PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Maiden Question

iquitous
April 23rd, 2018, 18:06
Not sure if this is the best location to put this, but our group has been playing Dead Suns. We played through the first two modules analog. With the 3rd module we have started using Fantasy Grounds, but we noted there was not tokens for the Sunrise Maiden. Is there any chance that the tokens and other items that carry over from earlier modules might also come with the Fantasy Grounds version of later modules so that we don't have to buy things we already played?

Blahness98
April 23rd, 2018, 19:05
I don't believe there is. From what I have seen, only the tokens from the current part of the AP are included. But, if you have the first two books in the series and have access to the PDFs, it wouldn't be that hard to create a simple token for the ship from the first module.

iquitous
April 23rd, 2018, 19:07
Yeah, that was what I was doing, just hand making a token. I had just hoped for some easy way for campaign level stuff to carry on in each module.

Faelwen
May 2nd, 2018, 14:17
I bought the first AP module yesterday and noticed that the Sunrise Maiden did have a token. Either there has been an update these last few days which added the token, or the token isn’t in the 3rd module, in which case I’d recommend reporting the bug (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports).

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2018, 14:36
I bought the first AP module yesterday and noticed that the Sunrise Maiden did have a token. Either there has been an update these last few days which added the token, or the token isn’t in the 3rd module, in which case I’d recommend reporting the bug (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42165-Starfinder-Ruleset-Official-Products-bug-Reports).
I don't think this is specifically a bug.

All of the details of the Sunrise Maiden are in the first part of the AP. So, that is also where a token is provided - as part of the starship sheet. Tokens are provided, if artwork is available, for startships with their stats in that specific module. Parts 2 and 3 of the AP don't have any information (starship stat sheet, etc.) on the Sunrise Maiden, which is why a token for the Sunrise Maiden isn't provided in the FG conversion of those parts of the AP.

Faelwen
May 2nd, 2018, 16:10
I don't think this is specifically a bug.

All of the details of the Sunrise Maiden are in the first part of the AP. So, that is also where a token is provided - as part of the starship sheet. Tokens are provided, if artwork is available, for startships with their stats in that specific module. Parts 2 and 3 of the AP don't have any information (starship stat sheet, etc.) on the Sunrise Maiden, which is why a token for the Sunrise Maiden isn't provided in the FG conversion of those parts of the AP.

Good point. However, I've noticed in Rise of the Runelords that when artwork wasn't directly provided by the AP, it was taken from other sources such as the Bestiary, or, at the very least, a top-down generic token.

That being said, if a particular AP doesn't even contain the stat sheet or refer to another source, then yes, I would understand why a token wouldn't be provided, probably because the ship itself wouldn't be included.

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2018, 16:18
However, I've noticed in Rise of the Runelords that when artwork wasn't directly provided by the AP, it was taken from other sources such as the Bestiary, or, at the very least, a top-down generic token.
That is because the NPC statblock is in that part of the AP - so an appropriate token is provided as part of the statblock. I only said "if artwork is available" - I didn't say that the artwork had to be within that specific product.

Which is the same reason that there is only a Sunrise Maiden token in part one of the Dead Suns AP - because the ship statistics for the Sunrise Maiden are only included in part 1, so there is only a token with part 1.

That being said, if a particular AP doesn't even contain the stat sheet or refer to another source, then yes, I would understand why a token wouldn't be provided, probably because the ship itself wouldn't be included.
Exactly! :)