PDA

View Full Version : Items Disappearing from Player's Inventory

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 22:33
I have run into an issue several times in the past couple of weeks. I have awarded the party items and put them in the party inventory. The players have dragged the items onto their inventory page, and the items disappear. There's a number for quantity that shows up in the inventory, but the chat window reports the character's name, but the item name is blank. Any ideas? Do the players need to load a particular module?

LordEntrails
April 14th, 2018, 22:36
What extensions are you running and what ruleset?

(And no, I don't immediately have any ideas.)

Trenloe
April 14th, 2018, 22:37
What ruleset are you using?
Do you have item identification on or off?
Do all items taken from the party sheet disappear or just some?
Do you have any extensions enabled?

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 22:38
Running 5e...quite a few extensions. Don't think there's any related to items.

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 22:39
What ruleset are you using? 5e
Do you have item identification on or off? ON
Do all items taken from the party sheet disappear or just some? Most
Do you have any extensions enabled? Yes

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 22:43
This is a list of extensions I have... Not all are active.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2018, 22:45
Do all items taken from the party sheet disappear or just some? Most
Can you identify any similarity between the items that either work or don't work? Do they all come from the campaign or from a specific module, or of a specific type, or identified/not identified?

Could you provide a screenshot of the chat window after loading the campaign - so we can see all of the extensions you have loaded. One of these may be causing an issue, even if they appear unrelated to items.

I'm not sure this has been reported before, so we need to try to work out what is going on.

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 22:49

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 22:51
I think that shows them all... I haven't fully reviewed what disappeared. I was just about to go through all the parcels from the past couple of sessions to put them back on the characters, when it occurred to me to post this.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2018, 22:55
Hhhmmm, there are at least one out-of-date extensions there - maybe more. Do you *really* need *all* of those? Have you checked the threads for those extensions for compatibility?

And what version is shown for the 5E and CoreRPG rulsets in the chat window?

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 23:00
"Need"? Good question. Some of them... absolutely. Others, I'm not sure. I've just had them selected for months.
5e v3.3.3
Core v3.3.4

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 23:14
That was a typo... both should be 3.3.4

Trenloe
April 14th, 2018, 23:17
I've just had them selected for months.
Not a good overall plan. Extensions override the base ruleset code and can become incompatible with FG ruleset updates - resulting in old/incompatible custom code being ran and causing all sorts of errors or unexpected behavior.

5e v3.3.3
Core v3.3.4
The latest 5E ruleset is v3.3.4. Running an older version of 5E won't help. Do you have an unpacked 5E directory in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory? Or does it look like 5E.pak hasn't been updating as part of a previous update?

I've just done some tests with v3.3.4 and no extensions - using unidentified items from campaigns and modules and I can't recreate the issue you're seeing.

So, what I'd suggest is:
1) Update so that the 5E ruleset is v3.3.4.
2) Disable the extensions you don't really need.
3) Check for compatibility of the extensions you are using.

wingspan99
April 14th, 2018, 23:22
Yeah... Sorry... That should have said 3.3.4.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2018, 23:25
Yeah... Sorry... That should have said 3.3.4.

No worries. So we're down to removing unwanted extensions and checking the remaining extensions for compatibility.

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2018, 00:14
The NPC spell slots extension is no longer needed since that is built into the code now.