PDA

View Full Version : GURPS ruleset question

ssostac1
April 15th, 2018, 03:36
Hi all,

I am new to FG, (switched from Roll20) and have a question with the ruleset. I'm in the process of creating my campaign, and under items I noticed the Defenses, Melee Weapons and Ranged Weapon buttons, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to populate them. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Scott

Honken
April 15th, 2018, 07:46
Hello ssostac1, and welcome to the FG forums.

When you make an new item, make Type either "Melee Weapon", "Ranged Weapon" or "Defense", and it will populate either list.

/Honken

ronnke
April 15th, 2018, 12:03
Hello ssostac1, and welcome to the FG forums.

When you make an new item, make Type either "Melee Weapon", "Ranged Weapon" or "Defense", and it will populate either list.

/Honken

I really should do a demo video illustrating this.

Aside from the Item types, the specific Vehicle Types are: "Ground Vehicle", "Watercraft", "Aircraft", and "Spacecraft".

paladiusdarkhelm
April 15th, 2018, 13:59
I think it would help in general if we could sticky a thread sharing this info.

ssostac1
April 15th, 2018, 18:11
Well don't I feel silly. I entered "Melee Weapons" and "Defenses" in the Type field, but never thought of trying their singular forms! Thanks everyone for your help. I look forward to running both my Traveller and my DF game in Fantasy Grounds!

One other question. How does everyone usually track ammo? On the Inventory page, and just manually decrement the Quantity field after each shot? Just curious.

Thanks again!

Scott

ronnke
April 15th, 2018, 23:26
One other question. How does everyone usually track ammo? On the Inventory page, and just manually decrement the Quantity field after each shot? Just curious.

I use the Shots field and manually edit. So if I fired 12 rounds from my 30 round magazine I would record it as such "12/30(2)". I adjust the inventory on a magazine change or if I reload.

Honken
April 15th, 2018, 23:28

Well, when i play Coriolis (not gurps) I use a piece of paper, and when i GM, i use a piece of paper.

/H

ssostac1
April 16th, 2018, 00:41
I like the idea of using the Shots field. Thanks!

Scott

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 16th, 2018, 01:28
I would also use a block, if I were playing in person, but since we are using Fantasy Ground and I think it is possible this type of automation would be very interesting, because then we would have a better control of ammunition in any type of NT, because what would determine the amount of shots consumed would be the cadence of weapons shots

paladiusdarkhelm
April 16th, 2018, 01:32
I track player's ammo on the Combat Tracker as an effect on each of their characters (also mentioned it with some other details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36043-GURPS-4E-Core-Ruleset&p=385271&viewfull=1#post385271)