PDA

View Full Version : Out of the abyss weapons do not show up as items

HappyCerberus
April 22nd, 2018, 19:02
I'm just starting with fantasy grounds, but I have trouble with the content in Out of the Abyss.

Weapons from Out of the Abyss do not show up in the list of items and I can't figure out other way how to add them to a character sheet without manually entering the values (which is annoying). As an example "Hooked Shortspear" which is what Buppido NPC is supposed to start with.

I have similar issue with traits. They are just text blocks and they can't be drag&dropped.

LordEntrails
April 22nd, 2018, 19:06
Hey Happy, welcome to the forums!

I don't have OotA, but someone will be along shortly to help you out. Just give them a few :)

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2018, 19:38
Welcome to the forums!

It isn't standard practice to provide item records for all of the weapons and equipment that NPCs carry. Whereas it is usually possible to get draggable item records from library modules, this isn't always the case.

I agree that the "derro weapons" section of Buppido does describe weapons that would be nice to have as item records. Hopefully the product dev will agree too! :)

Zacchaeus
April 22nd, 2018, 22:20
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Buppido is an NPC and his weapons and traits are unique to him (or to other Derro); they're not supposed to be available to player characters.

However since the notes do go into sufficient detail that the weapons could be included; I'll take a note to add them in a future update.

On the subject of traits can you expand on what it is you want to do?

HappyCerberus
April 22nd, 2018, 22:31
So originally I just wanted to upgrade the NPCs to characters, since they are pretty annoying to manage long term as NPCs (and I do plan to have most of the NPCs to stick with the party, they are currently in Chapter 2).

However after starting with that I actually went with a full conversion to proper classes using this guide: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/212901/A-Motley-Crew-The-Velkynvelve-Prisoners-as-PCs-for-Out-of-the-Abyss

Zacchaeus
April 22nd, 2018, 22:43
I see. Well if you are creating classes I assume that you are using FG to create the classes (hopefully in a separate campaign from the one you are running) and exporting to a module. I don't have that pdf but I assume that you would just copy/paste the abilities from there into FG. You can also copy the NPC (Buppido for example) and unlock the copy and copy/paste the abilities into your own class. As Trenloe said above though the abilities of an NPC aren't drag/droppable and there isn't really a way to do it any more elegantly than copy/pasting.

Also just in case you don't know you can give the player characters the NPCs to play. Add the NPC to the CT and then make it friendly. Drag the NPC from the CT to the map and then drag the NPC (using the shield or dragon head icon) from the CT and drop it on the character portrait of the player you want to give the NPC too. The player will now have full control of the NPC and can move it/make attacks etc.

Bonkon
April 23rd, 2018, 19:25
Also just in case you don't know you can give the player characters the NPCs to play. Add the NPC to the CT and then make it friendly. Drag the NPC from the CT to the map and then drag the NPC (using the shield or dragon head icon) from the CT and drop it on the character portrait of the player you want to give the NPC too. The player will now have full control of the NPC and can move it/make attacks etc.

Good Day All :)
Just to keep this clear for my old befuddled mind, when you say "Portrait" you do not mean the token on the map but the portrait at the top of the screen, correct? :)

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2018, 19:33
Good Day All :)
Just to keep this clear for my old befuddled mind, when you say "Portrait" you do not mean the token on the map but the portrait at the top of the screen, correct? :)
Correct. In Fantasy Grounds Portraits and Tokens are two different things. The portrait is what is shown on the top left of the desktop when a player is controlling a PC.