PDA

View Full Version : LFP (3-4) 5E D&D Campaign in PST (Washington State) Long Term, Isles of Azurewraith

bigfisch1019
April 19th, 2018, 05:48
FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite
Game System: 5E D&D

Time Zone: PST
Day of week and time: I’m available evenings and weekends, but depends on player availability
If new game, planned start date: Gauging interest and responses, willing to start 2 weeks after finding a good group, probably middle of May.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Twice a month with story on the off weeks, sessions 2-5 hours
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Mix of both ok
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Prefer more RP to Combat, but really depends on group and players.
Number of Players in game & needed: I have 1, need another 3-4
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 noobs
Character restrictions: No volos, no unearthed, No assadins, basically no munchkins/power gamers, not a huge fan of druids either…

Details of your scenario: Small continent / large island home brewed world. Steampunk / deep magic themes. Ideally everyone will pick a class/race they want to play, imagine their character, and hopefully give me a background story to get into the role. I like the concept of epic fantasy where the characters start out small and humble and eventually evolve into the players ideals for class fantasy. I have the concept, then will tailor the campaign to the players. I'll create a big sand box, the individuals can figure out how they want to play in it. I believe in a high level of player freedom, so usually have a main story but give my players the freedom to do whatever they want within the game universe.

A little about me: My name is Rob and I am 42 years old. I started playing D&D back in the red box days but spent a lot of years of my youth playing second edition. I played 3rd for four years I was stationed in Illinois, and then had a long break last year. I had a really good FG campaign in Japan but moved back USA a few months ago and looking to start again.. I have also played WOD, Rifts, Shadowrun, and MMO's. I'm big into story telling with my players as the stars of the story. I like to have a classic fantasy experience but also enjoy out of the box thinking. Typically in my campaigns more XP is given for RP and ideas then fighting, but really depends on the group.

**Also***

What do you expect from players as a GM? Be on time and ready. If you can't make it, let me know in advance. The point of the game is to have fun. Don't have fun at the expense of other players.
What do you not want? rules lawyers, combat monsters, min/max, PVP.
Any warnings or disclaimers: I'm not out to get my players. I don't like having to pause the flow of the game to argue about a rule. I'm here to tell a story and moderate. Be ready to interact and have a good player vs. environment experience. (not players vs. dm) If you are looking for heavy combat / slogging through dungeons for epic loot, try WOW
You can PM me on Discord, CountZero#8597.

For those who are unsure if they are a munchkin or do not know what one is, please check out attached link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchk...playing_games)

Shaping up to be epic!!!

Link to Gamecalendar page: No Calendar yet, might do one when I find folks.

Hopefully get some players, thanks!

Sample adventure summary previous campaign:

Prologue
The 13th graduating class gathers in the amphitheater, which is covered in ritual runes. They are greeted by the God-Queen Amelia herself, who congratulates them and turns the stage over to the most enchanting elf woman they have ever seen. She bestows upon them a vision of a great red wyrm, which they combat over a great mountain fastness in an epic battle. Casting the great dragons smoking corpse ‘pon the mountainside, they emerge from the vision victorious and ecstatic.

Returning to the banquet hall, Llewela fends of the feisty gnome while trying to recruit the recent graduates to her cause, spouting about some “great calamity.” Joined by the Midnight Stallion, the group heads to the “Q,” which has heretofore been barred to them.

At the “Q” they encounter the same enchanting elf wench, Elefrin, and Varin is proffered a strange coin with a death’s head visage. Placing the coin in a slot machine, he wins 100gp and the group imbibes strange nuts which cause an existential hallucination (except for Llewelan) and they traipse down to the docks.

There they take a rowboat and promptly pass out. Upon awakening, they see the following:
Everyone in the boat is covered in blood. Elefrin sits between you and the fighter. Her throat is slit ear to ear and has multiple stab wounds on her body. Two silver coins cover her eyes. You don’t immediately see the weapon that caused the murder, though it could be anywhere in the blood. The amount of blood seems amazing, like her entire body exploded all over the boat and your companions. The ocean is unusually calm. Under the blood you see runes in a language that you do not recognize carved into the boat.
Noting that there is WAY too much blood for a corpse this size, and that the octopus tattoo is now missing, Llewela begins rowing to the dock. After some debate as to this course of action, she heads to the Isle of Dead to dispose of the corpse.

Contacting the wizard Gilnexus, an acquaintance of Seebu, the party is ridiculed as children who are overreacting.
Gearing up, the party returns to the Q and discovers the existence of an underground city. Leaving their weapons, they proceed into “Undertown.” This is a neutral territory ruled by cats, replete with a trade district and pleasure baths.

At the bottom of the stairs they encounter Sir Dethclaus, a white sourcat. After some proper scritches, they pump the ***** for information. The cat relays the name of Karadar Darkblade, who resides in the trade district of Undertown. To win the cat’s favor, Midnight sings a glorious song and the adventurers venture further into the murk.
In the trade district, there is mention of a region even further down, under Undertown.

Reaching an iron door with a coin slot, which opens onto a doorway after the insertion (and subsequent retrieval) of a death-head coin. Descending via an enormous spiral staircase, they enter a bar, tended to by a smartly dressed tiefling. The contact Karadar sits in a corner, surrounded by shadows which twist and conceal.
He divulges that the party was placed under a Geas, though it differs from the normal enchantment employed by the city colleges. Revealing the door to Elefrin’s chambers, they discover a message in infernal written on skin, which Varin translates to “The blood of the martyr, slain by the innocents, shall awaken our lord – Ozmodeus” which is revealed to be a passage from the Demon’s Bible.

The party’s Geas is broken upon translating the verbiage, and they remember with horrifying clarity murdering Elefrin with daggers, after she pronounced that it was “time to die.”
Karridar reveals that Elifar had gone to Pirates Cove and was not the same upon her return. While the Shadow Enclave, according to Karadar, does not dabble in demonology, this is obviously cult activity.

End Session, turn starts with you investigating Elefrin’s room.