PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2-4 players for a Pulp Cthulhu campaign

blackskullthunder
April 17th, 2018, 15:41
FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: Call of Cthulhu 7E (Pulp Cthulhu)

Time Zone: GMT UK
Day of week and time: Any day except for Tuesdays and Sundays at around 8/9pm (work permitting)
If new game, planned start date: ASAP
Planned Duration & Frequency: Around 4 to 6 hour long weekly sessions
Term: Preferably long term

Text or Voice: Voice (video optional)
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Around 75% Roleplay/Investigation, 25% Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 possible players, need anywhere up to 4 more
Character restrictions: Modern Day occupations only

Pulp Cthulhu is an optional subgame for Call of Cthulhu 7E, with more of a focus on combat compared to the core rules. However it is still just as deadly as the original, just giving the players more of a fighting chance.

I have two possible ideas for the game, either set in the modern day or in the Wild West using the Down Darker Trails setting guide, I will detail both below. As a GM I focus more on story and RP other combat and rules, this will be my first Pulp Cthulhu game so I'm not 100% familiar with them (though I have ran Cthulhu 7E for about 2 years now). The game will have a dark tone to it with adult themes, and be semi-realistic (as realistic as you can get at least while dealing with the Cthulhu mythos) and characters need to reflect that. Death will be frequent, characters in Cthulhu are never expected to have long life spans, but Pulp gives them more options to extend their survival.

Welcome to the Closed Perception Detective Agency where your problems become ours. Seemingly nothing more than a small New York private detective agency Collapsed Perception holds a dark secret in reality its members are dedicated to defending the public from the truth of the strange creatures that exist within the shadows of New York City, together they put their sanity, and lives, on the line to protect society from ancient creatures and those who worship them (think Angel, Men in Black, Supernatural and Torchwood). In this campaign players will be a group of new recurits to the agency who are brought together through a shared experience with the mythos and will slowly discover the truth of the existance of the supernatural and a powerful cult who wish to bring about the end of the world.

damned
April 18th, 2018, 01:14
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu should be scared!

When posting 5e games this advice is not relevant but for more niche systems I suggest you review the last few pages of LFP posts for any Cthulhu players.
There are plenty of them around but not as frequently about as 5e players.
Have fun!

Anticatoms
April 18th, 2018, 18:09
I'm interested in joining if you'll have me. I've played through "Deadlight" once and really enjoyed it, but unfortunately I haven't found a group to do more Call of Cthulhu with (no experience with Pulp Cthulhu, but I do have the rulebook). I've also never played a game on fantasy grounds so I'm hoping to learn quickly.

purpleunicorn
April 20th, 2018, 18:08
Hi, I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but would like to join you Pulp Cthulhu game if you have a slot available. I am based in London (GMT+1).

Squawwk
April 20th, 2018, 19:37
I would be interested in this, new to Pulp and FG but not to CoC. UK-based.