PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Notebook Paper theme

Ezio
April 22nd, 2018, 16:32
Created notebook paper theme.

Github releases (https://github.com/lambersond/NotebookTheme/releases)

Update (08SEP18): Moved files and releases to Github (https://github.com/lambersond/NotebookTheme)
Update (04FEB19): Updated for v1.0.5 -- sizeup/sizedown buttons on images now work properly with extension.
Update (12MAY19): Updated for v1.0.6 -- Chat window size max goes to infinity.. and beyond, library window now properly shows export button for host.
Update (02JUN19): Updated for v1.1.0 -- Sizeup/Sizedown images updated, coffee stain no longer anchored to dice tower, dice tower updated with Art Wendorf's (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?4267-Art-Wendorf) amazing image.
Update (15MAR20): Updated for v1.1.1 -- Updated for FG update 3.3.9 onLockStateChanged method, updated load order to work better with DOE Sounds.
Update (30AUG20): Updated for v1.2.0 -- Added asset icon and updated tokenbag background img

Yujin
April 28th, 2018, 13:41
Wow its cool!

rob2e
April 28th, 2018, 20:45
I love this!

Szabtom
April 28th, 2018, 20:55
Nice!

BubbaGrim
April 28th, 2018, 21:08
Really nice, does it support any of the DOE extensions? (I'm not on my FG computer or I would test it)

Ezio
April 28th, 2018, 22:36
I haven't tested it with any of the DOE extension yet :/

rob2e
July 10th, 2018, 20:27
It took me over 30 minutes to REFIND this because several people were asking me about it. I LOVE THIS THEME! But might I suggest renaming it from "Dailies & Dragons" to something like "Notebook Paper Theme", so that people can find it? ThanX!

Smoltok
August 2nd, 2018, 10:41
It didn't work anymore with 3.3.6 !

Ezio
August 3rd, 2018, 02:00
It didn't work anymore with 3.3.6 !

I'll take a look at it once home from travel, next week. Did it produce any errors? I'm also going to be renaming the extension, based off 27rob2e's suggestion. I hope to have it resolved by 11 August.

joshuahdudley
August 4th, 2018, 03:20
These were the errors I saw when I tried to open the combat tracker

Ezio
August 5th, 2018, 03:32
These were the errors I saw when I tried to open the combat tracker

Thank you for the screenshot, I was able to pin point where it was failing and fix it. The original post has been updated with the newest version of the extension (v1.0.2).

When you're selecting extensions, it will show as 5E Theme - Notebook paper

If any other bugs/issues are found, let me know and I'll work to get them resolved; or if there are just suggestions,

v/r

Ezio

joshuahdudley
August 5th, 2018, 06:38
This is easily the best theme I've seen. Thanks so much for the quick fix!

lindy_marine
August 7th, 2018, 00:04
Where can I download this extension?

LordEntrails
August 7th, 2018, 00:06
Where can I download this extension?
The very first post. If you do not see the link, make sure;
1) you are viewing the full and not mobile site
2) set the theme (bottom left corner) to "FG Responsive"

lindy_marine
August 7th, 2018, 00:20
The very first post. If you do not see the link, make sure;
1) you are viewing the full and not mobile site
2) set the theme (bottom left corner) to "FG Responsive"

Perfect, that worked! Thank you!

Stuggesjoerd
September 30th, 2018, 08:56
Great on the update!

Phithis
November 26th, 2018, 18:38
Thanks! I love this look. Reminds me of the old blotters people used to have on their desks.

4wire
February 4th, 2019, 15:25
Looks like the 3.3.7 full screen feature is not compatible with the theme...

Ezio
February 5th, 2019, 01:00
Looks like the 3.3.7 full screen feature is not compatible with the theme...

Updated and pushed a new release on Github, and closed your open issue; also updated original post w/ v1.0.5.

I left the chat window on top of the maximized image, this can be updated if people don't like the look/feel of it. I thought it would be nice since the dice are also on top as well, but that's my personal preference.

Art Wendorf
May 11th, 2019, 17:22
I noticed that I can't make the chat window as wide as the Combat tracker (to stack them and make it sorta seamless). Am I missing something?

PS: My favorite theme so far! Great Work!

scribyll
May 11th, 2019, 20:17
I have also noticed that the Export button is missing from the Library window. Is this intentional?

Other than that, great theme. My players' favorite theme.

Ezio
May 12th, 2019, 15:25
I noticed that I can't make the chat window as wide as the Combat tracker (to stack them and make it sorta seamless). Am I missing something?

PS: My favorite theme so far! Great Work!

I have also noticed that the Export button is missing from the Library window. Is this intentional?

Other than that, great theme. My players' favorite theme.

I've updated for both these issues in v1.0.6 (https://github.com/lambersond/NotebookTheme/releases/tag/v1.0.6).

Art Wendorf
May 19th, 2019, 00:07
Thanks!

mattekure
May 19th, 2019, 01:54
Is there any chance you could have the coffee stain not anchored to the position of the dice tower? I like the dice tower moved over by the dice, but when I do that, the coffee stain covers part of the chat.

Ezio
May 21st, 2019, 12:58
Is there any chance you could have the coffee stain not anchored to the position of the dice tower? I like the dice tower moved over by the dice, but when I do that, the coffee stain covers part of the chat.

I'll add this to the todo list.

Art Wendorf
May 21st, 2019, 13:10
Quick questions which shouldn't add to your workload (heh): What font are you using for your Side Bar Buttons Labels? I'm creating a dice tower that matches the theme of the sidebar.

Ezio
May 21st, 2019, 13:50
Quick questions which shouldn't add to your workload (heh): What font are you using for your Side Bar Buttons Labels? I'm creating a dice tower that matches the theme of the sidebar.

All fonts being used are located here (https://github.com/lambersond/NotebookTheme/tree/master/graphics/fonts). The font you I believe you are looking specifically for is called MrsEavesSmallCaps_Regular.

Art Wendorf
May 23rd, 2019, 12:25
Thank you so much! Keep up the wonderful work. I certainly appreciate it!

Art Wendorf
May 26th, 2019, 15:49
Just thought I'd share a screen capture of the Dice Tower I made for your wonderful theme.

Again: Thanks!

mattekure
May 26th, 2019, 18:33
Just thought I'd share a screen capture of the Dice Tower I made for your wonderful theme.

Again: Thanks!

Thats a nice tower. I wish that were included in the ext :D

Art Wendorf
May 27th, 2019, 10:46
Thank you. Here are the two images used.

Keep in mind that none of this would be possible without Ezio's work.

Ezio
May 27th, 2019, 13:13
Thank you. Here are the two images used.

Keep in mind that none of this would be possible without Ezio's work.

Would you mind if I add in your dice tower into the extension?

If you're familiar with github feel free to add a pull request. I think it'd be a great addition :)

Art Wendorf
May 28th, 2019, 13:18
Would you mind if I add in your dice tower into the extension?I'd be honored. Really. Love the theme.

Ezio
June 2nd, 2019, 17:20

Both of these requests have been completed in v1.1.0. See first post or github releases for .ext download

mattekure
June 2nd, 2019, 17:47
Thank you!.

I noticed an issue with resizing the chat box in v1.1.0. when I unlock it and resize it, the window behaves strangely. Adjusting it vertically causes it to adjust width as well. trying to adjust its width shows odd behavior as well. it grows wider faster than the mouse movement and it refuses to shrink back much.

Kalua
June 2nd, 2019, 18:50
Thank you!.

I noticed an issue with resizing the chat box in v1.1.0. when I unlock it and resize it, the window behaves strangely. Adjusting it vertically causes it to adjust width as well. trying to adjust its width shows odd behavior as well. it grows wider faster than the mouse movement and it refuses to shrink back much.

Do you use DOE Sound extension? I logged an issue on the Github which sounds similar and I found was related to DOE Sound + 1.0.6 or 1.1.0 of this extensions.

mattekure
June 2nd, 2019, 21:43
Do you use DOE Sound extension? I logged an issue on the Github which sounds similar and I found was related to DOE Sound + 1.0.6 or 1.1.0 of this extensions.

I do use DOE Sound. So far its just a minor annoyance as I can eventually get it the size I want, then lock it. It seems an odd combo to cause an issue though.

Ezio
June 2nd, 2019, 22:02
I'll look into it. I haven't used any DOE extensions so I'll need to get those and begin testing.

Ezio
June 2nd, 2019, 22:24
I do use DOE Sound. So far its just a minor annoyance as I can eventually get it the size I want, then lock it. It seems an odd combo to cause an issue though.

Can you and @Kalua test this extension. The chat window isn't finicky anymore; however I adjusted the load order of my extension so the sound extension would go second. I'm not sure how the sound extension is suppose to work and would like at least one to validate it still works as intended w/ this change.

Kalua
June 3rd, 2019, 02:26
Can you and @Kalua test this extension. The chat window isn't finicky anymore; however I adjusted the load order of my extension so the sound extension would go second. I'm not sure how the sound extension is suppose to work and would like at least one to validate it still works as intended w/ this change.

Just did a quick test and don't have horizontal auto-expansion anymore and also horizontal resizing seems more proper.

I don't have time to put it through more paces right now, sorry. Thank you!

Kalua
June 3rd, 2019, 02:29

It was one of the last extensions I tested removing to fix the problem because I didn't imagine them related either -- but then I remembered that Auto Sounds use chat monitoring so I suspect that is where the crossover occurs.

Kalua
June 11th, 2019, 00:45
Just did a quick test and don't have horizontal auto-expansion anymore and also horizontal resizing seems more proper.

I don't have time to put it through more paces right now, sorry. Thank you!
@Ezio
Have had nearly 6 hours of real gameplay with the beta extension loaded, no issues noted.
Thanks again.

thefile
August 9th, 2019, 21:38
I enjoy the Notepaper theme. The one thing I could see to improve it would be to have a variant that would simulate a graph paper surface, maybe with partially erased dungeon map fragment or two along with the coffee stain....

thundermoon69
October 2nd, 2019, 21:17
i am having problems with the github downloads there is no ext file at all do i use the file from here

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2019, 00:21
i am having problems with the github downloads there is no ext file at all do i use the file from here
With github you can not right click Save As. That will download the webpage not the file. On the page their should be a link/button called "Download" use that, and only that. Or is it a different issue?

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2019, 01:14
Click on the "Github releases" link in post #1 - this takes you to a page where there is a link to the v1.1.0 extension (in the Assets section).

Or, you can download the extension right from the attachment in post #1.

brunocalado
November 22nd, 2019, 17:24
Script Error: [string ""]:1: attempt to set a value for an invalid handler 'onLockChanged'

Anyone is having this error too?

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2019, 17:32
Script Error: [string ""]:1: attempt to set a value for an invalid handler 'onLockChanged'

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52288-Error-ruleset&p=464043&viewfull=1#post464043

Art Wendorf
March 19th, 2020, 11:40
It might just be me, but there is no text within the scrolls at the top of each window when using FGU. I realize that you might not be aiming at FGU, but thought I should bring it up just in case.

Still most excellent!

Ezio
March 19th, 2020, 12:48
It might just be me, but there is no text within the scrolls at the top of each window when using FGU. I realize that you might not be aiming at FGU, but thought I should bring it up just in case.

Still most excellent!

I'll note this issue as bug, but you are correct in I haven't been targeting FGU quite yet. Was waiting for their official release.

Can you provide screenshot of error on FGU vs FG classic?

JayceStorm
March 19th, 2020, 18:57
Checking if there has been any movement on addressing the script error? I just skip past it but was curious if it will be fixed in FGC or FGU?

Ezio
March 19th, 2020, 20:09
Checking if there has been any movement on addressing the script error? I just skip past it but was curious if it will be fixed in FGC or FGU?

The script error in v1.1 of the theme is resolved in v1.1.1 that was released on 15 March 2020. Check first post or Github (https://github.com/lambersond/NotebookTheme/releases) for latest releases.

JayceStorm
March 21st, 2020, 23:07
I just installed the latest version from GitHub and the error message has gone away (YAY!). However, I notice that none of my windows have any headings, they are all blank (see attached).

Ezio
March 21st, 2020, 23:56
I just installed the latest version from GitHub and the error message has gone away (YAY!). However, I notice that none of my windows have any headings, they are all blank (see attached).

Okay, I'll look into this.

Ezio
March 22nd, 2020, 00:01

I've just loaded up v1.1.1 and all my windows are displaying their titles. Are you using any other extensions with this one?

JayceStorm
March 22nd, 2020, 18:29
I've just loaded up v1.1.1 and all my windows are displaying their titles. Are you using any other extensions with this one?
I was using several extensions so I just loaded this extension along with the Decal extension for my campaign, and I'm still getting not titles.

I'm also running this in FGU so I'm not sure if that is the main issue.

Smoltok
March 22nd, 2020, 23:29
I have these error currently :

Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua"]:21: attempt to call field 'updateBackColor' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (Extension: NotebookTheme-v1.1.1) (ps/scripts/ps_statusbar.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (ps/scripts/ps_statusbar.lua)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (Extension: NotebookTheme-v1.1.1) (ps/scripts/ps_statusbar.lua)

Any clue ?

Ezio
March 23rd, 2020, 13:43
I was using several extensions so I just loaded this extension along with the Decal extension for my campaign, and I'm still getting not titles.

I'm also running this in FGU so I'm not sure if that is the main issue.

Jayce, there has been another user report this same issue w/ FGU. I'm not currently on FGU yet. If I get time to start deving for FGU I'll look into this issue.

I am curious about one thing, if you use v1.1.0 do the titles show?

I have these error currently :

Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_mainitem.lua"]:21: attempt to call field 'updateBackColor' (a nil value)

Any clue ?

I'm sorry, I haven't seen those issues at all. Are you using FGU or FG Classic and what other extensions are you loading with this one?

JayceStorm
March 24th, 2020, 15:30
Jayce, there has been another user report this same issue w/ FGU. I'm not currently on FGU yet. If I get time to start deving for FGU I'll look into this issue.

I am curious about one thing, if you use v1.1.0 do the titles show?

Yes, In FGC the titles are showing with no problem.

Smoltok
April 21st, 2020, 16:17
Notebook extension made an issue with the AudioOverseer Extension ! ( problem with chat box ! )

Ezio
April 21st, 2020, 17:51
Notebook extension made an issue with the AudioOverseer Extension ! ( problem with chat box ! )

This is problem a load order, I'll add it to the bug list and look into it.

Ticket Tracking (https://github.com/lambersond/NotebookTheme/issues/7)

Rilmarion
June 18th, 2020, 02:13
This theme FGU usable?

Ezio
June 18th, 2020, 15:47
This theme FGU usable?

You can use it on FGU. There was an issue w/ window titles not displaying (https://github.com/lambersond/NotebookTheme/issues/6), but that seems to fixed itself w/ a FGU update.

CyberArcanist
August 29th, 2020, 14:26
Hi. I'm having this issue when loading the theme on FGU v4.0.0 (2020-08-26):

[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [ct\template_ct.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [ps\template_ps.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [utility\utility_modifiers.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [utility\template_utility.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [graphics\graphics_fonts.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [graphics\graphics_buttons.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [graphics\graphics_icons.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [graphics\graphics_frames.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [desktop\desktop_panels.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [desktop\desktop_classes.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [desktop\template_desktop.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [campaign\template_campaign.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [campaign\template_char.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [common\template_common.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [common\template_records.xml]
[8/29/2020 9:20:53 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Unable to locate extension file. [NotebookTheme-v1.1.2] [common\template_windows.xml]

I tried disabling all other extensions to see if that fixed the issue but it didn't work. Any idea what this could be?

Ezio
August 30th, 2020, 17:16
Hi. I'm having this issue when loading the theme on FGU v4.0.0 (2020-08-26):

I tried disabling all other extensions to see if that fixed the issue but it didn't work. Any idea what this could be?

I'm not exactly sure what the cause of this malfunction is, but I'm thinking it is how the new version of FGU v4.0 is sourcing the extension. Because when I unzipped the extension and loaded it then everything worked fine.

Temporary solution: Unzip the extension file (.ext) and then relaunch FGU and load in the extension. I'll update orginal post and github w/ a new version shortly.

See attached update.

JayceStorm
September 17th, 2020, 00:11
Having the same problem that CyberArcanist is experiencing in FGU and tried unzipping the EXT file did NOT fix the problems. Any other suggestions on making this work in FGU?

Ezio
September 17th, 2020, 01:31
Did you pull the latest release?

JayceStorm
September 17th, 2020, 03:00
Did you pull the latest release?

Yes the 1.2.0 version.

Ezio
September 17th, 2020, 12:45
Okay, I'd clear out all older versions from your ext folder, then Unzip the 1.2.0 folder and relaunch FGU. This worked for me locally.

I need to look back this issue with how it's zipping the folder. I've tried the built-in windows, send to > zip and 7z zip. Both are producing same results where FGU cannot read the .ext file, but FGC can.

JayceStorm
September 17th, 2020, 17:49
To make sure I'm clear, we delete the 1.2.0.ext file, then extract the file and it's folders into the \\extension folder? How will FG know that there is an extension to load if it is just the folders/files?

JayceStorm
September 17th, 2020, 17:59
Okay, got it working with unzipping it and then recopying the .ext file into the folder.

NuclearMonkey
February 17th, 2021, 23:51
It looks like this extension is now generating the following error post the latest ruleset update:

[2/17/2021 6:35:09 PM] s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sToolTip' = s'sidebar_tooltip_moduleselection', s'sRecord' = s'moduleselection' }
[2/17/2021 6:35:09 PM] s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sButtonCustomText' = s'Setup', s'sToolTip' = s'menu_setup_tooltip', s'sRecord' = s'setup' }
[2/17/2021 6:35:09 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_gmidentity.lua"]:98: attempt to index field 'speaker' (a nil value)
[2/17/2021 6:35:09 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:432: attempt to call field 'setRecordType' (a nil value)
[2/17/2021 6:35:09 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:386: attempt to call field 'setData' (a nil value)

JayceStorm
February 21st, 2021, 17:10
Having the same problem. Have to use a different Theme to get any of the right-side buttons to work. I hope this is an easy fix, looking forward to using this again in the near future.

NuclearMonkey
February 21st, 2021, 18:56
If you use the better menus extension, you’ll still get the error but everything will work. Plus, you’ll get more screen real estate.

Norgewalk
February 22nd, 2021, 22:23
Having the same issue, only seeing these three lines of error when only this extension is running:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:432: attempt to call field 'setRecordType' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:386: attempt to call field 'setData' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gmidentity.lua"]:98: attempt to index field 'speaker' (a nil value)

and the menu on the right does not display.

Would help fix it if I was able. This is my favorite theme.

Norgewalk
February 25th, 2021, 22:29
I wanted to keep using this even with the change to the buttons with our game today so my MVP was just to get the background to display and not worry about any other part of the theme for now.
This quick-fix only loads the background image (it still follows the nine slices rules like before with the grey sidebar background)

Doesn't have any conflicts with any of the other extensions I am running. It's a good bandaid fix for now.