PDA

View Full Version : Chat window fonts

Ezio
April 22nd, 2018, 16:49
I'm working on a font color extension that builds off off my Notebook paper theme (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43455-5E-Notebook-Paper-theme&p=386626#post386626) and I feel it's at 99% complete. I'm just running into one hiccup. When the players/round ends it pumps a message to the chat window stating turn/round has ended. It uses the font "narratorfont" same as if the GM posts in story mode and I know how to change that color. I want to have the Player/Turn notification be one font and story be a different.

I've found where I can change this at in the CoreRPG\scripts\manage_combat.lua. Since this lua is linked to multiple different lua files from the CoreRPG and 5E Rulesets I have to package up these files as well. I would prefer to not send all the extra lua files that haven't been touched. Is there a different file, xml perhaps, that can alter this font?

shadzar
April 22nd, 2018, 17:13
graphics_fonts.xml

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2018, 17:44
Do "Find in files" (assuming you're using an editor that can do this, and have extracted the rulesets you're working on to a temporary directory) for the font definition with the name of the specific font you're interested in. Details on the font definitions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/font.xcp

Ezio
April 23rd, 2018, 22:06
It's not graphics_fonts.xml. That's where the fonts are instantiated.

@trenloe, I've looked though all the files and the only occurrence is in the manager_combat.lua, which, seems to have dependencies to other lua files. I may be able to redirect the button click event to a different script.. I'll try this rabbit hole for now. Thank you.

Ken L
April 23rd, 2018, 22:11
What you're looking for is in scripts/manager_combat.lua Look for the end of round and turn notification functions.

edit: whoop, looks like you found it already, good luck.

Ezio
April 25th, 2018, 12:37
What I've ended up doing what inverting the colors of the storybox.png frame. That allowed the white narratorfont to work in all cases without having to edit any CoreRPG or 5E lua files. Thank you all for the input!