PDA

View Full Version : Notepad++ .Mod extension help?

SailorLovins
April 13th, 2018, 02:41
I am using Nickademus's thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36157-5e-Asset-Templates) concerning creating 5E assets with a focal interest in creating reference manuals for both homebrew modules I am working on as well as converting some player made (with permission of course) PDF material from the DM's guild into Fantasy Grounds. My first step was to download and install Notpad ++ which I did on my 64 bit Windows 10 PC. I verified that the program I downloaded was also 64 bit. I know I am missing a step somewhere and can't seem to deduce it within the thread comments, but when I open the 5E Asset Templates.mod file with NP++ I get what looks like encrypted data. For my file compression and decompression needs I use the free version of WinRAR. Thank you for all your assistance everyone.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2018, 02:42
Unzip the .mod file first. You can't open the .mod in Notepad++ - you need to unzip the files first and open the uncompressed files.

LordEntrails
April 13th, 2018, 07:06
Note, and when you zip them back up, do not zip up the containing folder. Only zip the contents.

SailorLovins
April 13th, 2018, 13:15
Thank you guys. That did it. I'm learning this stuff surprisingly fast. It was well put together and makes it easy to pick up on the flow of logic.