PDA

View Full Version : DD PHB Deluxe

Teatherwind
April 27th, 2018, 00:19
Somehow I seemed to have overwritten my DD PHB deluxe that was installed from the FG store. I have gone to the updater, logged in with user/pass and hit update thinking that would fix it, and no luck. Then I renamed the file, and tried again, still no luck.

1. How did I write to that module (and overwrite all of the existing data)
2. How do I get it back!?

Zacchaeus
April 27th, 2018, 00:35
Well you can’t overwrite the PHB. And I doubt that you renamed the file either.

Can you just confirm that when you go into your module activation screen that the PHB is not there. Can you also say if the file WOTC5EPHBDELUXE.dat is in the vault folder in your FG data folder.

Teatherwind
April 27th, 2018, 00:58
I have WOTC5EPHBDELUXE.dat in the vault, and it was edited on 4/26/18, and then in the modules I have DD PHB deluxe.mod.

Then in the library, after loading the DD PHB deluxe (missing an icon), it loads but with three entries, a map I dropped in, and two encounters, each with a subset and attached table.

Because of the encounters, that's what made me think that I overwrote the base files for the DD PHB deluxe.

Teatherwind
April 27th, 2018, 01:10
Ahh.. I think that I found it from another post.

ddavison said
"We have seen this once or twice before. If there is a module with the same name in the modules folder, it will take precedence and try to load that. If there is something wrong with the file or it is empty (like is the case if you export the content from the official modules) then you end up with a blank entry and FG doesn't see the actual content to display as a result."

Zacchaeus
April 27th, 2018, 02:15
Indeed. That’s where I was going. I gather you have figured out now to delete the module in the modules folder. I wanted to make sure that you didn’t have another issue before I asked you to delete a file which might not have existed.

Teatherwind
April 27th, 2018, 02:24
Yep, and that seemed to do it.