PDA

View Full Version : 1 player LFG, Friday Evenings (and others) Eastern, USA general D&D/Pathfinder

gallenger
April 23rd, 2018, 14:56
Hey there,

I'm a fellow living in Indiana in the USA (we're on Eastern time) who is looking for games.

Times Available: The least complicated is Friday evenings, where I'm available from 6-? most every Friday, and any change in that would be known about at least 2 weeks in advance. I am also available for games on Monday (virtually the whole day of Monday to around 1-2AM Eastern), and Wednesdays after 6 PM.

Looking to play: I would be happy to play a one-shot, homebrew, or prebuilt campaign, I just wanna' play.

Rule sets: I would say I'm *fairly* familiar with 5e having played a few sessions IRL and on Fantasy Grounds, I am intimately familiar with 3.5, and would love to try pathfinder. I would also be down to try other rule sets, but you would have to put up with me not knowing much at first (shadowrun, cyberpunk, 2nd edition, and Cthulu are all things I'd like to try) I would be able to read through the rules a bit before playing if given enough notice.

Fantasy Grounds license: I have the standard purchased license.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have played through Lost Mines of Phandelver on Fantasy Grounds and feel like I wouldn't need a *ton* of help after say the first session just to get back in the swing of things (I would also be fine replaying Lost Mines if needed as long as you plan to run more games after Lost Mines).

Play style: I'm happy with any class, and *generally* any alignment/setting - although *super* evil might not appeal as much. I can be fairly outspoken if need be, but I feel like I'm pretty good at turning that down if there are other very talkative players present.

Chat: I am very familiar with discord, mumble, teamspeak, ventrillo, and skype, I do not have a webcam, but I do have a microphone.

Term: I'm OK with whatever, but theoretically would be happy to go on for months.

Availability Changes: I occasionally have to attend functions or stay later at work, but it is always known about 2 weeks in advance and such instances of a changed schedule are fairly rare.

About Me:

I'm a 30 year old dude living in NE Indiana in a swamp. I'm literally an ogre. I work in our county's museum as its curator, and I like to think at least some of the stories I can tell are funny. I started playing D&D when 3.0 was released, and played until around 2009 virtually every weekend from there with several different groups. Sadly, my main group broke up as we moved too far apart post-university, and then our local game store closed 4 years ago and I've been out in the RPG cold since then. I like to think I'm fairly easy going and flexible, I can talk as much or as little as needed, and I'm not wedded to any particular character archetype, and am happy to play any class/race/alignment, etc. I'm happy with generally any type of game experience (social, hack'n'slash, or general mix). I'm OK also with not being super serious all of the time, but if time is limited or the group takes things more seriously I'm fine with that too. I'm also a big fan of the bioware/interplay RPGs and I pretty regularly have to fight the urge to replay baldur's gate or the original fallout for the umpteenth time at least monthly. I played through Lost Mines on Fantasy Grounds, but things came up afterwords and that's where the group stopped.

luckyclover
April 23rd, 2018, 15:27
Hello, We play every Friday from 6-10pm CST. We have been playing together for a few years, but we need another player. The dm has been running games for a good 25 years. We have just started a new set of characters set in the Greyhawk setting. We love to play the game. We laugh and have fun. We use discord and the rules are very easy to learn. Thanks for your time Luckyclover(my favorite cleric of all time)