PDA

View Full Version : New Here - Looking for answers

JRock
April 27th, 2018, 23:22
Looking at purchasing this program and have a few questions beforehand. I have been coming the forums and YouTube, so I apologize if I didn't find the answers elsewhere first. I am looking at making custom monsters, armor, weapons, races and a class or two. I couldn't find anything discussing if this is possible and if it is, how hard is it to accomplish. Thanks for your help and patience.

damned
April 28th, 2018, 01:51
Hey JRock what ruleset are you doing this for?
5e in particular makes it pretty easy (although still time consuming) to add the content directly within the app.
You can then also export the data for re-use in your next game.

Other rulesets may not be as good at doing races and classes fully within the ruleset but still completely workable.

damned
April 28th, 2018, 01:54
Look at zacchaeus great video series.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zacchaeus55/videos

JRock
April 28th, 2018, 04:17
Campaign was written for 3.5, mostly done using E-tools. I am converting to 5 for a new group. Thank you for your help.

Hey JRock what ruleset are you doing this for?
5e in particular makes it pretty easy (although still time consuming) to add the content directly within the app.
You can then also export the data for re-use in your next game.

Other rulesets may not be as good at doing races and classes fully within the ruleset but still completely workable.

JRock
April 28th, 2018, 04:18
Thank you for the link, I will be watching those...

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2018, 04:31
When you get more questions, let us know. Also when it's time, I suggest you check the Adventure Creation link in my signature, it will help you avoid some pitfalls.

JRock
April 28th, 2018, 04:57
When you get more questions, let us know. Also when it's time, I suggest you check the Adventure Creation link in my signature, it will help you avoid some pitfalls.

Thank you very much... I will do. Lots to watch read.

JRock
April 28th, 2018, 04:57
Look at zacchaeus great video series.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zacchaeus55/videos

Watch a couple of these.. Lots of help... Thanks

damned
April 28th, 2018, 07:33
Make sure you subscribe to his channel - all his videos are worth watching.
Also give him some Rep when you stumble across zacchaeus in the forums :)

JRock
April 28th, 2018, 23:52
Make sure you subscribe to his channel - all his videos are worth watching.
Also give him some Rep when you stumble across zacchaeus in the forums :)

Will do. Dude is fun to watch. I love his Scotsman...