PDA

View Full Version : Spells slots that should not be there - Ranger 7th

*Neuro*
April 20th, 2018, 14:42
Hello.

Sorry Idon't know if this is the correct place for this question, anyway:

I am a DM and I have a ranger 7th level that should have spell slots up to 2nd level.

It appears as having also slots of higher level.

Is this a bug? Did anyone report also this problem with ranger's spell slots visible?

Thank you and bye from Italy

JohnD
April 20th, 2018, 15:17
You can remove them manually.

Trenloe
April 20th, 2018, 15:21
Welcome to the forums *Neuro*

Whereas, yes, you can remove them manually. If they have been created incorrectly, it will be good to know the reason why.

How was this PC created? Did you drag/drop the ranger class from a data module or enter the class manually? If you used a data module, which one?

Can yuo provide a screenshot showing the problem PC?

*Neuro*
April 21st, 2018, 11:47
So, 7th level d&d 5e ranger. He should have four first level slots and and 3 second level slots.

However, the sheet displays:

- Four first level slots
- Four second level slots
- Five third level slots.

Why?

*Neuro*
April 21st, 2018, 11:49

Here above screenshot

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2018, 12:46
There are a number of possible explanations. First the user could simply have edited the number of spells slot. Second the user could have been playing about with adding in another class first before creating the Ranger and then didn't delete everything properly that didn't relate to the Ranger. Or they may have dragged in many more levels of Ranger and then and then manually removed levels but left the spell slots. I have tested this and dragging in 7 levels of Ranger gives the correct number of spell slots.

damned
April 21st, 2018, 13:08
Recreate the character sheet. It will take no more than 5 minutes.

SirGraystone
April 21st, 2018, 15:17
Or if you look at the bottom left where it say Mode: Standard, click on standard until it say "Preparation" then you'll be able to edit the number of spell slots.