PDA

View Full Version : Session Number Decals

Wintermute
April 15th, 2018, 20:26
This extension provides desktop decals for Fantasy Ground that display a Game Session number. This extension should work with all rulesets. I have tested with CoreRPG, PFRPG, and 5e.

Updated May 5, 2018

Version 2 of this extension now includes support for session numbers 0 thru 1000, and cleaner default graphics with no background. I have uploaded this extension in 200 session number groups.

If your a Linux user, it's easy to make your own custom decals. I have a bash script that will automate the image creation of all decals and allows you to adjust values like default decal image, font, decal text, color and more. Get the code over at Bitbucket (https://www.gmwintermute.com/7zmy).

To install and configure this extension, simply download and install the extension into your %appdata%\Fantasy Grounds\Extensions folder. Activate the extension when loading your campaign, and then you can easily change your decal to the current session number. You can find the decal setting in the Fantasy Grounds Options menu under game.

Download:

Mentalic
April 15th, 2018, 23:12
Awesome, thanks for this!

shadzar
April 17th, 2018, 20:14
so 51 is the limit of desktop decals FG supports before choking?

well 52 if you don't replace and overwrite the SW decal via a ruleset.

Wintermute
April 17th, 2018, 23:35
I'm not sure that there is an upper limit. It's easy enough to add more. I thought 50 was a good number to stop at. :)

shadzar
April 18th, 2018, 00:43
Oh, i am not sure about FG usage, but i know some streams on Twitch are into sessions 200+ for weekly games.

I think the longest running FG game I have seen failed to finish Tales From the Yawning Portal. Though Rob is working on seeing it through every Wednesday since it began, what, May of last year? so about to hit episode 52 shortly and hasn't even gotten to the Giants series of adventures in it.

Some people play long campaigns, others just one shots. no telling how many sessions that 35 year old game on Youtube is.

mattekure
April 18th, 2018, 02:20
I agree, I am fairly new to FG, but I've had previous games running well over 100 sessions. Having the option would be nice, even if you broke it up into several extensions, like 1-50, 51-100, etc.

Anyway, thanks for the extension

Wintermute
April 18th, 2018, 05:00
Thanks for the feedback. I'm running two Pathfinder APs and haven't hit the 50 session mark yet, so I hadn't really thought about sessions over 50. I have updated the original post and added a second extension to handle sessions 51-100. As time permits, I will upload extensions to cover sessions 101-200.

Blue Haven
April 18th, 2018, 17:45
Nice one :) i love it :)
Big Hugs :)

Wintermute
May 3rd, 2018, 02:49
I have updated the Session Number Decals to support session numbers 0-1000. I changed the decal to a much cleaner text without the transparent background.

Screenshot: 23348

Click here to see the first post and download (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43314-Session-Number-Decals&p=385336&viewfull=1).

If your a linux user and want to create your own decals? I have a bash script that automates most of it. You can also change several things like the decal's text color, size, text, and more. Run the script and it will generate the images and create the extension.xml for you. Get the code at Bitbucket (https://www.gmwintermute.com/7zmy).