PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Ruleset functionality.

Samarex
April 16th, 2018, 04:59
Good morning all.
I really appreciate all the feedback and bug reporting for Starfinder.
Everything gets taken in to consideration. I prioritize by how critical.and how much would need to be done.
This is why you see some simple things added before some comlacated items.

But this post is primarily for those that GM. Most of my experience with FG has been as a player so there are aspects of the software that I might not know about. For example I didnt know there was a trashcan that popped up when a NPC died. Clierts (Players) dont see that. So I was not looking for it.
So please to all GMs if there is something not showing or working on the GM side dont hesitate to let me know.

Thanks All

Talen
April 16th, 2018, 09:57
One thing I've recently noticed in prepping NPC's from Society Scenarios - and may have always been the case so not necessarily a bug - when I prepare a spell casting NPC and lock the NPC, all of the spell casting options disappear on the spell tab.

Samarex
April 16th, 2018, 10:02
One thing I've recently noticed in prepping NPC's from Society Scenarios - and may have always been the case so not necessarily a bug - when I prepare a spell casting NPC and lock the NPC, all of the spell casting options disappear on the spell tab.

Yes thats becouse no spells are prepared
If you unlock the npc at the top of the spells tab you will see the cycler button. Prepration Combat Standard. This works just like the PC spell setup.

Talen
April 16th, 2018, 11:07
Thought I cycled through standard, prep and combat and had the same issue, but I will double check.

Samarex
April 16th, 2018, 11:17
Thought I cycled through standard, prep and combat and had the same issue, but I will double check.

When you in prep you need to select spells just like PCs do then when you lock the selected spells will show

Im guessing it was set up so you can specify what and how many that PC has depending on if you want them full or only partial of there full list.

Trenloe
April 16th, 2018, 15:01
When you in prep you need to select spells just like PCs do then when you lock the selected spells will show
There is definitely an initial data display issue in at least the "Spontaneous" caster spell class.

Create a new spell class, change it to spontaneous, enter some spells per level, add some spells - the check circles will appear to the left of the spell name already selected. Lock the NPC and the whole spell class disappears. Close and open the NPC and the spell class is there and works fine from now on. It looks like there is an issue with the initial/new spell class data being displayed when the NPC is locked.

Im guessing it was set up so you can specify what and how many that PC has depending on if you want them full or only partial of there full list.
This is the "prepared" spell class from Pathfinder - where casters have access to many, many spells and need to choose which ones they have "prepared" that day.

There are three types of spell class in the Pathfinder ruleset: prepared (wizard/cleric/etc.), spontaneous (sorcerer, etc.) and points spell caster (psionic). You cycle through these by clicking the icon to the left of the spell class name. For official Paizo Starfinder, spontaneous is the only currently relevant option (that I'm aware of) - you don't prepare spells each day.

So - I think there are two things to consider here:
1) The spell class data isn't displayed correctly when first created and locked. The window needs to be closed and re-opened.
2) Maybe consider removing "prepared" and "points" options from the spell class. This, however, may cause issues with non-official, third party products which might have different spell casting functionality - so it is probably a good option to leave it in. As a minimum it might be good to have "Spontaneous" as the default spell casting class, so that people aren't confused with having to "prepare" spells that they automatically can cast?

ragnaroc1011
April 16th, 2018, 22:03
The biggest piece on my mind is the in ability to make a powers group on the Actions tab of the Character sheet. I usually parse most my powers with effect, even if for nothing more than a place holder to remind me in the combat tracker of what is going on. (Case in point, someone casts dancing lights for light, I can make an effect with a Round timer on it. Usually wouldn't time it but it is just an example. In 5e you can click the star button on the bottom of the page and there is am add power button which creates a power group you can rename the powers group within the power itself. In SF you can only create spells and weapons.

Blacklamb
April 17th, 2018, 00:03
I would love an easier way to change up the initiative order when someone readies or holds their turn. Currently I have to type in an initiative number either above or below the person they are going before or after. Also to mark they have a held or readied action.

merkvah
April 20th, 2018, 02:08
Hey, I haven't been around for a while (was on vacation, then sick, so I've been out for almost a month) but I have noticed a few updates to the SFRPG package. I am prepping for tonight's game and I'm seeing all the amazing improvements you guys have made, and I want to say, very sincerely,

THANK YOU!!

You're doing a great job. Thanks so much.

ragnaroc1011
April 21st, 2018, 23:46
Would like to see functionality within the powers/spell effects duration to set an effect put on a target at the end of a players next turn if possible. So if I put say the envoy ability Dispiriting Taunt on a target, the effect will end at the end of my next turn the following round. Right now it is scripted for 5e that ends usually at the end of a round or at the beginning of a monsters turn that has the effect on it.

Topdecker
April 23rd, 2018, 03:04
Starship combat. It is a big chunk of rules that would be nice to get integrated.

Samarex
April 23rd, 2018, 04:07
Starship combat. It is a big chunk of rules that would be nice to get integrated.

That functionality is hard at work. The first part should be in 1.0.9 Starship Creation and Starship sheet. This needed to be done first so We have all the tags required for intergration into the Combat Tracker. That is now inwork.

Topdecker
April 23rd, 2018, 04:26
That functionality is hard at work. The first part should be in 1.0.9 Starship Creation and Starship sheet. This needed to be done first so We have all the tags required for intergration into the Combat Tracker. That is now inwork.

And I am looking forward to it :) It will be interesting to see how you end up handing the various stages in each round.

Speaking of which... Vehicle combat in general looked kinda...complex. But similar to ship combat in the sense that it has 3 phases. Having a handler for this would also be groovy :)

Samarex
April 23rd, 2018, 04:34
And I am looking forward to it :) It will be interesting to see how you end up handing the various stages in each round.

Speaking of which... Vehicle combat in general looked kinda...complex. But similar to ship combat in the sense that it has 3 phases. Having a handler for this would also be groovy :)

That is also on the list

stephan_
May 5th, 2018, 13:13
After some tentative ship combats (run mostly manually):

With the current ship tokens it's not always exactly clear which way the ships are facing (or even which side is the forward arc) at first glance. I also get the sense that the current tokens are facing an edge of the hexagon, rather than a side (see e.g. CRB p 318).

I currently even use custom color coded tokens so I can more quickly determine which way the ships are facing.

Samarex
May 5th, 2018, 13:32
After some tentative ship combats (run mostly manually):

With the current ship tokens it's not always exactly clear which way the ships are facing (or even which side is the forward arc) at first glance. I also get the sense that the current tokens are facing an edge of the hexagon, rather than a side (see e.g. CRB p 318).

I currently even use custom color coded tokens so I can more quickly determine which way the ships are facing since the tokens are not a top view not really designed for Direction .

You can easly go to options and turn on token facing. You will get a yellow arrow showing foward

stephan_
May 5th, 2018, 13:40
Thanks, I did forget about that. You do seem to have to add the token to the combat tracker for it to work though - which doesn't seem to work right now for starships.

Samarex
May 5th, 2018, 13:42
Thanks, I did forget about that. You do seem to have to add the token to the combat tracker for it to work though - which doesn't seem to work right now for starships.

Correct. The combat portion of syarships is not functional yet. The developer is HARD at work on that stage.

carlmund
May 13th, 2018, 09:18
Hi, I'm just wondering if there is a NPC copy and paste for Starfinder such as the NPC Factory in the Advanced Bestiary. I really miss this when converting from Paizo Society Mods. My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.Thanks heaps for all your hard work, Andrew.

Talen
May 14th, 2018, 18:59
Hi, I'm just wondering if there is a NPC copy and paste for Starfinder such as the NPC Factory in the Advanced Bestiary. I really miss this when converting from Paizo Society Mods. My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.Thanks heaps for all your hard work, Andrew.

I'd love to see that as well....my goal is to run a society game at least every other week, but entering the npc entities manually slows that process down considerably....I long for the mod if Ken L's import tool....sped things up considerably!

Argonautking
October 31st, 2020, 07:13
So, how's that list coming along? 2 years since you said vehicle combat was "On the list." Honestly, its embarrassing that stuff from the core rulebook is still not intergrated. It even says on the damn store page that there is a vehicle race tracker in the core ruleset, at least be honest about your failings ffs.

madman
October 31st, 2020, 07:17
Did you create a vehicle extension for us all to use?