PDA

View Full Version : updated for errata?

llothos
April 24th, 2018, 00:25
is the core going to be updated for FAq content. for example the icon theme 1st level ability says increase dc by 5 not decrease.

I just got this this weekend and noticed neither the PDF or this is update fully to some of the issues brought up back in August and throughout the life of the book. I've contacted paizo about updating the PDF but thought I'd ask here for the fg module. I noticed hero lab has this correcte for there character generator.

Salz78
April 27th, 2018, 15:09
I would hope and imagine that it would be.

Trenloe
April 27th, 2018, 15:22
The Fantasy Grounds official products tend to follow the main material that it is tied to - in this case the PDF of the product. So it is usual for FG products to be updated when an official errata come out, usually not just a constantly evolving FAQ.

In the end, this is up to the individual FG developer, with guidance from SmiteWorks.

As far as Paizo updating the PDF - the PDF usually follows the most recent printing of the physical product. So, don't expect an updated PDF from Paizo until they do a second print version.

Having said that, from a personal perspective, it would be nice if the big things in the FAQ are considered for inclusion in the Starfinder ruleset. For example, the starship combat DCs.

Samarex
April 28th, 2018, 00:35
The Fantasy Grounds official products tend to follow the main material that it is tied to - in this case the PDF of the product. So it is usual for FG products to be updated when an official errata come out, usually not just a constantly evolving FAQ.

In the end, this is up to the individual FG developer, with guidance from SmiteWorks.

As far as Paizo updating the PDF - the PDF usually follows the most recent printing of the physical product. So, don't expect an updated PDF from Paizo until they do a second print version.

Having said that, from a personal perspective, it would be nice if the big things in the FAQ are considered for inclusion in the Starfinder ruleset. For example, the starship combat DCs.

I will make sure the Developer knows of the Changes to the DC when he does the Combat section for Starships. and w will make them correct.