PDA

View Full Version : v. 3.3.5 - Players can't connect

caledoniaman
April 18th, 2018, 22:22
Anyone else having this issue? Showing as 'Success' when I run a test.

RoleforFun
April 18th, 2018, 22:29
I had a player try to connect, but it was giving time-out errors. I figured it was Hamachi acting up, but not sure. I'll ask another player to try and see what happens. Will update.

Andraax
April 19th, 2018, 04:26
Have your players updated? What error is showing on the GM system when they try to connect?

damned
April 19th, 2018, 04:54
Sometimes after an update you need to whitelist the fantasygrounds.exe file in your AV.

caledoniaman
April 19th, 2018, 09:37
Hmm. OK guys. Thanks for your comments. Food for thought.

Stupidly (given I work in IT) I didn't ask the players what the error was. They just said they couldn't connect.

Initially they were all connected but FG advised me that 'Host was running 3.3.4 and client 3.3.5'. But all players were connected.

I then shut down fantasy grounds and updated to 3.3.5 and they could no longer connect. They were all updated to 3.3.5 as well. This would suggest a version issue as they could connect 1 minute before I upgraded and not one minute after.

However, we all then tried to use Hamachi and when we did, they could connect no problem. Despite my firewall rules not having changed, this would suggest a Firewall settings issue. However, one of my players who has some IT knowledge could easily reach my FG port and confirmed that it was definitely open.

The only other possibility is that I installed a new version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware yesterday, but again, this was installed hours before and the players were able to connect when I was running 3.3.4

Complicating matters further is the fact that when I test it my side I get the 'SUCCESS' message so without having a player constantly on hand, it's very difficult to determine whether I've fixed it.

damned
April 19th, 2018, 10:47
If you are online and you want a tester you can PM me your alias.

Oberoten
April 19th, 2018, 13:55
If the .exe file was updated it might give the firewall a different checksum and hence not be recognized as the same file. You will likely have to re-add the file to the firewall.

- Obe