PDA

View Full Version : 5e New (Old) Player LF Long-Term Campaign

Droemar
April 11th, 2018, 05:32
I used to play D&D as a teenager with a group of friends. I first started when I was 11 and played into my twenties. It's been a while, so I'd need to brush up on the rules, but I remember the basics. I started watching Critical Role and it reminded me of how much fun real-time RP could be.

I'm interested in playing a Druid based off a Mongol-type culture, people of the horse, bow, perhaps an animal companion. I'm over at Roll20 as well under the same name, but it's kind of difficult to get noticed over there. Reddit suggested Fantasy Grounds was a bit easier to make contact with folks.

I'm in Utah, so literally General Mountain Time. Looking for once a week after 3PM. I'm not a rules lawyer, not a power player, just looking for a nice group to have some strong character interactions with.

EDIT: Little more info about the character I'd like to play.

Race: Human
Class: Druid (animal tamer type, possible Dual Class eventually could be neat?)
Short Backstory: She was born to the East (Asia) to the mountain steppe people, who lived off the wastelands with hardy mountain ponies and sheep. She was regarded as sacred and raised/schooled in the temple of her people, learning the way of the horse and bow. She was offered up to a warlord in an arranged marriage meant to keep the peace. She fled, dishonored, knowing she could never return. She now travels with two wardogs and her pony, exploring a new world of freedom she's never known before.
Personality: Optimistic, naive, enthusiastic. She's a fish out of cultural water, easily amazed or delighted by everyday things. She is still devoted to her goddess (sort of trying to make up for the whole dishonored thing) and heals and looks after animals as a sort of penance. Mistreatment of children, animals, or slaves is very upsetting to her. Being from the wastelands, she's very self-sufficient and tough, used to the worst of conditions. (For example, she is used to drinking a mouthful of blood from her pony's neck when there is no food.) Her culture is modeled after the Mongols.

damned
April 11th, 2018, 09:07
Hey Droemar

This coming weekend we are running the 12th Fantasy Grounds FG Con 12 virtual convention.
Its completely free to play and open to new and old players alike.
I dont know if we are easier to find a game with but we are more fun and friendlier :) and at FG Con you should be able to find a session or 3 and meet some new people which can help you find more opportunities.

Check it out here: https://www.fg-con.com/events/

Many great GMs are running games as well as a dozen games by Expedition to Sleeper Island, and games by The Fantasy Grounds College and Pro Nobis and Savage Mojo.

SmiteWorks support the Con by upgrading Standard Licenses to Ultimate Licenses for that weekend.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/website-600x200-d.jpg (www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 12 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 13-15 2018
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.