PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder society scenario boons - easier reporting?

Curaidh
April 15th, 2018, 14:18
Hi all,

I've wondered if there was a simpler way of filling out the chronicle sheets for GMs when it comes to reporting the results of a session.
Looking at my society scenario pdfs, the boon pages are the only ones not watermarked, I figured because they get "shared" anyways.

Bearing this in mind I sat down and for starters converted S0101 - The Commencement into a fillable form.
The PDF has now fields that can be pre-filled by anyone with just a PDF reader that supports forms.
Now this work would not really be worth it just for me, since I have access to advanced PDF editing tools. Which leaves 2 questions:

1. Am I allowed to share only the boon pages of scenarios (converted into fillable forms) for others to use?
2. Is there even an interest in this? Would it help anyone?

My thought is that the form can be sent out to players so they can fill out their parts quick and easy. I've even added checkboxes on limited time use boons etc. (Although that might be a bad idea since it makes for easy cheating?)

Any thoughts from the community? If the answers to my questions are "no" anyways, I'll just do this low key for myself and not make it "fancy".

Talen
April 15th, 2018, 14:43
My recollection only - a similar initiative was attempted with pathfinder society chronicles and was used for a time. After a time, Paizo came out on record prohibiting their use because they were not standardized and approved by Paizo.

...and to be clear - this is my recollection only - I would defer to Jesse (IronHelixx) as the Online Regional Venture Coordinator for the official position.

Samarex
April 15th, 2018, 15:53
My recollection only - a similar initiative was attempted with pathfinder society chronicles and was used for a time. After a time, Paizo came out on record prohibiting their use because they were not standardized and approved by Paizo.

Thats good to know. I guess I will need to get there approval for the adventure log I have planed for the Society Tab.
I was planning on adding in a log like that in 5e. to record your stuff in game.
So i will just put it in the right format and get there approvel.
But I guess I could put it in a format an have a statement on the page.
Not Useable as Offical Record
That way players would still be required to sumit Offical records to GM.

Thoughts Talen....

Talen
April 15th, 2018, 16:09
I find the Society Tab in the FG character sheet VERY useful for keeping information I need for reporting - it just cant be used as the "system of record" as it were for the Paizo role playing guild.

Samarex
April 15th, 2018, 16:13
I find the Society Tab in the FG character sheet VERY useful for keeping information I need for reporting - it just cant be used as the "system of record" as it were for the Paizo role playing guild.

Right thats what I figured. It could have all the information there but you would still ne the actual System of Record to back it up.

Octavious
April 15th, 2018, 16:43
My question is how is everyone getting the chronicle sheets to their players ? (for FG vtt) You can't fill them in because you cant edit them . I suppose you could print them out fill them in and then scan back to pdf ..

so how is everyone doing this ?? It is actually stopping me from doing any SFS material right now as Im not sure what is ok and what is not ..

Samarex
April 15th, 2018, 16:48
My question is how is everyone getting the chronicle sheets to their players ? (for FG vtt) You can't fill them in because you cant edit them . I suppose you could print them out fill them in and then scan back to pdf ..

so how is everyone doing this ?? It is actually stopping me from doing any SFS material right now as Im not sure what is ok and what is not ..

I will let the Society experts answer that question.
I just put my blurp in here becouse it fit the topic. To let you all know there was something coming in regards to logging information on your fg character sheets.

Curaidh
April 15th, 2018, 16:56

This was exactly my angle. I can edit them just fine, not everyone has the (paid) tools to do that, and in theory I "could" enable everyone to benefit off of that. I guess I'll contact Paizo about it directly.

Talen
April 15th, 2018, 17:38

While not my favorite part of the process, it's actually not that bad. Most people will fill it out by hand and scan. If a scanner isn't available some will fill out by hand and take a picture with their phone. I've also used my Ipad or surface to mark it with a stylus. Keep in mind, while I dont think form fillables are permitted -its possible Im mistaken.