PDA

View Full Version : Dreamscarred Press

carlmund
April 15th, 2018, 08:09
Does Fantasy Grounds have an agreement with Dreamscarred Press? They are just about to release their Psionics Guide for Starfinder. I would buy this definitely from FG if it were available. I'm more of a hard science fiction (as opposed to fantasy) fan and Psionics for me, fit in much better than Magic.
Could a Kickstarter project be done to procure funding for a Coder? Obviously FG and Dreamscarred would have to agree to it.
Anyway, just thoughts from a Science Fiction Fan,
Andrew

Blahness98
April 15th, 2018, 14:16
I do not believe there is an agreement in place as there isn't anything in the store from dreamscarred press. Without something in place, there isn't really a point to having a developer start work on something that could not be released. Perhaps in the future something could be done.

Nothing stops you from creating the content yourself for your own games.

damned
April 15th, 2018, 14:29
First stop would be to contact [email protected]
He'll be able to tell you if they have an existing agreement.

ddavison
April 15th, 2018, 14:36
If the psionics fit into existing mechanics structures, then we'd be able to do it without significant additional effort. If it required a mechanics change, then we would likely pass on this at the moment and maybe revisit it at a later date. We don't currently have any agreements in place with that publishers, either, so we would need to do that.

Samarex
April 15th, 2018, 16:01
If the psionics fit into existing mechanics structures, then we'd be able to do it without significant additional effort. If it required a mechanics change, then we would likely pass on this at the moment and maybe revisit it at a later date. We don't currently have any agreements in place with that publishers, either, so we would need to do that.

I would have to see what there mechanics for them were and if they matched up with what we still have in the rule set. Plus if we did have to make any changes I think we would want to reach out to Pazio and see if they had any plans on it in the furture. I whould hate to put in mechanics for a third party setup then it not be compatible with Pazio version if they added it.

Treviron Riaxx
April 16th, 2018, 02:21
Might be able to make them work, since instead of using spells slots, their using power points, and you can switch the spellcasting to power points in a way.
Might be able to get away with doing the psionic abilities manually with the PP spell casting option.

Also it's not going to be released until November 2018. It's nowhere near release as their still building the classes and testing things.
Also their release date is marked November.

Thes33
April 22nd, 2018, 16:42
You can find the Dreamscarred Press psionic powers in a module I created here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37669-Pathfinder-Psionic-Powers-Ultimate-Psionics

Topdecker
April 23rd, 2018, 12:48
At some level, you have to be ok with Dragon Galactus and Space Goblins if you are going with Starfinder. The concept of undead limbs as prosthetics was a bit of an eye-opener in terms of how well things are being thought out.

What I am trying to say is that the setting is rather heavily spooled into the rules. It will probably be a lot more than swapping out magic for psionics in order to move to hard science.