PDA

View Full Version : Installing Arcana Evolved?

dmoneydoc
April 22nd, 2006, 00:14
I am a newb with FG and I just downloaded the Arcana Evolved ruleset from Digital Adventures also. Can someone tell me where I extract all of the zipped files to? I'm kind of lost. Thanks.

Thore_Ironrock
April 22nd, 2006, 01:03
I am a newb with FG and I just downloaded the Arcana Evolved ruleset from Digital Adventures also. Can someone tell me where I extract all of the zipped files to? I'm kind of lost. Thanks.

Greetings!

The path you need to put the ruleset in is:

C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds\rulesets\d20-AE

When you unzip the file, be careful not to create "nested" directories; that is the most common problem I've seen given the way that XP uncompresses files (if you don't use WinZip). In other words, your path to base.xml should be:

C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds\rulesets\d20-AE\base.xml

and not:

C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds\rulesets\d20-AE\d20-AE\base.xml

Also make sure you're on the latest FG patch. ;)

... and thanks for the purchase too! I hope to have more of the converted free adventures for download on my site in the next week.

dmoneydoc
April 22nd, 2006, 01:21
Thanks. That helps a lot.

dmoneydoc
April 22nd, 2006, 01:25
Ok, but now where do I unzip the images & tokens file and the other two zip files?

Thore_Ironrock
April 22nd, 2006, 02:01
Ok, but now where do I unzip the images & tokens file and the other two zip files?

Token go in the TOKEN directory, and images go in the IMAGES directory of the campgaign you want to use them in. You don't automatically put them there, just when you want to use them. They are not required for anything, just additions that are there if you want to use them.

You might want to take a moment to read through the GM section of the Fantasy Grounds Manual. This information is there as well.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsManual.pdf

dmoneydoc
April 22nd, 2006, 12:13
Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks again.

Samson
December 1st, 2006, 08:10
Hello. I must have installed Arcana Evolved incorrectly for I can't seem to do two very simple things:

1. I can't add weapons, equipment or feats to the character sheet. There are no lines to manually enter them and the link symbols don't drag into the sheet.
2. I have placed the Runes of Revival free module in the "modules" directory but it does not show up after clicking the modules button.

Thanks for helping this newbie.

neceros
December 1st, 2006, 08:59
Where'd you get Arcana Evolved??

Samson
December 1st, 2006, 09:03
You can obtain the ruleset and other accessories from RPGNOW.

https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=6601&

Stuart
December 1st, 2006, 18:01
Right clicking calls up a line that allows you to manually enter data.
The RoR modules may have to be placed in your Campaign folder - opened as a Campaign and then Exported as a module ... I'll have a look over te weekend and check this out.

Toadwart
December 1st, 2006, 18:09
Also: right-clicking to add a line can be a bit 'fiddly' at times ( I think its an FG bug which should be sorted in v2).

I find that if you right-click too close to the top of the field, the radial menu doesn't contain the 'Create Item' icon. Just try again a bit lower down. Should work fine after the first entry is added.

Samson
December 2nd, 2006, 17:31
That was the solution: clicking a little farther down the field from the line. I will also explore exporting Runes of Revival (first I need to read about exporting--all in time).

For today, the free Arcana Evolved module "Severed Oath" is loaded, gamers are due to convene in a couple of hours, and I am going to give FG a shot.

Thanks for your help!