PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Play Mode Poll

Samarex
April 16th, 2018, 05:12
Creating a poll to find out how Starfinder is being used.
Standard RPG style or Starfinder Society Style

Trenloe
April 16th, 2018, 14:34
Standard RPG style - with a caveat. I use it for face-to-face gaming - so I use the maps, CT and for data tracking/GM reference. I use a localhost connection to show the maps and handouts, and CT to the players, they don't connect.

ChumSlinger
April 16th, 2018, 16:22
Mostly Standard RPG style although if have done one Starfinder Society Style.
I am also using FG for a mix of remote VTT, and face to face gaming support.

Treviron Riaxx
April 16th, 2018, 18:10
Plan is to use it to help with local play. Using it for VTT and various tasks by running two one on each display one screen for dm related things and other as VTT maps/token for the group.

And possibly running it online once I finally settle on what I'm doing.. (keep bouncing between two things atm and needing to transfer some pathfinder things to Starfinder.

Allmight
April 16th, 2018, 20:07
I use it the same way as Trenloe, both face to face and internet games. I rarely use minis and battlemaps nowdays.

I do have plans to host society games in the future, but not the near future.

ragnaroc1011
April 16th, 2018, 21:45
Standard here. I like long Campaigns. Never been a big fan of quick in and out games.

Blacklamb
April 16th, 2018, 21:48
Standard games for me, I have one remote player and the rest are in the room with me. I still like using a VTT even locally because the maps look better and I have easier access to notes and sheets.

Topdecker
April 23rd, 2018, 03:01
Um... both? I prefer to run a long campaign style adventure, but hopped in during the recent FG Con and ran a Starfinder Society adventure. I might be more inclined in the future to run some one-shot SFS events when the ruleset is closer to finalized.