PDA

View Full Version : Question on the 5E effects Wiki

Bonkon
April 20th, 2018, 23:50
Good Day All :)
Last week I started DM'ing on FG for the first time. Luckily I lurk on the message boards way more than I probably should :D
I was trying to set up our Warlock with a Hex spell and I recalled there being a command for setting an effect that would only work if a certain word was in the effects of the target. After wracking my brain I went to the Wiki to try and find it. I did not see it there but finally remembered the "CUSTOM (Word)" command and after I messed with it a bit it finally worked.

So after all that, I was wondering how/who would update the Wiki on the 5E effects list :)

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2018, 00:52
We've talked about that recently....

The current and former answer has always been to type up your changes and send it to one of the forum moderators (immortals).

But, I also recently volunteered to try to make this easier. Though I haven't done much more than think about it at this point.

So... you can do it the old/current way, or if you would like help, let me know and we can figure it out together.

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2018, 09:18
If you look really hard at the list of examples at the bottom you will see an example of the CUSTOM keyword in the 'Oathbow'. Or you could watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzsFmKcBTnk&feature=youtu.be). I updated the Wiki yesterday actually with a couple of things and forgot, once again, that the CUSTOM function is not really mentioned anywhere. If I get the chance I'll do that today since you have reminded me.

EDIT: Wiki updated to include details on the CUSTOM key word

Bonkon
April 21st, 2018, 19:24
Good Day All :)
Awesome on both LordEntrails and Zacchaeus! I was going to reply to LordEntrails today that I would be more than happy to offer any assistance with my meager skills but, as always, the people on this board are amazing :)