PDA

View Full Version : New Player (to FG) looking for a group

xAxTragicxEndx
April 11th, 2018, 00:27
Hey all. Looking for a group who is willing to put up with my lack of knowledge when it comes to FG. I am interested in learning to play using FG and if all goes well then maybe even DMing at some point.

Current, i have access to the irl versions of
Player's Handbook
Dungeon Master's Guide
Monster Manual (dmg 2.0?)
Sword Coast Adventure's Guide
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Princes of the Apocolypse

I think I might have one or two more but I can't remember. Lol.

I know the IRL books don't help but if anyone is in the 19464 area and wants to play old school (meeting up around a table) then I'm also game.

If I can find some great peoples willing to teach me, then I may have one or two more interested in learning to play at some point. I usually get pretty into the characters that I am creating so you have to be a little willing to actually have fun. I'd like to find a group that is willing to run on a week night if possible but not the 9p.m. to 4 a.m. crap that I keep seeing. Let me know if anyone is looking for a fun new member. = )

I forgot to mention, if I end up liking my group and FG as a whole, I will be upgrading to the ultimate license (for more fun with more people) and get the D&D complete bundle.

damned
April 11th, 2018, 04:07
Welcome xAxTragicxEndx

This weekend we are running the 12th Fantasy Grounds FG Con 12 virtual convention.
Its completely free to play and open to new and old players alike.

Check it out here: https://www.fg-con.com/events/

Many great GMs are running games as well as a dozen games by Expedition to Sleeper Island, and games by The Fantasy Grounds College and ProNobis and Savage Mojo.

SmiteWorks support the Con by upgrading Standard Licenses to Ultimate Licenses for that weekend.

Go you 76ers!

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/website-600x200-d.jpg (www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 12 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 13-15 2018
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Mlownz
April 11th, 2018, 19:58
Hey xAxTragicxEndx,

My group is currently running through Mines of Phandelver (most of my group is new to D&D and FG so I have been walking them through it). You could jump into our campaign and learn and if you enjoy yourself stay on when we start up another campaign. Due to schedules we currently play Saturday nights starting around 8 or 9pm central time and play roughly 4 hrs. Let me know if you are interested and we can talk some more and see what you think.

xAxTragicxEndx
April 13th, 2018, 05:23
I would love to actually jump in full time with a group but my current schedule doesn't really give me weekends. Please keep me in mind if you guys ever start a weeknight thing. I would be more then interested.

Mlownz
April 13th, 2018, 05:39
No problem, If we do anything during the week I will be sure to toss you a line.

xAxTragicxEndx
April 13th, 2018, 05:43
Thanks bud