49
I usually go with Fighter, Cleric or Wizard.
I have characters ready to go.
I'd just need the "character creation" guidelines and then I can go with whichever the party needs.

Frex
May 2nd, 2018, 20:48
Roll Call Thus Far:
curby
Frex (likely a ranger)
XavierB
Neil Beresford (player 4 has entered the game) :)

Neil Beresford
May 2nd, 2018, 21:07
Session ZERO sounds a great idea Frex, I can make myself free any time.
Regarding characters - I will have a think and see what the others are playing, however I do like 'hitting things' thou! :-)

Stuart
May 2nd, 2018, 21:09
Hi all: Calendar Entry here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3064.
Discord channel also set up.
How about this Sunday we create characters set out some House Rules etc and sort stuff out?

XavierB
May 2nd, 2018, 21:14
Hi all: Calendar Entry here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3064.
How about this Sunday we create characters set out some House Rules etc and sort stuff out?

If I could get the minutes from session zero I can PM a character with a little backstory before session one.

Stuart
May 2nd, 2018, 21:19
Sure - you can create a character off-line and dump the xml file into Discord if need be.

Frex
May 2nd, 2018, 21:44

Yes! Sounds great. I think XavierB had a conflict just this Sunday only but I can catch him up.

Neil Beresford
May 2nd, 2018, 21:58
Oh, I have a feeling this adventure will be one bards will sing about in inns for years to come! :-)

Introductions from me - I'm Neil, in my 50s, dyslexic and if I have to do any minutes, expect the unexpected regarding what's actually typed! :-)
I haven't done DnD since the late 1980s and it's changed a little. I'm a fast learner, but patience may be needed while I come up to speed with the 5e rule set and also FG.
I think I have a wonderfully wacky outlook on life and a great imagination, hopefully my character won't embarass me too much!

I am really looknig forward to making some new friends and also having a great Sunday afternoon adventuring!

Frex
May 2nd, 2018, 23:09
No worries, Neil! No minutes duty for you. :)

I am excited to create Bard-worthy shenanigans where they will sing of our Crit Fails for generations to come!

Frex
May 3rd, 2018, 02:29
Roll Call Update:
curbry
Frex (likely a ranger)
XavierB
Neil Beresford
Blyssful ( fighter or barbarian)
jaclynclong (Valkyrie)
Crispi (rogue)