PDA

View Full Version : Bug in taking "Short Rest" since 3.3.5 ?

Markjan
April 24th, 2018, 14:00
Hello there !

Since the 3.3.5 update it appears that when using the CT function "take short rest", all the active effects vanish from the CT actors !
I precise that I have also done the test onto a brand new campaign witout any loaded extension with the same result...

Am I the only one to get this problem ? Is there any solution ?

Blahness98
April 24th, 2018, 14:01
It depends on the length of effects, but I have noticed that as well. It wiped out a mage armor effect that should last 14 hours.

Markjan
April 24th, 2018, 14:03
Exactly the same for me and my players, Blahness98 :)

LordEntrails
April 24th, 2018, 18:42
Do the effects have duration or is the duration set to 0 (never expire)? I believe if their is any duration on them they are removed, but if they are set to never expire they remain. If I remember correctly, this has always been the behavior. Might be wrong though.

Also note that bugs, or potential bugs, in 5E are best reported in the 5E bugs thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40461-5e-Bug-Reports-(Part-3)

Trenloe
April 24th, 2018, 19:27
Also note that bugs, or potential bugs, in 5E are best reported in the 5E bugs thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40461-5e-Bug-Reports-(Part-3)
That would be fine. Except this is in the Pathfinder/3.5e thread! ;)

Markjan
April 24th, 2018, 21:46
@ LordEntrails : No, it used to work correctly prior to 3.3.5 version; Any duration set on effects was only decreased by 5 mn when taking a short rest... And now they simply disappear, wich is very annoying when traking the spell and other effects duration.
I made some tests, the effects remain when no duration is set, though.

PS As I don't play to D&D5, I don't know if the problem is similar on that ruleset. Should I report there ?

Moon Wizard
April 24th, 2018, 22:01
Markjan,

Thanks for the report. I was able to identify the issue, and I'll schedule a hot fix as part of next Tuesday update cycle.

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
April 24th, 2018, 22:06
Hmm. I just check this in C&C, and it's now broken there as well.

LordEntrails
April 24th, 2018, 22:15
That would be fine. Except this is in the Pathfinder/3.5e thread! ;)
Doh! How did I find myself here?!?! I thought I was in the House of Healing...

Moon Wizard
April 24th, 2018, 22:25
Yes, it occurs in short rests for Pathfinder, 3.5E, C&C, and d20 Modern. Basically, all the d20 game systems based off OGL. I will push mid-version hot fix on next Tuesday morning update.

Regards,
JPG

Markjan
April 24th, 2018, 23:52
Thank you all for your answers :)