PDA

View Full Version : GURPS ruleset automation and module and extension sharing questions

paladiusdarkhelm
April 15th, 2018, 13:56
I've seen some talk in the GURPS ruleset update thread regarding new automation coming in a new ruleset build. Assume this is so attributes, advantages, skill, and combat info will start auto-updating based on adjustments applied to the various areas. With Steve Jackson games OK'ing use of its game in Fantasy Grounds, is official and shareable automation now allowed?

If so, is it OK'd for community members to also now start sharing more advanced functionality they may have worked up for their individual games as modules and extensions?

If so, can we all start organizing and sharing these specific to the GURPS ruleset in a GURPS extensions thread and a GURPS modules thread?

ronnke
April 15th, 2018, 14:28
Anything shared must be your own work and can't use IP from SJGs (ie. you can't dump content from official books into libraries and such). They have granted permission for some automation, but not (yet) to the level you see with the DnD ruleset. That is something likely to come if they officially license with FG. If I want to include advance features, then I must clear it with them first. Thus far they have been good and like the way things are going with the ruleset. If there are existing community extensions people want to share, then go ahead as long as it doesn't breach the standard online policy. If you think it might, then message me the details and I can approach SJG for approval.

seycyrus
April 15th, 2018, 16:08
I'd be interested in understanding what the community think would be the priorities for automation? Then the feasibility could be addressed.

For me (tho, I think this is difficult), it would be autodamage calculation that takes into account armor on the bodypart hit, and assigns shock penalties. It would also be nice if one could optionally assign some sort of edge protection that is used.

What sort of automation are we talking about?

Trenloe
April 15th, 2018, 19:00
Thus far they have been good and like the way things are going with the ruleset.
Great to hear! :)