PDA

View Full Version : Increase Party Damage to NPC?

sirchibbi
April 27th, 2018, 23:40
One of my players as an ability that makes everyone attacks deal an extra 2d6 damage for the next round. Is there an extension or way to write an effect that does this? I can get it to work for him but not the entire party.

Thanks!

Ken L
April 28th, 2018, 00:53
Add an effect

Special attack name here; DMG: 2d6 slashing

Moon Wizard
April 28th, 2018, 01:33
And give it a duration of 1 round.

Regards,
JPG

sirchibbi
April 28th, 2018, 02:09
Do i have to apply this to all the PCs and have it target the NPC they it affects? Theres not way to make one effect that works on a target thats If this target is attacked deal an extra 2d6?

Thanks

Ken L
April 28th, 2018, 02:25
To all attacking PCs to modify their attacks. There's no effect to augment all 'incoming' attacks with damage, so you have to augment the attacker. It doesn't discriminate targets so it's a blanket 2d6 damage on anything they hit so I'd augment them with the effect just before they attack the target. Or just roll 2d6 in addition to their attack and manually adjust to call it a day.

sirchibbi
April 28th, 2018, 02:29
Ok Thanks I knew you could target effects on a NPC for a Single PC but I wasn't sure if there was a way for all PCs I'll just do a manual 2d6 easy enough Thanks for the replies!

Moon Wizard
April 28th, 2018, 04:11
There is a way to apply an effect with a pre-targeted effect target, but it’s not used often since it gets a little complex. It’s called Third/Three Party Targeting.

I’d have to find where it’s documented. I think it involves both setting token targeting for players, and then shift-dragging effect. Or something like that.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 28th, 2018, 05:29
Okay, just got home to make sure I remembered right.

1. Set up the special ability or spell on the PC Actions tab, and create an effect action for that ability/spell of "DMG: 2d6" for one round.
2. Make sure PC is on combat tracker.
3. Set up targets for that PC to the friendly combatants to which the effect will be applied. (by control clicking tokens or control clicking in tracker)
4. Drag effect from PC Actions tab onto NPC who will take the extra damage.
5. Each friendly combatant will gain an effect of "DMG: 2d6" that only targets that NPC.

Regards,
JPG

Bidmaron
April 28th, 2018, 07:03
You are amazing MW.

sirchibbi
April 28th, 2018, 18:19
Awesome Moon! Thank you