PDA

View Full Version : NPC Inventory Tab

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 01:39
I was talking to a friend the other day and behold we asked ourselves why the npcs does not have an inventory tab, this would be very cool and practical, because we could designate what Donkey is carrying for example, and we would have more space in the inventory of the player and the master and even the players through the sharing would have a better control ...

JohnD
April 22nd, 2018, 03:09
I don't use GURPS, but this would be nice for pretty well every ruleset.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 03:27
It was exactly what we thought, but in the case we had this idea in a game of DnD and I was able to do it so far, but still can not drag the drop items for this inventory :(
I believe I need some script?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 03:35
If I can or better, now I need help to get the items drag n drop :(

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 04:26
Extension that adds the inventory tab to the NPC, now running grace to Celestian.

celestian
April 22nd, 2018, 05:44
Are you guys talking about CoreRPG and/or 5E ruleset allowing inventory tab?

I did this with AD&D Core (based on 5e originally) and it took a bit of hacking to the manager_item.lua from CoreRPG as well several others. I eventually got it to work and also made it so I could drag/drop the npc in the Parcels window so that the npc inventory was dropped their... also could drag/drop a encounter sheet into the parcel list and it go through all npcs and put their inventory in the parcel list.

So, it's possible but if you're talking about C&C and Savageworlds... I've no clue about their ruleset mechanics.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 06:21
At first this idea came up for the same 5E, but it would be interesting to have this function in all rulesets, I'll take a look at the files that you indicated :)

Intruder
April 22nd, 2018, 11:12
celestian, would this be an extension that is available?
The concept sounds very useful.

Ken L
April 22nd, 2018, 13:49
From my experience, it's easier to develop a locker like extension. Rather than giving NPCs an inventory, create a new 'storage' space called donkey that you can drag/drop items into from party or player inventories. I've been using a personal extension for my sci-fi game that lets players split inventory with what's on their person, their ship locker, personal locker, as well as even storing weapons away in a briefcase to be fetched later (infiltration).

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 15:16
Finally after Celestian indicates the path, the drag function of the items has been added: D
But a friend asked:
If I add for example a Frostbrand to an Orc this item goes to his Action and if I add some armor to some creature it will change the AC of it, testing I saw it not but would like to know if this is possible if possible How would you do it?
I need a lot of help because I do not know anything about programming everything is done on the basis of stubbornness ...

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 15:50
Ken L. can you share this "extension" with us?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 22nd, 2018, 17:35
It is possible to remove the read-only from an NPC shared with the Player, I am asking because I believe that it would be easy for the player to edit the inventory of his mount, another thing I noticed is that moving the item from one to another does not decrease or move the item from one inventory to another, would that be possible?

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2018, 17:50
It is possible to remove the read-only from an NPC shared with the Player, I am asking because I believe that it would be easy for the player to edit the inventory of his mount..
If you want a player to edit the details of their mount then it is better adding that as a PC that the player can have full control over.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2018, 18:29
It is possible to remove the read-only from an NPC shared with the Player, I am asking because I believe that it would be easy for the player to edit the inventory of his mount...
This is currently being discussed in Discord.

celestian
April 22nd, 2018, 19:02
At first this idea came up for the same 5E, but it would be interesting to have this function in all rulesets, I'll take a look at the files that you indicated :)

Easy way to catch a lot of it is to look for "charsheet" in the manager_item file and anywhere that is you need also "npc" more than likely. You could diff the manager_item_CoreRPG.lua in AD&D Core against the CoreRPG version and see most of those changes.

celestian, would this be an extension that is available?
The concept sounds very useful.

No, I wrote the changes into the AD&D Core ruleset. It certainly could be.

Ken L
April 22nd, 2018, 19:32
Ken L. can you share this "extension" with us?

It is currently private. I had a raft of private extensions break recently due to an update. I'm not of the mind to manage or maintain public extensions, I tend to update them on my own time table.