PDA

View Full Version : LFP: D&D 5E Thursday Nights (North America)

VisualSnowfall
April 29th, 2018, 01:10
Not currently looking for more players.

System: D&D 5E
Game Time: Thursday 8:30 PM EDT (Eastern) / Friday 00:30 UTC for approximately 4 hours.
Term: Long
Voice Software: Discord (including bgm). Please have headphones and push to talk if needed.

Roleplay / Combat: Definitely more roleplay than combat.
Number of Players: Four total, need one more.
Player Expectations: Respect everyone at the virtual table, try to stay in character, and have fun.

Details: The campaign will be Tomb of Annihilation. The first game will be an un-related one-shot to get the group settled in. I'm looking for the first game to be A Wild Sheep Chase on May 17th. Following that will be session 0 and character creation for the campaign.

If You Want to Play: Whether you're new or not, I would like to know what you look for in a game, a DM, and other players as well as what you look forward to most in a session/campaign. Bonus points if you're the type to draw the group's characters. If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to ask.

Otherman
April 29th, 2018, 02:42
Player Info

Name: Jonathan

Experience with D&D: 15~20 hours, I usually like to play tanky characters (fighter, paladins etc.) but sometimes I mix it up with a tank/caster hybrid build just to change up the monotony. I don't have much experience RPing but it's certainly an aspect I would love to improve upon. So I do enjoy games with both aspects in them but prefer them a little more combat oriented over story driven because of a lack of confidence.

What do you expect of the game?: I'm pretty flexible when it comes to DMs however I do have a slight preference for those who lean a little more towards sticking to the rules over being more laid back when it comes to game play and conversely I prefer a more laid back style when it comes to table manners.
Availability: I'm available all week 3 pm ~ 11 pm and all day on weekends

Character Info (if available)
I currently don't have any characters prepared.

VisualSnowfall
May 12th, 2018, 01:42
Need 1 more for Tomb of Annihilation.

Bert Blaine
May 12th, 2018, 02:47
Player info

Age 50
male
CST

Long time D&D Player (35+ years)
Proficient with Fantasy grounds
Free 3 out of 4 Thursdays ( on the fourth, I am on call and may need to take a phone call/ or rarely leave..
but don't object to someone playing my character or having my wife take over)

I look for a DM that can engage my imagination, players who are not
AssWagons, and believe in having fun. And a game that will satisfy the need
to be a player, as the job of DMing is not my current "need". But I am "jonesing"
to play.

Any character is on the table, whatever role the party needs, I am sure i can fill.

gm41970
May 12th, 2018, 07:03
Player Info

Name: Jimmy

Experience with D&D: all experience in 5e, 4-6 hours Tabletop, 12 hours in Fantasy Grounds. I play a Dragonborn Ranger though have been interest in Blood hunter class. I enjoy a good mix of role play and combat.

What do you expect of the game? Committed players both to the group and the campaign. Looking for a long term group that can come with engaging characters and stories while taking the game seriously but not themselves. Want a fun group that plays well together and a DM that can keep the story engaging while sticking to the rules (most of the time).

Availability: I'm available Monday through Thursday from 6pm on CST.

Character Info (if available)
I have a young Dragonborn Ranger that is venturing out in to the world having most of his life learning from the few fellow dragonborn outcasts that he could find, in hopes of one day avenging his family on his king (uncle) who ordered the slaughter. He is solemn, withdrawn, but eager to fight and learn the skills necessary to take on his enemies.

Bert Blaine
May 12th, 2018, 23:55
I use Discord but what is (including bgm)

Otherman
May 13th, 2018, 00:24
I think he means there will be music playing during battles or in certain areas of the campaign.

XavierB
May 13th, 2018, 00:30
I use Discord but what is (including bgm)

Background Music

Kanuk
May 13th, 2018, 01:36
I played D&D 30 years ago, but have only a couple of experience on Fantasy Grounds. Since then I learnt much, and I am starting to plan my first campaign as a DM. I very much enjoy the role playing aspect of D&D, and I tend to like thinking campaigns.